Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 6 posts
Why do canadians have split heads and rectangle body parts? PostThu Sep 26, 2013 5:21 pm Offline
Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:50 pm1
I have yet to see an official answer on this. My wife is N. Vancouver Canadian and she doesn't know.... so will someone PLEASE answer this?!?!?

Thanks much,
Christian
Re: Why do canadians have split heads and rectangle body par PostThu Sep 26, 2013 8:50 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
In the early days, South Park was criticized for its crappy animation, fart jokes and toilet humor. To get back at the critics, Matt and Trey decided to make a show within the show, with crappier animation [which meant blocks, circles, and triangles - you know, your basic shapes], worse fart jokes and worse toilet humor. And thus was born Terrance and Phillip. They didn't become Canadian until "Not Without My Anus" aired, though.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Why do canadians have split heads and rectangle body par PostFri Sep 27, 2013 1:34 pm Offline
  • YIM
Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:50 pm3709America's Next Door Neighbour, Canada
As a resident of the Great White North (even though it's not really that right now), I honestly love the way the show makes fun of us. Apparently not only are we beady-eyed dudes with flappy heads, but Canada itself is, like, Oz, or something. Makes me lol! :D
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Re: Why do canadians have split heads and rectangle body par PostSat Sep 28, 2013 6:15 pm Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:
As a resident of the Great White North (even though it's not really that right now), I honestly love the way the show makes fun of us. Apparently not only are we beady-eyed dudes with flappy heads, but Canada itself is, like, Oz, or something. Makes me lol! :D

How is Canada like Oz?
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Re: Why do canadians have split heads and rectangle body par PostSat Sep 28, 2013 7:47 pm Offline
Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:28 am11
(ugly)Bob wrote:
Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:

How is Canada like Oz?

In Season 7, Episode 15 called It's Christmas in Canada, the boys go to Canada to get Ike back. When they get to Canada the people are hiding in bushes (like in The Wizard of Oz) and singing "Follow the only road!" which is a parody of "Follow the Yellow Brick Road!" from The Wizard of Oz.

There are several other things... too many to really mention. It's best that you watch the episode. It's worth it - if only to see Cartman get hit lmao This is definitely one of my favorite episodes!
Re: Why do canadians have split heads and rectangle body par PostSat Sep 28, 2013 10:16 pm Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
mosaicmoon wrote:
(ugly)Bob wrote:
Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:

How is Canada like Oz?

In Season 7, Episode 15 called It's Christmas in Canada, the boys go to Canada to get Ike back. When they get to Canada the people are hiding in bushes (like in The Wizard of Oz) and singing "Follow the only road!" which is a parody of "Follow the Yellow Brick Road!" from The Wizard of Oz.

There are several other things... too many to really mention. It's best that you watch the episode. It's worth it - if only to see Cartman get hit lmao This is definitely one of my favorite episodes!

I misinterpreted you. :P
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 6 posts