Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 4 posts
Where can I find the original script of 201 before censoring PostMon Dec 09, 2013 11:00 pm Offline
Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:12 pm5
Does anybody know where I can find the original script of episode "201" before the bleeps were put over Kyle and Santa's speeches?

Also, does anyone think that Viacom and Comedy Central will allow Trey and Matt to release the unaltered episode at some time? I'm wondering if Trey and Matt will do it themselves after the series ends.

By the way, I am not new to the forum; I created a new account because I was tired of my username and wanted a new one. I haven't posted on here in a while either. Just for the record.

I'd love to know what Kyle and Santa said. The bleep killed the lesson.
Re: Where can I find the original script of 201 before censo PostTue Dec 10, 2013 11:44 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
What kind of question is that??? The original script for episode "201" is at South Park Studios, of course. :P

Fan-made videos purporting to have the bleeped text have popped up from time to time, and claims have been made that the missing text was in a script the writers threw away, but the videos are fake, and if the text is from a discarded script, we can't consider it official.

Official transcripts for the show have not been available to us since Season 5's "Towelie."
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Where can I find the original script of 201 before censo PostTue Dec 10, 2013 9:00 pm Offline
Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:12 pm5
I thought maybe it got leaked or a lip-reader figured it out. :lol:
Re: Where can I find the original script of 201 before censo PostWed Dec 11, 2013 9:49 pm Offline
Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:59 am8
ilvny wrote:
I thought maybe it got leaked or a lip-reader figured it out. :lol:

Traditional lip-reading probably wouldn't work for animation "lip" movements of this sort.

A couple of years back, some programming egghead said that he made a database of many of Kyle's known animation mouth positions and the corresponding words involved, the idea being that the mouth animations would be continually re-used.

Despite my best efforts to search, I couldn't find the website where this discussion took place, but I remember it had something to do with stop motion animation. He said he had figured out some of the words, but I don't remember what he came up with.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 4 posts