Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 2 28 posts 1, 2  Next
The South Park Elementary School Massacre PostMon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm Offline
Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:56 pm192In your hearts.
I

I don't know why, but I would like to see an episode about a school shooting. Don't ask why I would want an episode dealing with it, I just do.

I'm sure some has discussed this topic before. I just wanted to put it out there.

II

I've created no synopsis. But I could come up with one.
Send me a PM. (Milo Vonnegut)

Milo Vonnegut, Milo Vonnegut 2, Online Milo, Milo Vonnegut 3, Keyblade, Tugennov Olim
Re: The South Park Elementary School Massacre PostMon Jun 17, 2013 7:31 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
No, just no, it would be insensitive to everyone in Newtown and beyond and absolutely no one needs to die either.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: The South Park Elementary School Massacre PostMon Jun 17, 2013 10:59 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
It would either be one of the worst episodes ever made, or it would be the episode that ends the series forever.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: The South Park Elementary School Massacre PostTue Jun 18, 2013 12:45 am Offline
Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:02 pm37
Big-Will wrote:
it would be the episode that ends the series forever.
Hello, My name is bailrocks123, and I'm addicted to South Park. LOL

Favs:
Charecter(out of the 4 boys): Kyle
Chatecter(in all): Butters
Episodes: Butters' Very Own Episode,Chreekoke Hair Tampons,and Kenny Dies.
Other:
Re: The South Park Elementary School Massacre PostTue Jun 18, 2013 12:51 am Offline
Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:02 pm37
Big-Will wrote:
it would be the episode that ends the series forever.

Well, Glee adressed that matter, and no one died. But, South Park is in a whole different universe of television. I think it would be too harsh if it was sp style. Good way to kill off characters *cough cough* Tweek *cough cough* but I don't think people would react to it great. It would be an....interesing project for M and T to say the least. Personally, I would want to see how it played out.
Hello, My name is bailrocks123, and I'm addicted to South Park. LOL

Favs:
Charecter(out of the 4 boys): Kyle
Chatecter(in all): Butters
Episodes: Butters' Very Own Episode,Chreekoke Hair Tampons,and Kenny Dies.
Other:
Re: The South Park Elementary School Massacre PostTue Jun 18, 2013 2:38 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
I find it difficult to figure out any sort of humorous angle to a spree killing. This show is set in Colorado; site of the most notorious pre-Newtown spree killing. Matt Stone went to Columbine High School for a time. Too close to home, man.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: The South Park Elementary School Massacre PostSun Sep 29, 2013 11:22 am Offline
Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm129In your hearts.
Big-Will wrote:
It would either be one of the worst episodes ever made, or it would be the episode that ends the series forever.

Question: How would it end the series?
Send me a PM.

Milo Vonnegut | Milo Vonnegut 2 | Online Milo | Milo Vonnegut 3 | Keyblade | Tugennov Olim

GET BACK TO TWERK
Re: The South Park Elementary School Massacre PostSun Sep 29, 2013 11:43 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Milo Vonnegut 3 wrote:
Big-Will wrote:

Question: How would it end the series?

Answer: Trey would probably make it the last episode because only Kenny would come back, and that's that. Anything after that would be a whole new show, with a new school, new kids, new teachers and staff. Really, you'd expect all the dead to come back? They already did that in the movie. :P
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: The South Park Elementary School Massacre PostSun Sep 29, 2013 11:52 am Offline
Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm129In your hearts.
Big-Will wrote:
Really, you'd expect all the dead to come back?:P

Lucas and Spielberg are still around, even after Free Hat.

Bin Laden returned in It's a Jersey Thing after getting his head blown the f*ck off in Osama bin Laden Has Farty Pants

Wasn't Saddam Hussien seen running around Canada in It's Christmas in Canada.

The residents of Imaginationland look okay, even after all the bloodshed.
Send me a PM.

Milo Vonnegut | Milo Vonnegut 2 | Online Milo | Milo Vonnegut 3 | Keyblade | Tugennov Olim

GET BACK TO TWERK
Last edited by Milo Vonnegut 3 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: The South Park Elementary School Massacre PostSun Sep 29, 2013 12:04 pm Offline
Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:14 pm99Antelope California
I’d like to see this type of episode seeing how America has like one school shooting a month. It doesn’t have to have anyone die in it for me but it would be fun to touch up on the subject. I don’t think there is anything that can be done to stop school shootings, so it would be what is the point of making an episode like this one and what good would it bring about. Also even teachers tell their students to look out for school shootings and what protocols to take if there is one. I think Matt and Trey like to convey a message in each episode and it would be to come up with one to go along with the school shooting. They could have a bunch of kids that have not been seen and named yet die or none die. I could see it showing the news of the school shooting and South Park being named a hallmark school shooting town now. Maybe they could spend the episode trying to clear their name as everyone now talks about South Park as the capital of school shootings. Maybe Stan would spend time in the episode trying to show South Park is a city that stands for something else and good values as the Nation looks on in debates and talks of school shootings is all South Park represents. Maybe they could come up with the classic troubled teen or just a kid that brought a handgun to school and shot someone? It would need a lot of other plots other then the school shooting.
Re: The South Park Elementary School Massacre PostSun Sep 29, 2013 3:27 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
Wow, uh no. Really.

I mean, it's not as though M&T are ones to bow down to political correctness or to skirt ridiculous crap going on in the world, but they poke fun at the absurd overreactions of people. It's satire.

They didn't do an entire episode revolving around the N word to be controversial in itself or because they think the word has no weight, but because there is a level of hypocrisy concerning how people react.

Same with 201 and 202. The point of the show was not to be inflammatory, but to make fun at how overblown reactions get. It wasn't an episode about Mohammed at all, but censorship.

Keep in mind they have said repeatedly that they don't make shows just to piss people off.

Now on the topic at hand:

Kids being killed in a classroom isn't really something even the blackest of comedy really ventures into. Even if you don't care about offending people, it just isn't a funny topic and there really isn't a good way to make something like that funny.

Now: could I see them poking fun at the pro and anti-gun establishments? Sure. You get some ridiculous crap spewed by both sides that would be classic South Park and relevant considering Colorado being one of the states at the center of this debate. Toss in some of the zero tolerance rules concerning blatantly fake plastic water guns or just pointing your finger to mimic a gun and you have the exact issues without going off the deep end of offensiveness by resorting to dead children.
Re: The South Park Elementary School Massacre PostSun Sep 29, 2013 10:36 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
The show's made light of far worse in the past, from cancer and AIDS to African poverty and war, so the idea the topic is too sensitive seems a little hypocritical. They've even hinted at it in the past, with Kyle's "burn down the school" stuff in The List.

I'm sure i read a fanfic on the topic a few years ago (on this site or maybe FOSFF) where Timmy was the killer. It was rather funny so the topic can be done. I've seen a few comedy movies based on spree killing ( Uwe Boll's Rampage and Heart of America, The Toxic Avenger 4, Duck the Carbine massacre, etc) again showing it can be done.

They couldn't have the kids actually be killed in the show because that'd end the series. The reaction to the killing would be the only thing they could skewer. The Onion, Stewert and Colber have all satarized the reaction so that's definitely something South Park could tackle in a satirical manner.

I don't like these episode idea threads because the decision of what to make episodes about is totally in Parker and Stone's court. It's not as though they read this place. I've got no objections to the idea but i'm not a writer, they are. Their job is to come up with ideas i couldn't have which they do pretty well so I watch their show. If I thought I could come up with ideas as good as theirs I would be writing a show not watching it.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: The South Park Elementary School Massacre PostSun Sep 29, 2013 11:16 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Do I think it's a good idea? Hell no. Do I think it can be done? Sure.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: The South Park Elementary School Massacre PostMon Sep 30, 2013 10:32 am Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
Any topic can result in a good episode but only if it inspires the writers. The purpose of these kinds of threads seem to be more for fans to talk about what they hope Parker and Stone get inspired by than anything. I'd like them to write whatever they can write well. If it's this topic, fine. If something else, also fine.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: The South Park Elementary School Massacre PostMon Oct 21, 2013 2:50 pm Offline
Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:14 pm99Antelope California
There was another school shooting.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/21/justice/n ... ?hpt=hp_t1

It happened at a Middle school. The more I think of it though. Enough things happen at SP Elementary that I think they would classify as a school shooting or worse.

Here is a Wiki of school shootings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sc ... ted_States

Rate now it looks like one a month. I’m not sure SP needs to try to make an episode like this because so many crazy things already happen at this school. But it would be fun if they make one though.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 2 28 posts 1, 2  Next