Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 10 136 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September! PostSun Jan 27, 2013 6:22 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
South Park returns this Fall with 10 all-new episodes! Season 17 kicks off Wednesday, September 25th, 2013 on Comedy Central at 10p/9c.

For more on the new season, check out this exclusive New York Times article and interview with Trey and Matt.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/28/busin ... .html?_r=0

Let the countdown begin!
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostSun Jan 27, 2013 6:41 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1436in a secret underground bunker
Yep. Just heard the disapointing news :(

Matt and Trey pretty much are sick and tired of the "2 step" 7 episode process. They first want more time to create just 10 episodes (less than 14) and they also want to focus more on development of their Studio Productions...and whatever they have planned in the next Broadway Installment.

This also makes me wonder if M&T are interested in getting back into a MOVIE production. I wonder if around 2015 they will release a FEATURE FILM (Non-SP Related btw). But it wouldn't surprise me.

Not to sound like a negative Nancy. But this is the news that should be extremely depressing. I know that SP is "renewed" Until season 20 or thereabouts. But one now has to wonder...by only creating 10 episodes per season...if this is a way of saying that the series is reaching the end. :cartmancry:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostSun Jan 27, 2013 7:47 pm Offline
Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:02 pm37
I can't wait that long! The last season ended in November, and the next season airs in September? :cartmancry:
Hello, My name is bailrocks123, and I'm addicted to South Park. LOL

Favs:
Charecter(out of the 4 boys): Kyle
Chatecter(in all): Butters
Episodes: Butters' Very Own Episode,Chreekoke Hair Tampons,and Kenny Dies.
Other:
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostSun Jan 27, 2013 7:58 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Nobody wants to hear me bitch, so I'm just gonna ask one question...

WHY SEPTEMBER!?
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostSun Jan 27, 2013 8:05 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
We just got screwed out of 16 episodes you guys! I'm am honestly in a state of shock right now between the shortening of the seasons and the later start. It obviously seems like Trey and Matt want to move on based on these particular actions. It's a shame Stan, Kyle, Cartman, Kenny, Butters, and all of the other great residents of this wacky little mountain town have to get shafted in order for M&T to build the next Disney or Fox media empire. I really hate to see the series go out like this, but as a loyal fan, I guess I'm going to hang around.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostSun Jan 27, 2013 8:21 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
Well, I am just curious to what kinds of projects has resulted in this shift to a shorter autumn season. I'm betting that they have an itch to do something new and given that they've been working on this since college, can't blame them entirely for wanting to branch out.

And the truth is that it usually shows up in the show quality when they were trying to do other projects along with the show. We had some really weak late season 2 episodes due to the movie, around when they were doing Team America and Book of Mormon. It's taxing to do that.

But September is a long wait.
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostSun Jan 27, 2013 8:24 pm Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am563
Am I dreaming or is it April 1 already? Because this "wonderful news" sounds like a bad joke to me. :?
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostSun Jan 27, 2013 9:06 pm Offline
Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:02 pm37
So, this is the start of South Park's decline into the show being cancelled. I feel like Kyle on Christmas, or Cartman trapped in fat camp, or kenny with a purity ring, or stan in a slaughter house. Sad part is, i just started getting into South Park. Started watching it on my new laptop i got for christmas. 16 seasons is a long time for one show, but this show.....there's no words to desricbe how amazing this show is. It has no limits, which is why it is awesome. It "makes fun of everyone" so no one really gets hurt. It's my favorite show, but by September, I might not be obbessed with it anymore. I'm not trying to bitch, but i really hope South Park keeps going. :cartmancry: :tweek:
Hello, My name is bailrocks123, and I'm addicted to South Park. LOL

Favs:
Charecter(out of the 4 boys): Kyle
Chatecter(in all): Butters
Episodes: Butters' Very Own Episode,Chreekoke Hair Tampons,and Kenny Dies.
Other:
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostSun Jan 27, 2013 9:12 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
Their may be a silver lining to this change after all:
Quote:
We want to keep ‘South Park’ going for a long time to come, and given what is going on in television, I don’t think it matters as much how many episodes you have,” Mr. Stone said.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostSun Jan 27, 2013 10:18 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
Jeez, we gotta wait another 8 months (instead of about 2) and we lose 4 episodes (granted there's usually 3 'meh' episodes a season).

Seems like they're kinda putting South Park on the back burner. Granted M&T have success in other comedy areas and no doubt want to expand their horizon...this is depressing.

Are we to expect better content in episodes? Also will this upcoming Season Set still retail for $45+ for 10 episodes?

Also, where's our 2nd series of Kidrobot?
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostSun Jan 27, 2013 10:24 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Just... don't make us wait until September for the Season 16 DVD set...
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostSun Jan 27, 2013 11:45 pm Offline
Big-Will wrote:
Just... don't make us wait until September for the Season 16 DVD set...

You know it's funny, I was thinking the same thing earlier.

Truthfully, I was already looking more forward to the S16 DVD than S17, given my cynicism's been growing lately.
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostSun Jan 27, 2013 11:54 pm Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am563
Can you believe what this guy is saying?

Quote:
Doug Herzog, president of the Viacom Entertainment Group, which owns Comedy Central, echoed that sentiment. “ ‘South Park’ has yet to meet a platform it hasn’t been able to conquer,” Mr. Herzog said. “We’re happy to take as many or as few as they can produce. Frankly, I’m surprised it took them this long to get to a schedule like this.”

As few as they can produce? Orly?! Would a single 5 minute long "episode" per year still do the trick and be accepted by Viacom/CC as if it were a regular South Park season consisting of 14 regular episodes? Does that make ANY SENSE AT ALL??? I don't want to point fingers, but someone must be out of his frikkin mind. And that person is definitely not me.
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostSun Jan 27, 2013 11:57 pm Offline
^ Doug Herzog won't risk his relationship with M&T - everyone knows South Park but CC on the map back in 1997. It's among their most important properties and I doubt he has much leverage over M&T at this point.
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostMon Jan 28, 2013 12:10 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
VACOOLA wrote:
Can you believe what this guy is saying?

Quote:
Doug Herzog, president of the Viacom Entertainment Group, which owns Comedy Central, echoed that sentiment. “ ‘South Park’ has yet to meet a platform it hasn’t been able to conquer,” Mr. Herzog said. “We’re happy to take as many or as few as they can produce. Frankly, I’m surprised it took them this long to get to a schedule like this.”

As few as they can produce? Orly?! Would a single 5 minute long "episode" per year still do the trick and be accepted by Viacom/CC as if it were a regular South Park season consisting of 14 regular episodes? Does that make ANY SENSE AT ALL??? I don't want to point fingers, but someone must be out of his frikkin mind. And that person is definitely not me.

Doesn't have to make sense. MnT are calling the shots, and Viacom will do whatever MnT call to keep the show alive. Matt Stone: "Why did we do seven and seven to begin with? We just sort of made that up. And we are switching to 10 for the same reason. It just sounded like a good number, and so we can more easily do other stuff, we won’t break up the year."
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 1 of 10 136 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next