Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 5 posts
S17 Let Go, Let Gov - relevance to the issues...? PostWed Oct 02, 2013 8:49 am Offline
Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:25 pm2
The more I watch Democracy Now, the less relevance I find in South Park to the issues at hand....me thinkest Matt and Trey have lived too long in Cloud City and the ether is turning them into Republicans (the brain-washed kind, not the ones who simply use it as a wise business investment). They either do not see anything wrong with the Empire, or, like Lando Calrissian, simply avoid confronting it.

Portraying the NSA spying on Americans as benign completely avoids the issues of the repremands from the FISA court (yes, those findings were/are secret but that didn't stop them with Scientology), the secret interpretations of the law (not so secret anymore), the downing of a South American presidents' plane to search for Snowden, the secret sharing of intelligence with the DEA, or the loss of Democracy in an age where there can be no political actions or intimate moments that are not known...or the fact that it isn't Santa who dispatches the FBI, it IS a computer algorythm, and the People dispatched act like predator drones during a signature strike.

I'd like to see something about gun control and the teenager taken out by a sniper, linked to every police department being given a drone...that would have some teeth.
Re: S17 Let Go, Let Gov - relevance to the issues...? PostFri Oct 04, 2013 1:07 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
OasisMike wrote:
it isn't Santa who dispatches the FBI, it IS a computer algorythm

That's right. Santa was just a database for the NSA to mine data from. And are you afraid the NSA will go after you the way it did Snowden? Matt and Trey have more to fear from Muslim radicals than they do from the NSA.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: S17 Let Go, Let Gov - relevance to the issues...? PostMon Oct 07, 2013 9:04 pm Offline
Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:37 pm22
OasisMike wrote:
T
I'd like to see something about gun control and the teenager taken out by a sniper, linked to every police department being given a drone...that would have some teeth.

You should be getting your wish this week.
Re: S17 Let Go, Let Gov - relevance to the issues...? PostMon Oct 07, 2013 11:57 pm Offline
Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:48 am20
matt stone and trey parker make a lot of money and to keep up with their careers they need to maintain a specific lifestyle. when youre in the eye, the media comes down on you, and they're just sick. the media is tied to the government, just like corporations are. its all one big mess when the economy's involved but the jist of this post is in relevance to your op is: that episode may or may not contain sensitive information and/or information from government channels.
Re: S17 Let Go, Let Gov - relevance to the issues...? PostWed Oct 09, 2013 12:48 pm Offline
Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:25 pm2
Big-Will wrote:
OasisMike wrote:
it isn't Santa who dispatches the FBI, it IS a computer algorythm

That's right. Santa was just a database for the NSA to mine data from. And are you afraid the NSA will go after you the way it did Snowden? Matt and Trey have more to fear from Muslim radicals than they do from the NSA.

I am more concerned about my daughter's drug usage, and how I may be tied to it later on, as I have tried to take an active role in her recovery...and we all know, drugs may be bad, but the drug laws which protect big pharma, a host of others making money off the sickest and weakest among us, and a certain world paradigm which insures we keep alive in our hearts a possibility of a Republican vote, are always bad for the drug user, their family and the communities they live in. Legalized slavery, vis a vis hanging the label Felon around someone's neck is never helpful for a community's buying power, keeping together atomic families, and only serves to protect the status quo (allowing the 1% to do whatever the #uck they want & enuring us to the police-state), BUT NEVER APPROACHING THE ISSUE OF HELPING THE ADDICT UNDERSTAND THEIR UNDERLYING ISSUES, WHICH ARE ALWAYS PSYCHOLOGICAL PAIN-LOAD OR DYSTROPHY OF THIER REWARD SYSTEM, and the need to develop more natural dopamine pathways and cope with updating their ways of thinking about things through CBT/REBT. Its' not hard to help People (I always capitalize that word now), but since the New Deal was cut out of Fear and Greed, The Rich have sought to tear it down and avoid paying for poor People (which is why they're trying to label People as Felons). Drug laws never serve as a deterrent, and no child gets hooked on drugs just to get high.
So, since learning that for a adolescent whose tried to commit suicide twice around trying to get clean that in any of seven countries in Europe (and soon Canada) she'd be prescribed this drug, and why it'll never happen here in America...and that countless children have died needlessly, because we "have" to be taught a dysfunctional model of personal responsibility and a false age of legal responsibility, and "have" to be taught to avoid the truth about ADHD, or Reward System Dystrophy as it should be call, because we "have" to be taught that People who self-medicate through behaviors which are anti-social are evil instead of emotionally retarded...yes, I am afraid...because you can be convicted of any number of charges once the evil eye of Mordor falls upon you, or anyone. Just look at that kid who was put in jail for three years, charged on twenty-two counts, just for failing to pull over.
The NSA shares direct phone information with the DEA, and the DEA also keeps an ever-growing database of all phone records they subpoena, and then asks their investigators to re-create the first steps of any investigation to hide these sources. Everyone who has ever smoked a joint should be very afraid, because they have your address, you're easy to find. And, if you live anywhere on the ADHD scale, you're especially vulnerable (like me, where I used to watch five hours a day of TV content...never once getting the message about my underlying condition, or how I was being used as the corporate swing vote).
Ah, but I digress, where just a simple, "Yes," might suffice.
Pardon et mois!

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 5 posts