Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 5 posts
Sylvia Browne Vs John Edwards for biggest douche??? PostThu May 09, 2013 11:33 am Offline
Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:49 am71
now that Sylvia Browne has "Fallen" from grace because she told Amanda Berry's mother a few years back on Montel that she was dead and then the mother became heartbroken and died a year later, I think she should now be #1 for the biggest douche in the universe, so lets have her and John Edwards fight to the death for title of the biggest douche...who will win? who, in your opinion, is really the biggest douche of the two? maybe Matt and Trey will do an episode about this..
Re: Sylvia Browne Vs John Edwards for biggest douche??? PostThu May 09, 2013 12:45 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
I'm all for passing the title on to her even before this latest bit if douchebaggery. Sylvia Browne is a con artist. She exploits the emotions of vulnerable people for a living. Whenever she does a "reading" or "prediction", she is wrong every single time. (Provided she's not just vomiting out generalities so broad, something is bound to be close.)

Take this case with Ms. Berry. She told the mom her kid was dead because statistically speaking, that was the most likely scenario. It's so rare for someone to be missing so long to actually be found alive that it's almost a no brainer. Usually, Sylvia Browne is in the business of getting paid to give emotionally devastated people false hope based on nothing. So here she was, going with the odds in a scummy attempt to provide some sort of closure. Even with overwhelming odds on her side, she still got it wrong! Once again a "psychic" totally fails; same as every time.

I just hope the negative press from this incident is enough to end her career as a charlatan. I look forward to hearing Sylvia Browne's future readings at the fast food drive-thru.
"Hey, psychic lady! I said NO mustard!"
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: Sylvia Browne Vs John Edwards for biggest douche??? PostSat May 11, 2013 3:27 am Offline
Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:32 pm9640Sedro Woolley
You know what sucks? People like her give people like me and one of my best friends a bad name. We both read tarot cards. Mostly for our friends, if they ask. And, neither of us charge them any money. My friend does not do readings to manipulate people, or give them false hope. Infact, if something comes up in a reading that is not what the person wants to here, he will tell them..He won't be a dick about it, but he will tell them what he sees..He does it honestly because he really is a nice guy who wants to help people he considers friends. Which is something rare. I am sure there are other people like him who offer tarot or other readings for free, to help people, and it is a shame they get lumped in the same category as the con artists.

Oh, and by the way, all the stuff that came up in the readings my friend gave me a few months ago about my new EX roommate and his crack head friends came true. And, by the way, he is such a nice guy that he honestly wanted to see things work out between all of us.. When he did the readings, he wasn't just randomly pulling cards, and talking out his ass about how much those people suck..He actually is disappointed certain friendships went to Hell. He was hoping to see something good in the cards..Instead, what came up in the readings was about deception, about a certain assh*le bending the rules when it comes to the agreement we had when we moved in together, and danger when it comes to the assh*le's friends. My friend was not happy to see this, because my assh*le ex roommate still is one of his friends, and it is disappointing to my friend that he is treating people the way he is. Anyway, it all came true..There was a big fight..He doesn't live with me anymore, and I am glad.

Anyway, I don't care what anyone says here..I believe in a lot of supernatural stuff..Including people being mediums, or making psychic predictions. Just because attention whores who go on Montel are fakes does not mean no one has these abilities. And, by the way, I have never sat through John Edward's shows or bought any books by him or Sylvia Brown.
Re: Sylvia Browne Vs John Edwards for biggest douche??? PostSat May 11, 2013 12:36 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
M00ndragon69 wrote:
Just because attention whores who go on Montel are fakes does not mean no one has these abilities.

No, I suppose it doesn't. But the fact that none of them can do it under controlled conditions makes it highly unlikely.

I appreciate distinguishing between people who do that stuff for entertainment and those who do it to scam people. It's the difference between seeing a magician perform and getting hustled by some dudes with a 3 Card Monty table on a street corner. We all know the magician is not conjuring things out of thin air and that it's a trick, but it's still fun because it takes mad skills and it's really cool how easily we can be fooled. The hustlers are deceiving you into thinking you have a chance to win at their rigged game.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: Sylvia Browne Vs John Edwards for biggest douche??? PostSat May 11, 2013 12:51 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Psychics making what turn out to be spectacular fails is the reason we're not supposed to take them seriously. Getting psychic readings is supposed to be for entertainment, not for guidance. But if it helps some people, that's cool. As TMP says, it doesn't work under controlled conditions. If it did, we'd all do what we can to be psychics, mediums, card readers, etc. And then we'd have information overload in those areas, heh.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 5 posts