Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 5 posts
The ending to "Ass Burgers" in season 15 PostSun Nov 25, 2012 11:54 am Offline
Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:04 pm1
I need help understanding the ending of the ass burgers episode. I'm guessing that M & T just planned to reset everything back to normal for the ending but i find that very strange. I wonder why they went through all that to just reset which would've been a very good and interesting episode. Will someone please reply on what they think happened for the end of the Ass Burgers episode? Thanks.
Re: The ending to "Ass Burgers" in season 15 PostMon Nov 26, 2012 1:18 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Sure. They couldn't figure out how to make the changes stick, so they took them all back ... except for Grandpa, who's now in a care center for the elderly... and Duck President, who was a candidate (and a stand-in for Mitt Romney, natch) in "Obama Wins!"
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: The ending to "Ass Burgers" in season 15 PostSun Dec 16, 2012 3:28 pm Offline
Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:22 am59McLe, VA
Actually, the original plans were spoiled. 20/20 (I think it was them anyway) did a segment about South Park. In it they showed footage of a writers meeting, and the audio they played from the meeting was Trey discussing what would happen with Stan's parents. Of course only South Park fans understood what a big deal that was because of the cliffhanger from the mid-season finale. Because Matt and Trey are already known for changing things at the last-minute no one really panicked or picked up on the story, but yeah, the plans were technically spoiled which may have had something to do with the ending we got. In the clip Trey revealed that the end was going to be the same, but it was going to be a much larger storyline spanning the rest of the season. Stan's parents were supposed to get back together in the season finale. Sort of like how Kenny died and didn't come back for a whole season, but he still got referenced throughout it.
Re: The ending to "Ass Burgers" in season 15 PostMon Feb 04, 2013 3:10 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
They made a decision to change South Park permanently...and went back on that decision. I'd call it pussying out/backing down.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: The ending to "Ass Burgers" in season 15 PostMon Feb 04, 2013 8:57 am Offline
Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:14 pm22
In the commentary they said they were going to do a season long story line of Stan trying to get his parents back together, but they though that would be too much drama, which isn't really South Park.
They say something like people watch SP for laughs, and that making people laugh is most important to them when making the show.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 5 posts