Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 7 posts
Why can't we watch south park in canada again? PostWed May 29, 2013 9:14 am Offline
Wed May 29, 2013 8:58 am1
Seriously we've been waiting for years.

I can't even list the amount of times I've been told "oh dude you know they just stream every episode for free on southparkstudios.com?"

Then I have to explain that I can't watch them. Then said person is absolutely baffled. Because it makes no sense.

Not to mention when we get redirected to the comedy network that doesn't have ANY episodes whatsoever. Despite claiming we can watch "recent" episodes. Why can a person from, oh I dunno... Malaysia, stream south park but I, a person in north america can't?

http://www.thecomedynetwork.ca/Shows/So ... kage=93490

Like... really? Where's the episodes? When I clicked it said the comedy network has episodes available. But there clearly isn't. Why?

Do I really have to pirate every season? I just want to watch the show.
Re: Why can't we watch south park in canada again? PostSat Jun 01, 2013 12:55 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
We on the forum don't have a clue why. If you have the money, buy the DVDs and watch them all you want.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Why can't we watch south park in canada again? PostSun Jun 02, 2013 7:51 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Or proxy onto the US site.
Re: Why can't we watch south park in canada again? PostSun Jun 02, 2013 8:44 am Offline
Tue May 28, 2013 7:31 am9
BRMBug wrote:
Or proxy onto the US site.

This might be happening because it shows Canadians farting on each other and destroys the reputation of them. Except from that Canadians are almost in every season and they are being showed as "humialiated people" so they might be hiding this show from Canadians just of not to get banned or sued from them. That doesn't happen only here, there are other "products" such as the game Tango Down which is not allowed to be played in lots of countries...
Rapper As RapStyle
Re: Why can't we watch south park in canada again? PostMon Jun 03, 2013 1:31 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Nope, it's just another one of those silly licensing situations. It's all about Viacom and money. The idea that Canadians would want to shelter themselves from being the butt of jokes on an American show is laughable. Nobody has a better sense of humor about themselves than Canadians.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: Why can't we watch south park in canada again? PostMon Jun 03, 2013 5:15 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Get the plug-in for firefox called "Modify Headers," use google's IP 74.125.127.100, job done :) Certainly works in the UK anyway. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... y-headers/

As for http://www.thecomedynetwork.ca/Shows/So ... kage=93490 , the "episodes" shown are two parts of an interview that don't play. All I get is "There was an ERROR loading this CONTENT" WTF VIACOM???

You can complain about this on Comedy's FB page.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Why can't we watch south park in canada again? PostWed Jun 05, 2013 8:09 am Offline
Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:08 am37
www.watchcartoononline.com

this site basically has every south park episode only a couple don't work.

try using http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/southpark/ if the above doesn't work even though it's not as reliable

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 7 posts