Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 7 posts
South Park stupidity comes to life in Wisconsin PostSat Aug 03, 2013 9:51 am Offline
Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:00 pm10
Just came across this article, and my first thought was that the cruelty and ludicrousness of this incident was straight out of South Park and completely within the league of the show's adults' stupidity. 'Murica is now totally f*cked up. I hope Matt and Trey make reference to this event at some point in the new season.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/to ... ggles.html
Re: South Park stupidity comes to life in Wisconsin PostSat Aug 03, 2013 10:58 am Offline
Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:56 pm192In your hearts.
I feel bad for Giggles. :( I guess it comes from my love of animals.
Send me a PM. (Milo Vonnegut)

Milo Vonnegut, Milo Vonnegut 2, Online Milo, Milo Vonnegut 3, Keyblade, Tugennov Olim
Re: South Park stupidity comes to life in Wisconsin PostSat Aug 03, 2013 6:54 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
That whole situation is abso-motherfucking-lutley insane. I can't even... :x
Re: South Park stupidity comes to life in Wisconsin PostSun Aug 04, 2013 12:53 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Where are Stan and his friends in this article?

:)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: South Park stupidity comes to life in Wisconsin PostSun Aug 04, 2013 11:03 am Offline
Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:59 pm2914On The East Siyeeed!
Believe me when I say, I love animals and this is truly a terrible thing to have happened...but the first thing that came to mind when I read this was,

"It's comin' right for us!" *bang*
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Re: South Park stupidity comes to life in Wisconsin PostMon Aug 12, 2013 4:18 am Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
I heard about it. This happened in the city I live in.

The Wisconsin DNR is really looking bad here. I never heard of anything like this happening before.

Deer are very common animals in this state. We have our deer hunting season in the fall. If you hit a deer, with your car, it's yours.

I don't know what their problem is. I'm not happy with my state's government as it is. I didn't vote for them, but it still pisses me off.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: South Park stupidity comes to life in Wisconsin PostTue Aug 13, 2013 1:22 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
You want to know what the real tragedy is here? This:
article wrote:
Schultz told Fox News an Illinois family found a baby fawn that had been abandoned by her mother. The family brought the deer to the Wisconsin shelter.

I bet one million dollars that Giggles wasn't abandoned at all. White-tailed deer will leave their young fawns alone as a matter of routine. When they are young like that, they barely have any scent and can lie hidden in the grass and brush from predators while their mothers eat. They only return to feed the fawn. This prevents their own scent from hanging around the fawn.

Most people aren't aware this is how deer raise offspring, so when they stumble upon a fawn sitting all alone like this with no adult in sight, they assume its been abandoned or the doe is dead because what mother would just leave her baby sitting there in a field? Out of the best of intentions, people unknowingly take the fawns in to shelters or their own care and away from their mothers.

Unless one knows for sure that the doe has died or the fawn is emaciated or obviously sick or injured, it is always best to leave them alone. Deer are wild animals and have developed their rearing techniques over countless millenia. So poor little Giggles shouldn't have even been in this position. The state may have given the injection, but 'twas ignorance that killed Giggles.

One more word about Wisconsin and deer. State law forbids the rehabilitation of white-tailed deer due to the presence of something called "Chronic Wasting Disease" that is present in the population. It's basically "Mad Cow Disease" for deer. It's spread between individuals where populations are very high. Deer held in captivity are particularly vulnerable. So the law is in place to slow the spread of CWD in the wild.
You read it! You can't unread it!

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 7 posts