Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 6 of 11 158 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Release Limbo PostMon Feb 25, 2013 1:51 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Mkay
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Release Limbo PostMon Mar 18, 2013 12:09 pm Offline
Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:44 am4Finland
Ubisoft is going to give info on lot of games during PAX east, so maybe they will tell something about Stick of Truth too
If you don't know what something means, google it
Pairings that I support: Stendy, Clybe, Heiman, ButtersxRed
South Park: The Stick of Truth Serious Question PostSat Mar 23, 2013 8:17 am Offline
Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:05 pm1
I've been reading a lot about what is happening with THQ's bankruptcy and the disputes of what is going to happen to the mush expected game. I prepaid my copy the moment it was announced and know am very worried about my investment. I want it to be everything I ever wanted and expected for South Park and its creators but one thing I can't seem to find is how Matt Stone and Trey Parker feel about there entire work being tossed around and held up? Many fans I feel are very disappointed with its unknown release and no word of how the creators really feel. I have seen where many people are getting refunds from pre-ordering and doubting the game's very high expectations. I would like to hear a statement from South Park Studios on how Matt and Trey feel about the game and its trouble. For one reason, I will be getting a refund until I know that Matt and Trey truly are happy with how the game and its production all turns out. If they are unsatisfied or cheated in anyway I will not be purchasing it. It is there child after all and it's only worth it as a true die hard South Park fan spit on it's great legacy as the best cartoon comedy ever to bless us with laughs. lease let me know if there is such a statement or will be one soon.
Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Serious Question PostSat Mar 23, 2013 1:44 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
The game is done, so Matt and Trey must be happy with it. With the Book of Mormon opening in London, they're not thinking about the game right now. The Studios sued THQ for breach of contract two months ago, but the game went to Ubisoft anyway. How you feel about Ubisoft is more important than how Matt and Trey feel about it if you're thinking about canceling your pre-order.
My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Serious Question PostMon Apr 15, 2013 11:35 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
According to this artical here, dated 3/27/13; http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/1 ... e-news.htm
The game is not done, THQ was trying to push the game out sooner because they needed the money but they ran out of time. Ubisoft & Obsidian seen to be fixing/polishing the stuff THQ would have let go in the effort to make money quickly. So it seems anytime from July to late December, (closer to late December) would be the release time. If we're lucky, it will be out about the same time season starts.
Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Serious Question PostMon Apr 15, 2013 6:31 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
maxbjr wrote:
According to this artical here, dated 3/27/13; http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/1 ... e-news.htm
The game is not done, THQ was trying to push the game out sooner because they needed the money but they ran out of time. Ubisoft & Obsidian seen to be fixing/polishing the stuff THQ would have let go in the effort to make money quickly. So it seems anytime from July to late December, (closer to late December) would be the release time. If we're lucky, it will be out about the same time season starts.

I wouldn't exactly consider IDT a legitimate source, they tend to make stuff up as they go. I'd trust TMZ before I'd trust them.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Serious Question PostMon Apr 15, 2013 8:37 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1435in a secret underground bunker
The Game is "Done"...but it's in Beta Testing....Still. :|
In fact, it's been in Beta Test mode...for about 5 months now :roll:

I was sooo happy to see the other day, a "Promo" case for the game at GameStop. Oh yes, it will be here!! :D

But here lies the issue, there is STILL no release date. In Fact, the only thing that can almost be certain is that the game will be released SOMETIME this year....that could mean anywhere from July to November. So that is what I would hope people to expect, perhaps a Late Summer/Fall Release....if M&T can get everything into place :?
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Serious Question PostMon Apr 15, 2013 11:02 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
maxbjr wrote:

The date it gives is December 31, which is a generic date given to games that don't have a specific release date.

Major releases usually happen the day before the Spring run begins. Since the season won't start until Sept. 25 this year, you can expect the game to come out on Sept. 24 at the earliest. So you can hope for a Fall release or a Winter one, but don't hold your breath.
My SP Fan Site.

Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Serious Question PostTue Apr 23, 2013 8:32 am Offline
Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 pm2
No words can describe how excited I am.
Check out my article about it.
Rothalack
GameSkinny
Staff Editor
Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Serious Question PostSun Apr 28, 2013 12:51 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Rothalack wrote:

If that were true, you wouldn't have an article on it. :lol:
My SP Fan Site.

Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Serious Question PostTue Apr 30, 2013 6:30 am Offline
Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 pm2
Big-Will wrote:
Rothalack wrote:

If that were true, you wouldn't have an article on it. :lol:

The words in the article is just a short description of what the game is looking to be like. There are no words describing how excited I am other than "I've waited my whole life for this!" lol
Rothalack
GameSkinny
Staff Editor
Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Serious Question PostTue May 21, 2013 7:43 pm Offline
Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:09 am18canada
Ive read somewhere, i forgot where, that Matt/Trey are pissed off at the new company that took over "Stick of Truth", but they didnt say why. I hope this new company didnt censor anything from the game or change its original content. Any idea when its coming out?
Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth Serious Question PostTue May 21, 2013 9:47 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
They didn't have a contract with Ubisoft. They had a contract with THQ and took THQ to court when it went backrupt... but lost. We don't know how they feel about Ubisft taking over, but they're sure pissed off at THQ.
My SP Fan Site.

Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Release Limbo PostMon May 27, 2013 11:38 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
Well. It's still scheduled for this year. My guess: October.

Why?

*Mid season for South Park (Short season, so consider it being in the middle for effective advertising)

*4th Quarter in Retail/Game stores (AKA: Christmas hell time)

*Typically, most games schedule to hit shelves in October/November to maximize holiday sales.

If I had to guess, I'd say October 15th. Namely because it's a day after my birthday. But seriously, it's 2nd Tuesday in October, and early in the season of South Park.

Maybe we'll get new Kidrobot figures too?
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Release Limbo PostTue May 28, 2013 9:10 am Offline
Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:44 am4Finland
HAcoreRD wrote:
Well. It's still scheduled for this year. My guess: October.

Why?

*Mid season for South Park (Short season, so consider it being in the middle for effective advertising)

*4th Quarter in Retail/Game stores (AKA: Christmas hell time)

*Typically, most games schedule to hit shelves in October/November to maximize holiday sales.

If I had to guess, I'd say October 15th. Namely because it's a day after my birthday. But seriously, it's 2nd Tuesday in October, and early in the season of South Park.

Maybe we'll get new Kidrobot figures too?

If they push it back to last quarter of year, they'll be shooting themselves in the leg, because they'd have to compete with a other larger audience attracting tittles. If they want to get largest possible audience, then they should publish it during summer.

But right now I'm just waitng for E3 to see if they give more info there.
If you don't know what something means, google it
Pairings that I support: Stendy, Clybe, Heiman, ButtersxRed

Sort by  
Page 6 of 11 158 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next