Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 3 posts
The Libertarian Lessons of South Park PostWed Apr 10, 2013 10:25 pm Offline
Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:09 pm1
Hello, South Park Fans

I'm an author/publisher, and I'm writing a book called The Libertarian Lessons of South Park. I have a preliminary (unedited) draft available online here:

http://share.pdfonline.com/f0862ec12a3a44a198bb5b52a381fb70/The%20Libertarian%20Lessons%20of%20South%20Park1.htm

I'm looking for comments and suggestions to improve it. If you're interested, read the PDF file, and send me a message at:

http://www.123contactform.com/contact-form-smalltownpress-47326.html

Brandon Simpson
Re: The Libertarian Lessons of South Park PostSun Apr 28, 2013 11:26 am Offline
Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:02 pm37
It's really good, but think of the episode "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs". You can't think that all of South Park has to have a big "purpose". Sure, there are a lot of great messages in the show, about treating people and Kyle's famous line "You know, I learned something today." But, can't some fart jokes be fart jokes? Can't we make fun of Sarah Jessica Parker, not to show something about economics or whatever, because she looks like a horse? I like thinking about the reasons for episodes, but I never go too deep.
Hello, My name is bailrocks123, and I'm addicted to South Park. LOL

Favs:
Charecter(out of the 4 boys): Kyle
Chatecter(in all): Butters
Episodes: Butters' Very Own Episode,Chreekoke Hair Tampons,and Kenny Dies.
Other:
Re: The Libertarian Lessons of South Park PostSun Apr 28, 2013 3:36 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
That's an awful lot of work you put in there and I'm glad people still enjoy South Park enough to do something like this, incorporating the newer episodes especially.

I like the funny chapter titles but the chapters seem a little unevenly sized (not necessarily a problem) and to focus a little too much on explaining what libertarianism is rather than how it relates to the show but that could be because it's a draft.

To second bailrocks123, Trey and Matt's response to a similar book called "South Park Republicans" suggested that there is no message in the show. However, with death of the author you're free to interpret one into it. It was a lot of people's first introduction to libertarianism, especially here in Europe where it isn't such a well-known phenomenon so it does have a libertarian message, weather it was intended or not.

I hope you finish it, it looks promising.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 3 posts