Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 4 posts
Will we ever get older seasons in blu ray? PostSun Apr 21, 2013 10:30 am Offline
Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:28 am2
I know that a few years ago they were in the process of doing this, but has there been any news on if/when they will be released?
Re: Will we ever get older seasons in blu ray? PostTue Apr 23, 2013 2:08 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
I have not heard that, only that they would be uncensored and available online, but even that hasn't happened. So if there were plans for that, they've been dropped.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Will we ever get older seasons in blu ray? PostTue Apr 23, 2013 3:57 pm Offline
Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:28 am2
From this link - http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/faq/2011/apr

Quote:
Just saw new SP DVDs at Target. Are those special releases?
I just saw the new versions of the seasons 1-13 DVD box sets at Target. Is there anything different about these sets? Uncensored audio? Old episodes widescreen now? I've read that all the old episodes are being re-rendered in 16:9 1080p, which is awesome news. Are uncensored Blu-ray versions of the older DVD sets on the way?
ANSWER
Yes and no. Those fancy new DVD sets have been specially repackaged for Target. Some of them actually do come with a giant 2-sided Episode Guide poster made exclusively for that particular season. Those are pretty bad ass. Also, the sets with the poster also comes with a coupon for the Season 14 DVD...which comes out April 26th!

You are totally correct about our HD team re-rendering everything into amazing 1080p Hi-Def video. You may not even notice it, but Comedy Central's HD channel is already airing a lot of older episodes in HD. As for Blu-Rays, we hope they're not too far behind. Stay tuned here, we'll keep you up to date.
Re: Will we ever get older seasons in blu ray? PostTue Apr 23, 2013 11:10 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
"As for Blu-Rays, we hope they're not too far behind. Stay tuned here, we'll keep you up to date." is not the same as "I know that a few years ago they were in the process of doing this, but has there been any news on if/when they will be released?" All the answer man said was that they hope the Blu-rays aren't far behind, with no mention of them being in the works.

And since you asked the question, it's rather obvious that they haven't kept us up to date.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 4 posts