Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 2 23 posts 1, 2  Next
South Park Studios got new skin! PostThu Sep 19, 2013 4:08 pm Offline
Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm129In your hearts.
... and I like it! (for now, it's just a beta)
Send me a PM.

Milo Vonnegut | Milo Vonnegut 2 | Online Milo | Milo Vonnegut 3 | Keyblade | Tugennov Olim

GET BACK TO TWERK
Re: South Park Studios got new skin! PostThu Sep 19, 2013 4:25 pm Offline
Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:01 am59
Yeah, this is clearly in beta. Lameness. Do Not Want. How long has this been up?
"Form of...NEIL DIAMOND!!"
Re: South Park Studios got new skin! PostThu Sep 19, 2013 4:27 pm Offline
Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:16 pm5
i freaking hate it, its so hard to navigate and fine regular seasons and they arent in order i hope to god they change it back im seriously pissed
Re: South Park Studios got new skin! PostThu Sep 19, 2013 4:32 pm Offline
like this beta is seriously pissing me off its terrible and i cant find anything easily anymore :evil:
Re: South Park Studios got new skin! PostThu Sep 19, 2013 4:38 pm Offline
Thu May 17, 2012 11:54 am1
I think it's horrible. It's a full on modern, smooth, IN YOUR FACE unusable piece of crap.

No list of episodes by season, huge icons for what I suppose are a few "popular" episodes that do nothing but take up space. Whoever decided that this looks so cool that it makes up for being unusable should be fired.

Whoever you paid to write this terrible site ripped you off Viacom.
Re: South Park Studios got new skin! PostThu Sep 19, 2013 4:45 pm Offline
exactly its freaking garbage we should riot
Re: South Park Studios got new skin! PostThu Sep 19, 2013 5:47 pm Offline
Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:14 pm94
I like the white, it is probably better for you to be looking at white instead of black. The black background is what stood out the most about this site, it was kind of dark and depressing. What happened to the South Park Battle Royale? I kind of miss it and it was never finished. The videos you can watch are missing some of them in each of the seasons, I liked the way that was before. Now I can’t find all the videos. The site makes me think of hulu.com. The season premiere countdown is cool. The site errors sometimes and you have to try to load the screen again or it takes you to a window that is not showing up as it should. The site needs some work but I don’t care it is still fun. :cartmanevillaugh:
Re: South Park Studios got new skin! PostThu Sep 19, 2013 5:52 pm Offline
Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:42 pm3
Where is the Random Episode? I don't want to pick and choose which one I wanna watch, I want to watch Random Episodes. This beta sucks. At least allow us to switch back to regular format...
Re: South Park Studios got new skin! PostThu Sep 19, 2013 6:20 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18774I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
HOLY MOTHER FUCKING SHIT!!!!
This is half awesome!
Okay, so the unawesome half is in html mode for the time being, but I want to wait until things are finished until I pass judgement.
Re: South Park Studios got new skin! PostThu Sep 19, 2013 7:48 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Well this messes up the nice Firefox stylish add-on created by barackobama that nukes all the ads and makes the forum eminently more readable. I had gotten so used to it that turning it off is really messing with my mind.

Can't access my profile yet with the new skin. Just says, "page not found". Might make PM's difficult for the time being.

I don't like being at the mercy of Viacom's advertising again.

Help us Mr. President! If you're out there, it would be super awesome to get an update for your skin. 8)

<edit>
Actually it didn't mess up the SPS stylish skin too bad. It just forces it into the narrower space the rest of you see while leaving a border of black that seems vulnerable to obnoxious ads. We'll see how it works once the full site is operational.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: South Park Studios got new skin! PostThu Sep 19, 2013 8:07 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18774I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
triplemultiplex wrote:
Can't access my profile yet with the new skin. Just says, "page not found". Might make PM's difficult for the time being.

Yeah... I shot a super short (and stupid sounding) message your way last night. When we get the PM system back, I'll elaborate.
Re: South Park Studios got new skin! PostThu Sep 19, 2013 9:39 pm Offline
Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:43 pm89
Being somewhat of a web developer (just starting out in the field but I've done 4 small time websites from start to finish and built a company's intranet), I can definitely appreciate the work that went into something like this, particularly from a design perspective.

Responsive design is really "in" right now with the number of folks who have smartphones and tablets, and it's not easy to design a website of this magnitude to work responsively from a theming perspective. Not even to mention the fact that terms like "smartphone" and "tablet" have become so generic due to the number of OSes that exist, and also the number of devices on the market. There's also the fact that they're incorporating their design with features that already existed, the forum being one major example. In reality that specific example probably just involved providing a hyperlink to the forum within the new HTML document, but it's still a factor as you never know how nicely old features will integrate with new CSS and any other design elements until you've ironed the issues out.

Additionally, another thing that could be said is that you never know how much of the beta is actually new. Obviously the forum has existed prior to the beta, but the shop has too, and though the episode player has been re-designed from the perspective of looks and also features the new uncensored videos, that of course doesn't mean it's not the same old infrastructure underneath the design overhaul.

My critique, if I had just one (as I personally see great potential in the beta), is that it launched far too soon. I know that the new season is quickly approaching so it seems a fashionable time to launch the new site, and I personally don't mind it for now, but there are simply too many broken links and things that seem buggy for it to have launched just yet, I think. Now, to give SPS the benefit of the doubt, this is as I've said a very intricate and complex site with a lot of depth to it. I personally think users should keep in mind that SPS offers every single episode in the show's history for free on this very site, which is something most series with over 200 episodes wouldn't dare do. The thing that bothers me is that, despite the great number of links on SPS (which is why in some aspects I feel complaining about "broken links" is being too harsh), adding links in HTML code is essentially the simplest thing to do. Granted, things like the Wiki would take more thought and development but I'm speaking in terms of areas like the section above the footer, labeled "General". Those links would seem to me to just be to basic, static pages, with the exception of "Sweepstakes" as the pages for past contests have usually featured some kind of intricate design. Maybe they're just low priority items on a site this large, and this is my OCD speaking, but having only worked on smaller projects, I would never launch a site for a client with broken links or filler links included in any of the menus. I'd take those particular menu items out, launch the site, and add them in when they actually pointed somewhere.

Additionally, not sure if this is specific to me, but when I logged into the forum, until I came into a thread, the main stylesheet seemed to not register within my browser. Maybe that was on my end, maybe it was a one time thing, or maybe it is indeed a bug, but I saw the forum with a white background and with none of the styling except layout-related stuff. More than just the background color was stripped from it though.

I'd imagine small things like that probably don't matter to most people as much as when the Wiki will be functioning, the general idea of getting used to a new theme, and things along those lines, but to me, consistency and details matter almost more than the bigger picture.

That said, with a beta, consistency and attention to detail usually come as the site has more time on the internet, and if there's another couple of things I'm incredible grateful to SPS for (much as I personally don't care about either) it's the feedback form/the fact that it might just be temporary based on user feedback, and the blog post explaining the new design in detail. To me, though those things may seem like requirements of a company this size, they show that SPS, Viacom, or whoever, is actually looking for feedback. Even if it's not actually because they truly care about the fans, to give an example of a company with the exact opposite attitude toward their consumers, Facebook users get the "this is my new code and you're stuck with it" response from Mark Zuckerberg.

So we'll see where it goes I guess but I like it.
Re: South Park Studios got new skin! PostFri Sep 20, 2013 8:32 am Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am254
It's very orange.
Re: South Park Studios got new skin! PostFri Sep 20, 2013 10:24 am Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
Website is all messed up. I don't like it currently, but if they are able to figure it out, it should be fine.

Glad to see HD/Uncensored episodes going as far back as Season 4, something that wasn't hear prior.

Problem, finding a specific episode isn't easy.

Where's the Bios, Downloads, etc? Seems to be missing in action. Hope they figure this stuff out.

I'll let them work it out. I'm more worried about Season 17 starting.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: South Park Studios got new skin! PostFri Sep 20, 2013 11:45 am Offline
Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:29 am2
This new website is beyond borked.

Seems you have to create an account to use the new random feature. That's great and all, but when I tried to make an account, the page or something screwed up and I both did and did not have an account. If I tried to login, it would error out, but if I tried to make an account with the email address I wanted to use, then it told me I already had an account - but trying to recover username/password with said email address gave me an error saying that there was no such email in the database.

The seasons are all messed up. You cannot view all the episodes of a season in a list or some sort. Instead it randomizes a few episodes of that season but not all. I wanted to watch Ass Burgers, but it didn't show up in season 15 so I had to search for it.

I've helped build professional sites (not my career choice but I've been paid to learn it), and I understand wanting it to be ready in time for the release of season 17, but you should NEVER push out a half-assed page. If you need to, build it somewhere else on the server and then fix it there, and ONLY open it up to the public when you've gone through it enough times that you cannot find anymore bugs - and there are some glaring bugs still present.

Honestly, the beta should have been opt-in asking users to find bugs problems with the site. Also, if you ever push beta onto a customer base, you NEED a quick and easy way for them to report bugs, otherwise you're just pissing on your user base.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 2 23 posts 1, 2  Next