Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 8 posts
Are there generators in the studio? PostWed Oct 16, 2013 2:53 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
So as almost all of you know, ep. 1704 isn't airing tonight, but my question is: do they not have generators?? I'm not trying to be a conspiracy theorist here, but it would make sense to have a generator. My house has one, my school has one, and no, I'm not from some filthy-rich bubble.

Would like to hear some discussion, even if it's not specifically directed towards generators, but the incident in general.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Re: Are there generators in the studio? PostWed Oct 16, 2013 3:03 pm Offline
Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm129In your hearts.
Most big buildings do. Schools, business companies, banks, even small markets, churches, malls.
Send me a PM.

Milo Vonnegut | Milo Vonnegut 2 | Online Milo | Milo Vonnegut 3 | Keyblade | Tugennov Olim

GET BACK TO TWERK
Last edited by Milo Vonnegut 3 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Are there generators in the studio? PostWed Oct 16, 2013 3:04 pm Offline
Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm129In your hearts.
Hmmm. You know what? It could a situation like in that book And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. Who knows? :P
Send me a PM.

Milo Vonnegut | Milo Vonnegut 2 | Online Milo | Milo Vonnegut 3 | Keyblade | Tugennov Olim

GET BACK TO TWERK
Re: Are there generators in the studio? PostWed Oct 16, 2013 4:43 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
Lemmiwinks wasn't running on his treadmill at the time.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: Are there generators in the studio? PostWed Oct 16, 2013 7:10 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
That assumes the problem could've been solved by an alternative power source and wasn't an issue somewhere else in the building's electrical system.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: Are there generators in the studio? PostWed Oct 16, 2013 10:24 pm Offline
Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:53 pm302
With all the Mac computers that are used at Southparkstudios, I imagine the wattage would be tremendous. Sure they can afford generators, but making only a few episodes a year it's just not cost effective imo. After 16+ seasons it never happened before. And probably won't happen again.
Re: Are there generators in the studio? PostThu Oct 17, 2013 9:49 am Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am255
Bummer that we have to wait an extra week. But this does reinforce the idea that they take until literally the last minute before air-time to finish these episodes, so I guess this was bound to happen sooner or later.

With this extra week, they should make a bonus episode 11 to make up the delay to us suffering fans :lol:
Re: Are there generators in the studio? PostThu Oct 17, 2013 11:17 am Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
Most businesses that use generators have them to power only the most essential of items. For instance, a hospital will only run critical equipment like life support monitors and the like (any many have battery backups as well) while non essential items go dark. A major company might have generators for their servers to continue service to outfacing customers, but most of their other functions would be shut down.

Quite simply, the cost to power an entire animated production, including a couple dozen animating computers, sound recording and processing, an entire rendering farm etc. would just be astronomical.

They've been doing the short term production schedule since pretty early in the show's run. Having one episode go a week late due to a random event after this many years is pretty impressive.

Besides, I am sure that in that blackout they came up with some ideas. 1705 airs the day before Halloween, so they may get to poke fun at themselves and tie it in to whatever they have planned.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 8 posts