Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 7 posts
How the f*ck has Kyle beaten everyone on the sweet 16 poll? PostSat Apr 06, 2013 10:53 pm Offline
Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:27 pm1
I legitimately was not aware that people actually liked him. Randy or Cartman were the two I thought would be in the top two... :timmy:
Re: How the f*ck has Kyle beaten everyone on the sweet 16 po PostTue Apr 09, 2013 12:33 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
He's got a fervent fanbase. :)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: How the f*ck has Kyle beaten everyone on the sweet 16 po PostWed Apr 10, 2013 11:50 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
He won because enough people like him to form a group and vote as frequently as they can, because the voting system failed to include a method of preventing people from voting more than once.

Fangirls, to answer your question. They're obnoxious, annoying, and predictable, and for some reason they're drawn to Kyle. Maybe it's because he's as predictable, whiny, and stubborn as they are.

Many people like Cartman, but you have a sizeable minority who hate him because of his overexposure in the show, and his blatant bigotry and racism. I agree that he's overused.

I find Kenny highly likeable because of his wit and his twisted sense of humor. The only reason anyone would have anything against him is the fact that he's heavily muffled, physically and audibly, and he's rarely seen or used anymore. Nothing with his personality - just how he's treated by the show's staff.

Some people might say Stan is boring and bread-and-butter, but he's less predictable and annoying than the rest. He's the person most people can relate to, and he has a huge fan base.

Butters is just overused. He's a great character if he's used sparingly. Everything people like about him, like his stuttering, gullibility, and soft-natured personality have been exploited and run into the ground. He's one of the only cartoon characters I can think of who is actually overdeveloped.
Re: How the f*ck has Kyle beaten everyone on the sweet 16 po PostThu Apr 11, 2013 12:08 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
True, it didn't ask for any member's name, and all votes were run through a limited range of IPs, so no vote could be rejected. So I voted Butters often, but not so much as to press F5 (refresh) every time, heh.
My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: How the f*ck has Kyle beaten everyone on the sweet 16 po PostThu Apr 11, 2013 12:56 am Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
I like Butters and Kyle as characters. Never expected that final 2 though.

Butters basically is a major factor in a disproportionate number of well loved episodes. Awesome-O, Imaginationland, Casa Bonita, Last of the Meheecans, Butters' Bottom Bitch etc. The argument can be made that he's overused at this point, but he has a lot of classic moments.

And I personally like Kyle as a foil to the general insanity of South Park. With so many insane events and over the top characters, it's good to have someone who acts as a logical, intelligent voice. You need that with Cartman's antics, but it relegates him to secondary character status.

That said, I don't get the fangirls since they often reinterpret the character to the point of bastardization. How the hell does anybody get weak and girly? I don't think they watch the same show.

I was actually surprised Craig wasn't an option in any of the brackets. He as enough of a cult status (basically due to Pandemic) to have resulted in an upset.
Re: How the f*ck has Kyle beaten everyone on the sweet 16 po PostFri Apr 12, 2013 1:59 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
I had a feeling it would be either Cartman, Butters, or Randy. Their fans worship them. I'm surprised Kyle did get this far.... I don't hate him but he's a wet blanket and of the main boys, I don't relate to him at all. I know he has a lot of fans but enough to make him win??

Wish I had a chance to vote for Sharon. And I knew Stan wouldn't win. Even if he has loyal fans I just don't think there are enough. :/
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: How the f*ck has Kyle beaten everyone on the sweet 16 po PostFri Apr 12, 2013 9:52 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
My SP Fan Site.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 7 posts