Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 2 16 posts 1, 2  Next
What do you hate about south park ? PostThu Apr 11, 2013 6:21 am Offline
Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:07 am20
I like blood and gore and but sometimes it just goes so over the top with it that it stops being funny like Cartman feeding Scott Tenorman his parents wendy's breast implants its just not cute or funny..
Re: What do you hate about south park ? PostThu Apr 11, 2013 1:15 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Nah, the Tenorman thing was brilliant comedy. The only thing I take issue with is the occasional overabundance of fecal matter. Not my favorite stuff in the world, don't much want to focus on it for twenty minutes.
Oddly I don't mind Mr Hanky. For some reason it doesn't bother me as much when it's talking poo, but episodes like More Crap and (especially) Humancentipad bother me. Fortunately few and far between.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: What do you hate about south park ? PostFri Apr 12, 2013 1:52 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
There isn't much I 'hate'. I generally dislike when they bring politics in the show. I could care less about that stuff. Sometimes the deaths and blood and gore can be a bit much but I don't hate it since the other half of the time I am LOLing at it. I don't like when other countries and governments come by. And as funny as they made Jesus an actual character it is frustrating as an atheist to see him being so normal, like he's a regular human. Like you cannot be an atheist in the world of SP because Jesus is a person.

But these are just a few things that bother me but I don't hate them.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: What do you hate about south park ? PostFri Apr 12, 2013 5:36 pm Offline
NeuroHeart wrote:
Nah, the Tenorman thing was brilliant comedy. The only thing I take issue with is the occasional overabundance of fecal matter. Not my favorite stuff in the world, don't much want to focus on it for twenty minutes.
Well i agree especially the Stan's episode was kinda ruined because of that

Quote:
Humancentipad bother me. Fortunately few and far between.
OH come on it was such a funny version of Humancentipad the Japanese guy was hilarious "SORRY KYRU I Tried to resZist"

The emo band was funny but cartman drinking tenorman's tears was just not funny IMHO
Stanluv25 wrote:
There isn't much I 'hate'. I generally dislike when they bring politics in the show. I could care less about that stuff
Well the creator of south park like it and i don't mind it unless it gets in my face like Obama's elections
Quote:
I don't like when other countries and governments come by
stuff like Mongolians attacking the Chinese guy was hilarious tho
Quote:
And as funny as they made Jesus an actual character it is frustrating as an atheist to see him being so normal, like he's a regular human Like you cannot be an atheist in the world of SP because Jesus is a person.
lol what ? you should happy that they're making fun of jesus as an atheist
Re: What do you hate about south park ? PostFri Apr 12, 2013 5:49 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
The use of third characters for jobs established characters could do. More character driven stuff is needed. Not enough use of established characters.

The show has demonstrated it can do better than it usually does. It spends too much time on one or two plot threads nowdays. I know Trey and Matt thought back in "Terrance and Phillip: Behind the Blow " that they were spreading each episode too thin. It seems like they're spreading each story thread too thin to make it fill a whole episode now.

The same joke being repeated the same way 3 or 4 times each episode gets lame.

When jokes are only funny if you're as ignorant of the topic as the writer?

The lack of songs. Trey's musician skills must be used again D=

Not enough heart anymore. It feels like they don't really want to do this and are going through the motions to make episodes sometimes.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: What do you hate about south park ? PostSun Apr 14, 2013 7:03 am Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am255
Well the fact that Murderen' Murphy is still out free gives me an uncomfortable feeling.
Re: What do you hate about south park ? PostSun Apr 14, 2013 8:58 am Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5689The Mormon Homeland
I hate it whenever Fatass is right about anything. There is a lot of truth to some of the terrible shit he says, but the way he says it just makes me want him to be wrong.

The Scott Tenorman thing, I absolutely loved it. But these days, there's shit that's admittedly less 'shocking' but somehow meaner from Lardo. With Tenorman, there was a purpose to Cartman being an evil genius; Scott fucked him over and he wanted vengeance. These days, he is evil just because he's a dick, most of the time. Like teaming up with Chtulu just because he was justifiably shunned by his friends. "I'll show them for not putting up with my dickittry!"
I don't mind Fatass being a dick, but it's so much better when you feel like it's at least a little justified.

There was a lot I hated from the 10th season. I hate the way sh*t went down with Isaac Hayes and that season premiere is really difficult to watch. It was 20 minutes of "Oh yeah? Well fuck you too!" and like 30 seconds of sincerity at the end.
I also really hated the silly Family Guy rivalry created by Cartoon Wars. It was like your girlfriend and your best friend not getting along for some bullshit reason.
There was the universally panned "Million Little Fibers".
Then there was more climate change denialism from the guys with Manbearpig.
They were, ironically, pretty full of themselves in Smug Alert.
I was okay with making fun of the atheists at the end of the sesason at least, because it was genuinely funny. Although time travel is usually a shaky crutch for story writing.

They made it through with a few diamonds in the rough like "Tsst" and "Warcraft".
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: What do you hate about south park ? PostSun Apr 14, 2013 5:18 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1436in a secret underground bunker
Hate?? That's such a strong word :P

There's a few things I 'dislike' about South Park though....and I'll name a few.

A) The fact that the show doesn't have a perdominant schedule and now we have to wait til September/October to see it :roll:

B) The Fact that they have gone away (Stray) from the parental role of the show. Even Randy has now become slowly just another character. The show is too much on the 4 boys (or now 5). True that is the show, but I'd like to see more Elementary School scenes with Garrisson or even more of Mrs. Brofolowski.

C) The show makes fun of EVERYTHING!!! That in itself is a love and a hate in the same mention. Because I think it has even driven the developers of the show up a creek with a paddle. They have to be careful not to uspet too many of the developers/animators of the show. :o Issac Hayes wasn't even out of the loop in being made fun of....and the end result wasn't pretty....made for a fairly good episode though.

D) The show has become too much of a "Parody". While I love the fact it is making fun of the news of the day, I wish that there was more creativity. There needs to be a review on fun things and less on movie sh*t and as I said...the world of today.

There were a few really horrible episodes (Butt Out, Million Dollar Fibers, Brittany Spears one....) But overall, south park has still produced brillant comedy. I just hope they can keep it up and not run it down like the Simpsons...which I fear is pretty much already happening :| :( There's something about that show where they can keep it simple and up to date. South Park has had problems in the last 2-3 years. We'll see what this upcoming season includes.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: What do you hate about south park ? PostSun Apr 14, 2013 5:32 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
Unassumption wrote:
The lack of songs. Trey's musician skills must be used again D=

Season 16 actually had musical numbers return with a vengeance. At least half of the episodes seemed to have at least one with several (Jackin it in San Diego, James Cameron's theme, etc) being pretty memorable. South Park has always had a pretty good track record with songs.

As far as what I hate, put me in the camp for being quite turned off on the fecal humor and excessive body fluids. It's not too often as mentioned, but sometimes M&T seem to just get fascinated with poop, pee or other things.

However, I love when they jab at recent social/political issues.
Re: What do you hate about south park ? PostMon Apr 15, 2013 3:16 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Johntoreno07 wrote:
NeuroHeart wrote:
Well i agree especially the Stan's episode was kinda ruined because of that

Quote:
Humancentipad bother me. Fortunately few and far between.
OH come on it was such a funny version of Humancentipad the Japanese guy was hilarious "SORRY KYRU I Tried to resZist"

The emo band was funny but cartman drinking tenorman's tears was just not funny IMHO
Stanluv25 wrote:
There isn't much I 'hate'. I generally dislike when they bring politics in the show. I could care less about that stuff
Well the creator of south park like it and i don't mind it unless it gets in my face like Obama's elections
Quote:
I don't like when other countries and governments come by
stuff like Mongolians attacking the Chinese guy was hilarious tho
Quote:
And as funny as they made Jesus an actual character it is frustrating as an atheist to see him being so normal, like he's a regular human Like you cannot be an atheist in the world of SP because Jesus is a person.
lol what ? you should happy that they're making fun of jesus as an atheist

Well we're talking about what we don't like. Obviously M&T like to add in politics to the show. However I don't like it.

I love how they make fun of religion but at the same time, it's like it actually exists. I loved Super Best Friends but with that meant those religious figures actually exist. Like you can't be an atheist in SP because it's easy to 'prove' Jesus is real.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: What do you hate about south park ? PostTue Apr 16, 2013 2:55 am Offline
Stanluv25 wrote:
I love how they make fun of religion but at the same time, it's like it actually exists. I loved Super Best Friends but with that meant those religious figures actually exist. Like you can't be an atheist in SP because it's easy to 'prove' Jesus is real.
No it shows that how ridiculous and stupid Religion would be if it was actually real LOL

and you can't find a cartoon where you can get to see something like this

or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZWYCcIorDk

buddha smoking Pot was rather DOPE
Re: What do you hate about south park ? PostTue Apr 16, 2013 9:06 am Offline
Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:56 pm192In your hearts.
One thing I dislike about South Park now is that there really isn't a whole lot of effort put into the comedy in the series. Don't get me wrong, I love show and I understand that they are limited to a one-week production course. The writing staff writes great stories for episodes that keep me coming back, just not ones that I find myself laughing my ass off at. :(
Send me a PM. (Milo Vonnegut)

Milo Vonnegut, Milo Vonnegut 2, Online Milo, Milo Vonnegut 3, Keyblade, Tugennov Olim
Re: What do you hate about south park ? PostTue Apr 16, 2013 2:41 pm Online
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18790I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Johntoreno07 wrote:
buddha smoking Pot was rather DOPE

I see what you did there.

I don't like it when they take crap over the top. Well, some crap anyway. The zombie wife in More Change, and the entirety of Britney's New Look come to mind. BNL was the only episode ever where i actually turned off the tv and went to do something else.
Re: What do you hate about south park ? PostTue Apr 16, 2013 4:07 pm Offline
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:04 am10
One thing I hate about South Park is the presidential stuff. I find it very boring :|
South Park is not like Family Guy.

It's me Ikyman
Re: What do you hate about south park ? PostTue Apr 16, 2013 7:33 pm Offline
Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:02 pm37
Hm...well I really don't "hate" anything about the show. It's awesome! But a couple of things drive me nuts.

1. When they don't make a big deal about something/contrast it with other episodes (mostly medical, like Kyle's diabetes, Clyde's colonospy, Stan's asthma, Wendy's fake boobs, Gerald turning into a dolphin, Jimmy and Timmy joining the Crips, Stan's future self having brown hair, etc) Like, they make fun of Scott Malkinson for having diabetes and not Kyle? What? Some episodes don't add up to each other.

2. This f*cker :tweek:
I hate him so. I'm so glad he stopped being a big character. Just, UGH. He annoyed the sh*t out of me.

3. Dragging out a series of episodes. Like, we all know that Imaginationland could of been summed up into 1 single episode. I can see the superhero series, but 4 episodes? *in Kyle's voice* Really? You had to wait bassically to the end to realize that Kenny was Mysterion. And Pandemic was dragged out too.

4. Those handfull of episodes that can't hold your attention. Like I've never seen "About Last Night..." all the way through. Like c'mon.

5. DEATH. The toll of death is so high, I think a person dies in almost every episode (not including Kenny, his deaths are usally hilarious, except "Kenny Dies" That sh*t made me cry....)
ANYWHORE, it's good to experiecne some death in TV shows, so we won't be as scared, but this is cra-cra.

That's all.
:timmy: :santa: :parishilton: :assface: :gaykenny: :zombiekenny: :unhoodedkenny: :stanpuke: :chaos: :craig: :cartmanangry: :cartmansopissedrightnow:
Hello, My name is bailrocks123, and I'm addicted to South Park. LOL

Favs:
Charecter(out of the 4 boys): Kyle
Chatecter(in all): Butters
Episodes: Butters' Very Own Episode,Chreekoke Hair Tampons,and Kenny Dies.
Other:

Sort by  
Page 1 of 2 16 posts 1, 2  Next