Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 2 16 posts 1, 2  Next
Randy Randy Randy Randy PostFri Jan 04, 2013 10:08 pm Offline
Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:38 pm3
Ok this is my first post here, and I'm not spending my precious time digging thru 5+ years of posts to see if this was already covered, so here it is.

Where the hell is the RANDY COLLECTION???????

You have many collections about Cartman, a lot of holidays, even Butters has his own collection.

Randy deserves his own collection. I do not think this is an unreasonable request or idea. I mean, come on guys, if you're going to milk the cow, make sure you give all the nipples equal attention.
Re: Randy Randy Randy Randy PostFri Jan 04, 2013 11:33 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
I suppose the other boys should get their own collections first, and then Randy, Mr. Garrison, etc.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Randy Randy Randy Randy PostSat Jan 05, 2013 3:08 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
^ I agree. The less attention put on Randy the better.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: Randy Randy Randy Randy PostSun Jan 06, 2013 2:24 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
You could make your own collection of Randy episodes and watch them all in a row.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: Randy Randy Randy Randy PostMon Jan 07, 2013 6:19 pm Offline
How can anyone not like Randy?

Must I bring up the "internet incident in the tent" when everyone ws heading to California for internet?

What about the episode where he keeps getting arrested at the boys' little league games, then ended up saving the boys from a summer of boredom?

The world of warcraft episode is one of my favorites, and Randy is hilarious in that one.

2 words: Creme Fraiche

He has paid his dues so he deserves his own collection.

Obviously the boys are the stars of the show, but I want more Randy, especially after the recent Halloween episode. That was freakin hilarious!!!!!!
Re: Randy Randy Randy Randy PostMon Jan 07, 2013 11:02 pm Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am563
Seriously, how can anyone not like an overused, worn out clone of Homer Simpson that wants to be the bride at every wedding and the corpse at every funeral? How?!!
Re: Randy Randy Randy Randy PostTue Jan 08, 2013 12:12 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
The Studios have set up a Facebook page for him, if that helps. :)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Randy Randy Randy Randy PostTue Jan 08, 2013 2:56 am Offline
heatherly36 wrote:
How can anyone not like Randy?

Must I bring up the "internet incident in the tent" when everyone ws heading to California for internet?

What about the episode where he keeps getting arrested at the boys' little league games, then ended up saving the boys from a summer of boredom?

The world of warcraft episode is one of my favorites, and Randy is hilarious in that one.

2 words: Creme Fraiche

He has paid his dues so he deserves his own collection.

Obviously the boys are the stars of the show, but I want more Randy, especially after the recent Halloween episode. That was freakin hilarious!!!!!!

Dude, everyone has their own opinion. You have to accept some people just don't like certain characters and episodes. Why I don't like Randy- he is a bad father and husband. He is a man-child. Over dramatic. Over-used. And simply- an idiot.

This doesn't mean he doesn't have funny moments. He does, like you mentioned. But it doesn't make me like him.

Peace, dude.

Haa, I love that line.
Re: Randy Randy Randy Randy PostTue Jan 08, 2013 10:52 pm Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am254
Randy Marsh rocks - even if he does occasionally punish his britches.

A Chef collection - now that would be sweet. He, Randy and Garrison probably deserve one before Kinnnee. Cartman, Stan + Kyle, and I guess Butters would be first in line.
Re: Randy Randy Randy Randy PostTue Jan 08, 2013 11:35 pm Offline
Well I'm glaf someone here loves Randy too. I also agree there should be a chef collection as well.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMURRICA!!
Re: Randy Randy Randy Randy PostWed Jan 09, 2013 1:13 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
UhhIDontKnow wrote:
He, Randy and Garrison probably deserve one before Kinnnee.

...No. Kenny has a fantastic story arc at this point, actually. I would love a Kenny collection. (I have my own version, but when the episode player here breaks, it takes a lot of disc changing to pull off. Having them all in one place would be nice.)

I don't know that Stan and Kyle could have collections because they're in almost every episode. But maybe.

Randy? Meh. I'm sure there's enough for a collection, but I wouldn't buy it.

On a slightly related note, though, it would be really sweet if this site had a playlist option so people could build their own collections.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: Randy Randy Randy Randy PostWed Jan 09, 2013 9:27 pm Offline
Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:49 pm2
I do love Randy, ( my favorite character ) but a Kenny collection would be superb, he actually has some good development.
Re: Randy Randy Randy Randy PostWed Jan 09, 2013 10:58 pm Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am254
NeuroHeart wrote:
UhhIDontKnow wrote:
He, Randy and Garrison probably deserve one before Kinnnee.

...No. Kenny has a fantastic story arc at this point, actually. I would love a Kenny collection. (I have my own version, but when the episode player here breaks, it takes a lot of disc changing to pull off. Having them all in one place would be nice.)

I don't know that Stan and Kyle could have collections because they're in almost every episode. But maybe.

Randy? Meh. I'm sure there's enough for a collection, but I wouldn't buy it.

On a slightly related note, though, it would be really sweet if this site had a playlist option so people could build their own collections.

Kinnee has gotten more interesting for sure. But for characters like Randy and Garrison, well they were featured in some of the most hilarious episodes in the show's history, and right from the get-go. For a long time all a Kinnee collection would consist of would be a compilation of his deaths. But since Mysterion he's been getting much better treatment.
Re: Randy Randy Randy Randy PostFri Jan 11, 2013 5:51 pm Offline
Wed May 30, 2012 12:10 pm16
I'm going to have to agree with others who have said he's overrated.. He really is.

He's best used as a B-Plot, or small appearances, as that's where he is used best.

His parts in "The Losing Edge" was great. The main focus was on the boys losing, but his plot was entertaining, and it tied in brilliantly.

He was also great in the Warcraft episode, and his few scenes in the Facebook episode.

However, I can't stand most Randy episodes - "More Crap", "Sarcastaball", and his scenes in "You're Getting Old."

I think Randy should stay a dad, and the boys should definitely keep their spot as number one. I remember I read somewhere on a professional television website that said "Randy is clearly replacing the four boys as the main character" that horrified me. South Park is about the four boys, and having too much Randy would make the show more like The Simpsons or Family Guy, which the show is trying to be different.
Re: Randy Randy Randy Randy PostSat Jan 12, 2013 2:42 am Offline
Nicely said. I agree, Randy can be funny when his role is small. Or at least his son has a large role in the eppy. He does have funny lines and moments but the thought of him replacing the boys.... is horrifying indeed.

Haa, I love that line.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 2 16 posts 1, 2  Next