Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 8 posts
Beyond Sarcastaball PostWed Oct 16, 2013 3:13 pm Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am254
http://news.yahoo.com/middle-school-ban ... 06159.html

OK, I can see where full contact football is dangerous. But games of tag? Cartwheels? Soccer balls?

I'm seriously you guys - WTF. Hope some parent pulls a Randy Marsh at that school's next PTA meeting.
Re: Beyond Sarcastaball PostWed Oct 16, 2013 3:38 pm Offline
Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm129In your hearts.
Kids are kids (I'm still one at heart). They fall down and bounce back. If you take away whatever gets the kids to move around and exert their energy, you may as well call yourself Adolf.
Send me a PM.

Milo Vonnegut | Milo Vonnegut 2 | Online Milo | Milo Vonnegut 3 | Keyblade | Tugennov Olim

GET BACK TO TWERK
Re: Beyond Sarcastaball PostWed Oct 16, 2013 4:45 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
UhhIDontKnow wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/middle-school-bans-footballs-baseballs-cartwheels-fun-games-213406159.html

OK, I can see where full contact football is dangerous. But games of tag? Cartwheels? Soccer balls?

I'm seriously you guys - WTF. Hope some parent pulls a Randy Marsh at that school's next PTA meeting.

If Marr and Trey feel a need to make an episode on any of these, they will. Meanwhile, go and watch "Conjoined Fetus Lady"
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Beyond Sarcastaball PostThu Oct 17, 2013 9:53 am Offline
Big-Will wrote:
UhhIDontKnow wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/middle-school-bans-footballs-baseballs-cartwheels-fun-games-213406159.html

If Marr and Trey feel a need to make an episode on any of these, they will. Meanwhile, go and watch "Conjoined Fetus Lady"

That episode would have been ruined by the skoo in question's new rules.

Kyle got hurt playing dodgeball as I remember which can't happen when your skoo outlaws the balls.

(starts streaming the episode...)

Did Stan just call Butters Swanson??
Re: Beyond Sarcastaball PostThu Oct 17, 2013 10:04 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Yep.

And you should know that Sarcastaball was about Randy being pissed off that the NFL has gotten too soft. Players earning millions and being sidelined by injuries where players from 50 years ago would earn hundreds of thousands and play right through those injuries. Those new rules you mention were meant to drive home Randy's point and nothing more. I don't think you'll see them again.

And after reading that article, I wouldn't be surprised if Randy got into another rant about the pussification of children. :mad:
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Beyond Sarcastaball PostThu Oct 17, 2013 11:20 am Offline
Big-Will wrote:
Yep.

And you should know that Sarcastaball was about Randy being pissed off that the NFL has gotten too soft. Players earning millions and being sidelined by injuries where players from 50 years ago would earn hundreds of thousands and play right through those injuries. Those new rules you mention were meant to drive home Randy's point and nothing more. I don't think you'll see them again.

And after reading that article, I wouldn't be surprised if Randy got into another rant about the pussification of children. :mad:

I can definitely tell Trey is in to the NFL and the Broncos ;) I think they were just lambasting the NFL as well for needing "studies" to determine whether or not a sport that bounces one's brain off of one's skull repeatedly might cause brain injuries. Ya think?

I meant the skooo from the article - if Kyle went there, he'd never end up in the nurse's office at all. He'd be off in a bubble like that home-schooled kid and not allowed in the same building with something as dangerous as a dodge ball. Safe from injuries - and more importantly, his skoo safe from lawsuits :oops:
Re: Beyond Sarcastaball PostThu Oct 17, 2013 10:22 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Big-Will wrote:
Yep.

When did we lose our way?
Re: Beyond Sarcastaball PostFri Oct 18, 2013 4:21 pm Offline
Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm129In your hearts.
BRMBug wrote:

American television.
Send me a PM.

Milo Vonnegut | Milo Vonnegut 2 | Online Milo | Milo Vonnegut 3 | Keyblade | Tugennov Olim

GET BACK TO TWERK

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 8 posts