Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 13 posts
South Park Live action!! anyone?? PostMon Dec 08, 2008 9:58 pm Offline
Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:47 pm4
I have emailed to the Q an A asking if South Park Studios has thought of doing a live action movie or episode of south park. They did not answer my question, which is why i am "putting it out there" in the forum. Im just wondering if anyone else thinks that a live action version of south park sounds interesting.

If it was made into a live action I would hope it could be a movie. The kids could find a portal to the real world making the town of South Park (which is really a county) a real town in our modern day. since south park is so much of the opposite of the real world then the citizens of south park would find living by real world standards very hard. Like when kenny always dies, no one seems to care, but in a real world version of kenny dying the police of Colorado seriously do something about it and Kennys death makes it on the news. Anyways im just curious about what other people think.
Re: South Park Live action!! anyone?? PostMon Dec 08, 2008 10:29 pm Offline
Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:32 am336Hell
There already is plenty of action mate.
Try these episodes "Wing", "Two Days before The Day after Tomorrow" , "The Snuke", "Something Wal-mart comes this way", "Best friends forever", "Volcano", "Do the handicapped go to hell?" , "Trapped in the closet" Even The south park MOVIE B.L.U was full of action.

I dont know what kind of action your talking about. Im guessing Fire, Bullets, Screaming, yelling, blood etc. Pretty much every episode i mentioned had most or some of that. And the list goes on! What else can you want?
EDIT: Oh and with the Q & A thing, ask a really not needed question, get no answer. They only pick out the good ones or your question has probably been answered already, check the FAQ archive.
Solitude and Sin, Calm my nerves with Gin. Sleep, wake up and do it all again.
Re: South Park Live action!! anyone?? PostMon Dec 08, 2008 11:11 pm Offline
Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:05 pm6155in
^either that or they pick the funniest ones to respond to.

Uh...you don't remember the guinea rats? I belive that took some live hamsters. :/
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Re: South Park Live action!! anyone?? PostMon Dec 08, 2008 11:38 pm Offline
Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:32 am336Hell
haha, that too.
Solitude and Sin, Calm my nerves with Gin. Sleep, wake up and do it all again.
Re: South Park Live action!! anyone?? PostTue Dec 09, 2008 9:47 pm Offline
When I said live action. I meant having human actors play the parts of the characters in the show.
Re: South Park Live action!! anyone?? PostTue Dec 09, 2008 11:25 pm
Linkknight1234 wrote:
When I said live action. I meant having human actors play the parts of the characters in the show.

You mean like in the Simpson's, when Homer left the 2-D world and became 3-D with real, live actors? Only have real, live actors play the SP roles?
Re: South Park Live action!! anyone?? PostTue Dec 09, 2008 11:55 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
What he means is actual actors onscreen playing the roles, and I sure as hell can't see that happening. Sure, the adults will work out fine, but the kids, not so much. I know Matt and Trey can't see actors carrying around huge heads to make it look more like the show.

A 3D version of the show might be interesting. A few people made videos like that 10 years ago, and I haven't seen anything similar since.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Oh it could happen! PostWed Dec 10, 2008 11:36 am Offline
Im saying that all of South Park would be played by actors. The four main characters could open dimension portal and make all of South Park live in the Real world. They would find out that the same rules they were living by can not work in the real world. That people cant just be shot down and people cant just live in harmony in spite of all the chaos going on. Of course by the end of the movie, the four main characters cant accept the new world they are living in, and say, "f*ck that" and they try to find a way to make south park animated again and they try to restore the chaos. And by the end of the movie they do find a way to make things the way things were and then its happy ending. Im sure a lot of people would find this entertaining.
Re: South Park Live action!! anyone?? PostWed Dec 10, 2008 12:51 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Something like Who Framed Roger Rabbit, then?
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: South Park Live action!! anyone?? PostWed Dec 10, 2008 6:30 pm Offline
  • YIM
Fri May 25, 2007 6:38 pm1419Texas by way of Ohio
Admittedly, I would love to see this (I want to play Henrietta!) but considering most of the characters are created by one work-a-holic...I dunno.
Re: South Park Live action!! anyone?? PostWed Dec 10, 2008 8:40 pm Offline
I am talking 100% actors. Of course the beginning and end have to have animations. In the beginning its animated until the boys unlock the dimension portal and then at the end when the boys restore South Park just the way things were. If the canadians in really life have flappy heads that would be funny. Id be for that. but when the kids try to make Mr. Hankey they find that all he ever was was an inanimate peice of sh*t. Jesus in southpark would have to have one of those halos that you can wear like a hat. Wouldnt it be hilarious to find out what Mr. garrison would look like in human form? Too bad chef isnt chef in the show anymore, I would love to see his part acted out.
Re: South Park Live action!! anyone?? PostWed Dec 10, 2008 8:55 pm Offline
  • YIM
Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:50 pm3709America's Next Door Neighbour, Canada
Nah, I personally don't think it's a good idea. Not an official movie anyway. The poorly animated 2D construction-paper art is what helps give the show it's distinct charm. :P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Re: South Park Live action!! anyone?? PostThu Oct 31, 2013 8:00 am Offline
Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm129In your hearts.
It would be virtually impossible to cast Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny. They would probably get into trouble for casting children and putting them the same raw situations the animated characters get put in. Might stir up some controversy and complaints, like Blue Lagoon for a scene with naked children.

Unless they casted teenagers to play the parts, like they did in I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining. (though they weren't teens, they were in there 20s), turn all the kids into teenagers, and change South Park Elementary to South Park High School (to avoid continuity errors). I know it's breaking from the formula, but to me, it's the only way it can be done.

But that's me. If anyone has a better idea, tell me about it.
Send me a PM.

Milo Vonnegut | Milo Vonnegut 2 | Online Milo | Milo Vonnegut 3 | Keyblade | Tugennov Olim

GET BACK TO TWERK

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 13 posts