Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 1 of 1 4 posts
The F-word PostWed Jul 31, 2013 9:21 am Offline
Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:15 am3
This has been bothering me for sometime.

When Randy uses the N-word on Wheel of Fortune, Token says that Stan just doesn't get it. He says that Stan will never know how that word feels.

I feel the same way when they use the word fag. They have attempted to say the current use of the word doesn't matter because its had this long other history that supposedly nobody knew about.

The thing is, my ENTIRE life that word has been used as an insult to me. Before I even knew I was gay people beat me up and called me a fag. I have never had someone refer to me as a biker, or an old lady, or a cigarette. I knew exactly what they were saying about me and why.

So when you call Guitar hero players fags, and when go around dropping that word all the time, it looks no different than the way Randy does it.

You're doing it to make money, and to be funny about the fact that you can get away with it.

YOu are not doing it in the same way you use the word n*gger, because in your mind they aren't the same thing.

YOu think I should be ok with being called a fag, but token shouldn't be ok with being called a n*gger.

Its hypocritical.
Re: The F-word PostWed Jul 31, 2013 11:12 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
They don't care if you're okay with being called fag or not. They don't care if a black person is okay with being called n*gger or not. They'll make the show how they want. But the show does have lawyers who do care, so take it up with them.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: The F-word PostWed Jul 31, 2013 12:07 pm Offline
Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:15 am3
Big-Will wrote:
They don't care if you're okay with being called fag or not. They don't care if a black person is okay with being called n*gger or not. They'll make the show how they want. But the show does have lawyers who do care, so take it up with them.

How does that add anything to the conversation?

Is the show above criticism?

Are their ideas some sacred cow that can only be questioned by lawyers?

How is directing someone to a lawyer having a discussion in any way.

RELEVANT:

Which of these words gets censored?

n*gger
FAG

It censors me when i write n*gger, but not fag.

How is that even fair for a show that complains constantly about censorship?

Then again, what was I really expecting here.
Re: The F-word PostWed Jul 31, 2013 12:40 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
As you can see, the word filter is also the lawyers' idea.

If my reply added nothing to the conversation, then there is nothing more to add. Hell, I considered not replying in the first place, and even rejecting this thread figuring there would be no relevant reply. And you know the creators don't reply to anything here, so you're just basically venting in a vacuum. And for that, I close this thread.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 1 of 1 4 posts