Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 7 of 9 134 posts Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostSun Jul 07, 2013 8:40 pm Offline
Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:46 pm8
Yeah I know waiting until September is driving me around the bend too but we did not get ganked. The Book of Mormon was fantastic. I was thinking "WTF? A BROADWAY SHOW?!" too, like a lot of people probably were, but I was not disappointed.

As for number of episodes, I'm all for quality over quantity. I saw "6 Days To Air" and can see that way of doing things could only work for Trey, Matt and the team only so long. That would end up in a blur of caffeine sickness and speed addiction before long, probably...I just know that just like the boys, I can't wait for summer to be over...
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostTue Jul 09, 2013 9:04 am Offline
Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:38 pm1
It's been said before, but I feel the ten episode system would be more beneficial to the show. The UK usually does six episodes a season, and that (usually) ensures that only the best is going on the air.

I think the new format will free M&T up considerably, especially considering the success of The Book of Mormon - They must be exhausted!
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostWed Jul 31, 2013 11:22 am Offline
Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:33 am16
GUYS!!!

Tomorrow is August 1st, and that means we can officially say that South Park comes back Next Month! :mrgreen:
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostWed Jul 31, 2013 11:53 am Offline
Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:42 am10
MissMakesmesick90 wrote:
GUYS!!!

Tomorrow is August 1st, and that means we can officially say that South Park comes back Next Month! :mrgreen:

Yes, and it will be one month for the new episodes! :unhoodedkenny:
South Park is more than immature fart jokes
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostSat Aug 10, 2013 2:21 am Offline
Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:33 am16
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=47147

OMG read this!

they mention how much they miss making the show as it's the longest they've ever gone without it - and they hint that MYSTERION MAY COME BACK.

I can't wait - less than 7 weeks to go!
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostTue Aug 13, 2013 10:57 am Offline
Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:48 am2
I've been a huge fan of the show for a long time and have all the season DVD's. I'm excited to see new episodes. It will be nice that they are not breaking up the season even if it is fewer episodes.

Sadly, the show has been going downhill for several seasons now. Fewer and fewer good episodes each season. More stupid, obscure pop culture references and too much profanity. The writing is getting lazier and the ideas are getting more stale. I think MNT are getting tired of doing it and are just waiting until another project of theirs takes off so they can pull the plug on SP for good. Still a big fan though. It's just sad that it's not nearly as good as it used to be. Just my humble opinion.
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostMon Aug 26, 2013 11:54 am Offline
Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:47 am1
Ooooh! I'm so eager. I absolutely cannot wait!!! :D I can't believe it's coming next month. WOOHOO!
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostFri Sep 06, 2013 12:16 am Offline
  • YIM
Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:55 pm11Long island, NY
Cant wait to see some new episodes. :D
Favorite episodes: The ring and The red badge of gayness
Favorite season: Season 10
Favorite character: Kyle Broflovski
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostTue Sep 10, 2013 2:49 pm Offline
Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:43 pm1
woo hoo!
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostTue Sep 10, 2013 10:59 pm Offline
Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:44 pm1London
Started watching it on my new laptop i got for christmas. 16 seasons is a long time for one show,
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostSat Sep 14, 2013 5:24 pm Offline
Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:20 am1
Great :)
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostSun Sep 15, 2013 1:21 am Offline
Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:43 pm89
I'm personally psyched beyond all belief for the new season.

I've been watching the show off and on since season 2. I was only 6 or 7 at the time but I had a friend with parents who didn't really supervise what he watched and I remember becoming hooked on the show even back then, despite all the references and all of the vulgarity going over my head, along with the twisted plotlines.

Anyway, regardless of the specifics, as someone who's watched since season 2 and has seen every episode more than once, it is my humble opinion that the series hasn't changed for the worse, but rather that it has evolved.

I respect other viewpoints on the matter but I personally don't get the whole "SP sucks now" mentality that people around the internet seem to have. I'm not specifically talking about anyone in this thread (the one individual in this thread who mentioning not enjoying the newer episodes was at least respectful) or even anyone on this board at all, but rather the masses on the internet who don't "get" the newer shows.

Yes, the first 1-3 seasons or so were full of nonstop laughs and are great for me for nostalgic and comedic purposes but the episodes were often thinner in plot and more random, as if they were trying to appeal to stoned college kids and not even always succeeding in doing that (as a sometimes stoned college kid, I often enjoy the newest episodes).

The newer episodes are not only socially and politically relevant in many cases - they're smarter. Trey and Matt have completely evolved as writers, and it shows in how eloquently the characters speak in the newer episodes compared to the older ones. These newer episodes are somewhat thinner on laughs, but to me, they're still hilarious as well.
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostSun Sep 15, 2013 1:43 am Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
With south park only a mere few weeks away, let's get exited!

That sounded better out loud
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostSun Sep 15, 2013 9:25 pm Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
This is going to be the season that dictates whether or not I'm abandoning this fandom forever.

Re: South Park Returns With 10 All-New Episodes In September PostSun Sep 15, 2013 9:51 pm Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
That's the case for me too... But for old time's sake, i'll probably stick around till the end of the show
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"

Sort by  
Page 7 of 9 134 posts Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next