Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 9 posts
New Ideas for the SP Franchise PostTue Nov 05, 2013 6:22 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
I was wondering today how characters other than Cartman, Butters and Randy (but mostly Cartman) can get more screen time and dialogue. I stumbled upon an article today in the Hollywood Reporter and it finally hit me: let Cartman, Butters and Randy have South Park all to themselves. You must be thinking right now, dude, are you out of your goddamned mind? In a word, no. Then what happens to all the other characters on the show with some sort of appeal or potential? Well my friends, the answer to that solution can be found right here on the internet. I'm talking, of course, about web-exclusive TV programs. You see, with such outfits as Netflix and CC Studios (Comedy Central's web-only programming arm) new shows related to South Park can be produced and aired on the internet, perhaps even with longer air times and less censorship than TV would ever allow. I have come up with a few SP spin-off concepts that I think could work as online shows. Here are those programs*:

Just a Few Dudes
Cast: Stan, Kyle, Kenny, Craig, Clyde, Token, Jimmy, Tweek
Plot: Stan, Kyle and Kenny have stopped hanging out with Cartman and Butters, leading them to end up on better terms with Craig & Co. A number of things have changed since leaving Fatass and Bummers in the dust, but one thing still stays the same: they still keep on finding themselves in asinine situations which could threaten South Park and possibly the entire globe, much to Craig's (and just Craig's) dismay. Rest assured, Kenny will still end up dying on occasion.

All That Glitters and Sparkles
Cast: Wendy, Bebe, Red, Annie, Lola, Jenny, Nichole, Heidi, Milly, Esther
Plot: The girls of the Fourth Grade at South Park Elementary School have a somewhat normal life. They do such pretty typical things girls their age would do as make lists, talk about boys, share gossip, cheer, shop 'til they drop, have sleepovers, get makeovers, play games, watch TV and various other things. On the other hand though, they seem to always run into some sort of odd or dangerous scenario that sometimes threaten life as we know it. When faced with these issues, these girls kick ass and take names while rescuing the human race and modern society from absolute catastrophe.

Mediocre Education
Cast: Mr. Garrison, Mr. Mackey, Principal Victoria, Mr. Adler, other SPES staff
Plot: See what wacky sh*t goes down in the teachers' lounge and beyond as the South Park Elementary School faculty deals with the daily grind of the American education system.

To Patronize and Annoy
Cast: Officer Barbrady, Sergeant Yates, Sergeant Murphy, various other cops
Plot: Watch this and you'll get a glimpse of what South Park and Park County's incompetent police forces deal with on a daily basis both on and off-duty.

Death and Despair
Cast: Michael, Pete, Henrietta, Firkle, the Vampire Kids, the Emo Kids
Plot: I'll start out by saying this show is not for like Nazi conformist cheerleaders and dumbass wannabe posers or whatever. Sit back and watch the Goth Kids smoke, drink coffee, listen to dark music, recite gothic poetry, argue with their lame-o parents and other killer non-conformist activities. But that's not all: things can get kind of fucked up at times and the Goth Kids have to take some sort of action and sh*t. That, along with constant quarrels with the Vampire Kids and Emo Kids. God, they're such douchey loser copycats!

Jesus Christ, I'm Super!
Cast: Big Gay Al, Mr. Slave
Plot: Watch South Park's favorite gay couple run into a myriad of fabulous misadventures and overcome obstacles between them and other people and even themselves. You gotta love this show you Silly Goose!

I Married a Towel
Cast: Towelie, Rebecca (his girlfriend turned wife), Washcloth, Assorted Neighbors
Plot: Towelie, his new wife Rebecca and their son Washcloth move to the suburbs of San Antonio to get a new start on life. The people who live by them are dumbfounded that 2 out of 3 of their new neighbors are actually cleansing products. Add Towelie's love for weed and hilarity ensues.

Hearsay
Cast: Sharon, Sheila, Liane, Carol, Linda, et al.
Plot: The mothers and housewives of South Park spread rumors about each other, shop like crazy, watch over their kids, twist their husbands' ears, go out to lunch, have parties, do household chores, read steamy romance novels and many other things a housewife/mother would do. All of that while living in a town where disaster and destruction are as routine as having to do laundry or cook dinner.

The Air Up North
Cast: Terrance, Phillip, Katherine, Katie, Scott the Dick, Ugly Bob
Plot: So, you want to see how things operate up in Canada, eh guy? Well, I'll tell you us Canadians are not all just about farts, queefs, Kraft Dinner and maple syrup. Tune in to see just exactly what kind of awesome culture we have to offer up here in Canada, buddy!

We Are Kindergarteners
Cast: Ike, Filmore, Quaid, Flora, Jenny (the kindergartener), Sally (the kindergartener)
Plot: Things sure look different from down there. Kindergarten is usually the time for children to start their formal schooling and learn the basic things such as ABCs and 123s. In South Park however, there's another whole degree to the curriculum: mayhem and oddness.

*These programs will probably never come to fruition, but I just thought I'd put these ideas out here.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Last edited by nwt000 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: New Ideas for the SP Franchise PostTue Nov 05, 2013 7:03 pm Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am255
Assuming that the legal hurdles for something like that were cleared - and I am guessing there would be work for that to happen - who would make all the episodes?

M+T seem to be down to 10 a year now. If there are half a dozen spin-offs, who would make episodes for those shows?
Re: New Ideas for the SP Franchise PostTue Nov 05, 2013 7:13 pm Offline
Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:22 am59McLe, VA
I wouldn't mind the girls or Craig And Those Guys getting a spinoff-like episode ala Butters' Very Own Episode, but not a whole series. A Cartman-only "South Park" wouldn't work despite his popularity.
Re: New Ideas for the SP Franchise PostTue Nov 05, 2013 7:19 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
UhhIDontKnow wrote:
Assuming that the legal hurdles for something like that were cleared - and I am guessing there would be work for that to happen - who would make all the episodes?

M+T seem to be down to 10 a year now. If there are half a dozen spin-offs, who would make episodes for those shows?

If M&T are down to making 10 episodes a year, which seem to still be mostly about just Fatass and seem to be losing their spark, they should either give up and move on to other projects or hand the show off to someone willing to be a tad more creative and diverse with the plots and characters. Cartman was pretty funny as lead character until about Season 14B, with the last truly great episode that showed Cartman at his finest was Medicinal Fried Chicken. I feel like any epidode that was centered around him after that one was pretty much forced upon us.
Niels0827 wrote:
Re: New Ideas for the SP Franchise PostTue Nov 05, 2013 7:59 pm Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am255
nwt000 wrote:
UhhIDontKnow wrote:

If M&T are down to making 10 episodes a year, which seem to still be mostly about just Fatass and seem to be losing their spark, they should either give up and move on to other projects or hand the show off to someone willing to be a tad more creative and diverse with the plots and characters. Cartman was pretty funny as lead character until about Season 14B, with the last truly great episode that showed Cartman at his finest was Medicinal Fried Chicken. I feel like any epidode that was centered around him after that one was pretty much forced upon us.

To me, they're still making some really funny episodes, so I just want them to keep that going as long as they can. I'd take a few rare episodes (like say, Dawn of the Posers) in (hopefully many) new M+T SP seasons and episodes over spin-offs not made by M+T. It is kind of cool though to imagine the different shows/casts, but I'd say the odds of anything like that happening are about as high as Cartman going vegan. Eventually they may just start to veer to less core characters more often on their own.

And I'll settle for the 10 episodes. I think that with the breaks, they're more likely to keep going for more seasons. Let them do some more musicals and movies and get time off from SP - so long as the show isn't becoming the Simpsons, whatever works.
Re: New Ideas for the SP Franchise PostMon Nov 11, 2013 4:45 pm Offline
Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:36 am215
nwt000 wrote:
UhhIDontKnow wrote:
?

The show should always be done by Matt and Trey, if you no longer enjoy it, you should stop watching it.

Your fascination with bit part characters who don't offer much is completely odd (it was you who used to want episodes based on the South Park girls right?)

PS: This post and the fact you think it would be a great discussion proves you are completely weird and are obsessed by animated characters.
At least we have аssholes, you dumb girl!
Re: New Ideas for the SP Franchise PostMon Nov 11, 2013 5:42 pm Offline
GregW wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
UhhIDontKnow wrote:
?

The show should always be done by Matt and Trey, if you no longer enjoy it, you should stop watching it.

Your fascination with bit part characters who don't offer much is completely odd (it was you who used to want episodes based on the South Park girls right?)

PS: This post and the fact you think it would be a great discussion proves you are completely weird and are obsessed by animated characters.

Hmmm, that other thread was made four fucking years ago when I had a far different mindset and demeanor than I do now and it only came to light recently because that Vonnegut asshole decided to necrobump that particular thread, like he's done to countless other threads that hadn't been posted in for years because he's nothing more than an attention whore who likes to cause drama. As for you, I don't know what your problem is with me, but your mindless hatred of me makes you look like a total prick in my eyes. Also, the fact that you came out of a year-long hiatus just to post this dogcrap makes me think you're just a little bit obsessed with me and that's super creepy.
Niels0827 wrote:
Re: New Ideas for the SP Franchise PostMon Nov 11, 2013 6:18 pm Offline
Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:14 pm99Antelope California
I like all the ideas but I don’t think Matt and Trey will ever do another TV show after South Park and I had read that it might be just like three years more of South Park I think. Or maybe I thought I heard it was three years and I’m just crazy. I watched the 6 Days To Air: The Making of South Park and it looked like Trey does all the work in picking out new episodes. And Matt said he had been offered jobs to do other shows and he wanted to work with Trey or that it wasn’t his thing. The ideas would make great shows and I like the one about the all girls ep. I was thinking of an ep where Bebe or one of the girls gets kidnapped and it can show the towns reaction and be about them trying to get her back and of course she gets raped. Girls are getting kidnapped all the time. I’m still waiting on hearing about Kathryn Stalbaum and if she was abducted or what happened then. I think of characters dating too like Cartman and Henrietta. I guess Matt and Trey will eventually get tired of South Park but who knows what they will do. I hope they keep making SP for the next ten years. I could see them making movies and doing more plays like the book of Mormon. I think its easy for them to come up with ideas for shows. Looks like they just take a day and chill out in a room and everyone brainstorms. It would be awesome if they did some kind of contest and they pick people that could visit South Park Studios, that would kick ass. About Towelie, I’d like to see him using pot and get into Colorado’s marijuana legalization battles. Like now its about the taxes on pot being sold there and how the price for pot will be too much.
Re: New Ideas for the SP Franchise PostMon Nov 11, 2013 6:25 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
nwt000 wrote:
If M&T are down to making 10 episodes a year, which seem to still be mostly about just Fatass and seem to be losing their spark, they should either give up

This may well happen in three years.

nwt000 wrote:
and move on to other projects

History has shown that they can do other projects AND work on the show at the same time: SP:BLU, TA:WP, The Book of Mormon, even Orgazmo and BASEketball. They only cut back to 10 episodes a year because they can.

nwt000 wrote:
or hand the show off to someone willing to be a tad more creative and diverse with the plots and characters.

This will not happen. I'm sure many would jump at the chance to helm the show, but no one else can be Trey, and he isn't likely to just hand it off.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 9 posts