Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 8 posts
Is this show about the main four anymore? PostWed Oct 16, 2013 7:57 pm Offline
Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:47 pm1
I've noticed that Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny get a LOT less screen time. It seems like every other episode is about Randy being an assh*le or even some random character, like the goth kids episode that was supposed to air tonight. And then when it DOES focus on the kids, it's Kyle and Cartman bickering.

I love the show and have for years, but it's starting to wear thin. I dunno, some of my favorite episodes are when the kids are just dicking around being kids, like when they play Lord of the Rings or get ninja weapons.

Anyone have any opinions on this?
Re: Is this show about the main four anymore? PostThu Oct 17, 2013 9:48 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Matt and Trey said the show would be quite different now (years later) than when it started. They didn't know how different it would be, but they were right.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Is this show about the main four anymore? PostThu Oct 17, 2013 9:52 am Offline
Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm129In your hearts.
South Park is evolving. That's pretty much it.

I mean, take Star Wars for instance. It's no longer just about Luke Skywalker and the Rebels fighting Darth Vader and the Empire.
Send me a PM.

Milo Vonnegut | Milo Vonnegut 2 | Online Milo | Milo Vonnegut 3 | Keyblade | Tugennov Olim

GET BACK TO TWERK
Re: Is this show about the main four anymore? PostThu Oct 17, 2013 12:30 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
Milo Vonnegut 3 wrote:
South Park is evolving. That's pretty much it.

I mean, take Star Wars for instance. It's no longer just about Luke Skywalker and the Rebels fighting Darth Vader and the Empire.

Yeah, but that was when it was at it's best. It evolved poorly.

South Park is no longer about the main four. It is no longer an ensemble show. It is a focus episode, with the main characters being Randy, Cartman, and Butters. Stan, Kyle, and to a lesser extent Kenny are now supporting characters more often than not.

That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: Is this show about the main four anymore? PostSat Oct 19, 2013 4:08 pm Offline
Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm129In your hearts.
ShaneHaughey wrote:

Look beyond the prequel trilogy.

(I love Death Troopers, Red Harvest, The Force Unleashed, Jedi Academy, Battlefront, Fate of the Jedi, Darth Plagueis, Knights of the Old Republic, Galaxies, Republic Commando, Angry Birds Star Wars, etc.)
Send me a PM.

Milo Vonnegut | Milo Vonnegut 2 | Online Milo | Milo Vonnegut 3 | Keyblade | Tugennov Olim

GET BACK TO TWERK
Re: Is this show about the main four anymore? PostSat Oct 19, 2013 7:31 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
Milo Vonnegut 3 wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:

Look beyond the prequel trilogy.

(I love Death Troopers, Red Harvest, The Force Unleashed, Jedi Academy, Battlefront, Fate of the Jedi, Darth Plagueis, Knights of the Old Republic, Galaxies, Republic Commando, Angry Birds Star Wars, etc.)

Some of those were okay. Some were good, even great (KOTOR). Others were awful (Unleashed) and Angry Birds doesn't even count. Before the prequels you had several novels in the expanded universe which were superior to anything that has come after, the Thrawn Trilogy most of all.

No, not great evolution and that would be like taking into account South Park fanfiction and the upcoming game when discussing how the show has evolved. Faulty logic.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: Is this show about the main four anymore? PostThu Oct 24, 2013 12:42 pm Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
Matt & Trey may be using some material created for the up coming game, in South Park shows now. After all they did have to create the entire town, people in it, where things are, etc, for the game. After a decade or so, we finally know all the Goth kids names. Did that just happen out of the blue, or did that happen because they needed the names for the game? It makes sense that they are showcasing other people in town in part, because of all the new background material they have now.
Re: Is this show about the main four anymore? PostThu Oct 24, 2013 4:23 pm Offline
Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:31 am3
I personally think that they are doing fine on the show. World War Zimmerman wasn't that great I got to admit the nipple rubbing got old fast. But still I think the rest of the season will be good. But that's just my opinion.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 8 posts