Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 1 of 1 14 posts
Season 17 PostSun Jan 06, 2013 4:07 pm Offline
Sat May 07, 2011 10:18 am10
Does anybody know when the 17th season of South Park starts?

I know it's in March but does anybody know the exact date?
Re: Season 17 PostSun Jan 06, 2013 4:39 pm Offline
Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:53 pm299
kylefan86 wrote:
Does anybody know when the 17th season of South Park starts?

I know it's in March but does anybody know the exact date?

This thread is the best guess. It will be changed to a more accurate date when the official date is announced, but the best guess date at this time is Wed, March 13, 2013.

For your convenience, here is a link to the countdown timer I made under the nick "zzyzx 1":

Countdown Timer Link
Re: Season 17 PostSun Jan 06, 2013 7:38 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
A start date hasn't been announced yet.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Season 17 PostSun Jan 13, 2013 4:41 am Offline
Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:16 am13
Season 17 is most likely going to start some time in April. Matt and Trey are surely going to be in London for the official opening of Book of Mormon in London on March 21. And they probably want a couple of weeks off after that.
Re: Season 17 PostMon Jan 14, 2013 6:44 am Offline
Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:53 pm299
TurnItOff wrote:
Season 17 is most likely going to start some time in April. Matt and Trey are surely going to be in London for the official opening of Book of Mormon in London on March 21. And they probably want a couple of weeks off after that.

Could be. Sound very reasonable. Whenever the official date is released by Comedy Central or this board I will post the updated date here :)
Re: Season 17 PostMon Jan 14, 2013 2:38 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
Expect to see it in late March or Early April, depending on the schedule. These announcements are usually made at the same time they announce the release of the DVD.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: Season 17 PostFri Jan 18, 2013 5:38 pm Offline
Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:54 pm91Southern Cali, that's all I can say
I'm guessing that Episode 1701 will either air on May 1 or May 8, 2013.
Re: Season 17 PostSun Jan 27, 2013 6:34 pm Offline
Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:11 pm155
It's going to be moved to 10 episodes in September.
Re: Season 17 PostSun Jan 27, 2013 6:36 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1434in a secret underground bunker
10 Episodes.... :(

Now 2 Part run...no 14 Episodes.

Just 10 episodes...South Park is on Hiatus until September 25th. :cry:

This makes me a sad Panda :cartmancry:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: Season 17 PostSun Jan 27, 2013 6:47 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUkkkkkkkk

What are they thinking?! I am so pissed right now omg. September feels like years away. And 10 episodes... are they just getting lazy or what?! I liked 7 in spring, 7 in fall. Something to look forward to both times. 10 in a row is just not SP! It's not a consistent kind of show but they have been doing 14 for years now. Why change?! And now no new SP in March, I wanna cry. It's only Jan. I have to wait for spring, summer, and beginning of fall for new SP? You have GOT to be kidding!

Angry fan right here M&T. Stupid thinking on your part, and I never think that about you guys.

:cartmansopissedrightnow: :cartmansopissedrightnow: :cartmanyell:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: Season 17 PostSun Jan 27, 2013 7:28 pm Offline
Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:43 pm4
Stanluv25 wrote:
FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUkkkkkkkk

What are they thinking?! I am so pissed right now omg. September feels like years away. And 10 episodes... are they just getting lazy or what?! I liked 7 in spring, 7 in fall. Something to look forward to both times. 10 in a row is just not SP! It's not a consistent kind of show but they have been doing 14 for years now. Why change?! And now no new SP in March, I wanna cry. It's only Jan. I have to wait for spring, summer, and beginning of fall for new SP? You have GOT to be kidding!

Angry fan right here M&T. Stupid thinking on your part, and I never think that about you guys.

:cartmansopissedrightnow: :cartmansopissedrightnow: :cartmanyell:

To be fair to Matt and Trey, you truly won't understand what goes into making an episode, unless you actually work at SPS. So to call them lazy is just appalling. That's pretty ungrateful of you. Yea, be disappointed that the season is slightly delayed, but don't call them lazy.

Have you ever stopped to think about them? I doubt it. They want to do other things. And that they should. They do good work. I'd rather a slightly shorter season with happy creators than a longer season with burnt out creators.

I'm going to think positively about this. I'm going to say, they want to do other things, but instead of turning South Park into the Simpsons, they're just better organizing their time. This will ensure not only higher quality episodes, but perhaps more seasons if it works out. They'll likely not be as tired when they start the season.

Besides, the game comes out some time in the middle of the year. That should tie you over until September.
Re: Season 17 PostSun Jan 27, 2013 7:37 pm Offline
Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:26 pm55
What he said.

No doubt there are going to be a whole lot of angry, depressed SP fans who don't want to wait until September or see the game plan switch to a single 10 episode run. If you step back and look at it from M&T's POV, however, it makes a lot more sense. The biggest plus for them is that SP doesn't break up their year, so they actually have a good chunk of time to devote to something else when they're not producing SP episodes. Let's face it, after 16 years of doing SP, they want to do other stuff - and who can blame them? I'm just happy that they would rather make a format change which accommodates their artistic growth and still allows them to produce SP instead of abandoning the show altogether, which they could certainly afford to do. At least this way, when their 10 episode run comes around, they'll go at it with ideas they've had the better part of the year to think about and will likely be excited to get back to the show. Me, I'd rather have another 10 years of SP @ 10 eps a year than another couple of years worth before M&T get antsy or burn out on the show altogether. Besides, who knows what they might come up with in that other chunk of time every year?

It is gonna be a long wait, though...
You know - I've learned something today.
Re: Season 17 PostSun Jan 27, 2013 7:46 pm Offline
Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:42 pm1
My stance on this situation is the fact that while there may be less episodes they will be spectacular! Think of it as Breaking Bad.

- Dr. Anal B. Leakage
Re: Season 17 PostMon Jan 28, 2013 12:26 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
This question was answered today in the News forum. Continue the conversation there. :)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 1 of 1 14 posts