Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 5 posts
Should have won an Emmy PostSat Oct 05, 2013 11:41 am Offline
Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:34 am29
So which episode do you think was most deserving of an Emmy but didn't win won? Not necessarily your favorite episode or the one you thought was most funny, but that deserved some major recognition?

For me it's "You're Getting Old". It was deep and emotional and really captured what it's like to get older. And who doesn't love the duck?

Also what's up with the award-winning episodes? Jewpecabra and Big Gay Al won something?
Re: Should have won an Emmy PostSat Oct 05, 2013 12:22 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Jewpacabra won an Annie for writing, and Big Gay Al won a GLAAD Media award for outstanding TV. (Big Gay Al was also nominated for an Emmy.)

I think 200/201 should have won because it was trying to draw attention to an important topic, and ended up drawing a lot of attention. I would have given it the Emmy just on principal, though I also think it's a good two-parter with a lot of excellent storytelling on top of the whole censorship battle. It was nominated, but not a winner, which I think is bullcrap.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: Should have won an Emmy PostSat Oct 05, 2013 5:24 pm Offline
Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:48 am20
South park is a cutting edge cartoon show, with a very high budget and quick witted writing staff so that's a hard one, but me personally I think any show that exemplifies school life in the context of VIACOM/Comedy Central deserves somewhat of a nomination, mainly because im a 90's guy lol.
Re: Should have won an Emmy PostThu Oct 17, 2013 12:44 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
About half of episodes in seasons 5-7 are worthy.

That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: Should have won an Emmy PostThu Oct 17, 2013 1:25 pm Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2272Croatia (SE Europe)
Coon and Friends Trilogy.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 5 posts