Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 14 posts
Favorite Trilogy or 2 part Episode PostThu Dec 19, 2013 1:14 am Offline
Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:33 pm3
What is your favorite 2 part or 3 part episode?
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Re: Favorite Trilogy or 2 part Episode PostSun Dec 22, 2013 10:48 am Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5689The Mormon Homeland
Season 4; "Do the Handicapped Go to Hell?" and "Probably."

It's still my favorite even after all the great multi-parters we've gotten since.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: Favorite Trilogy or 2 part Episode PostMon Dec 23, 2013 10:24 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2272Croatia (SE Europe)
Coon and Friends. It's epic!
Re: Favorite Trilogy or 2 part Episode PostMon Dec 23, 2013 7:23 pm Offline
Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:48 pm8
The Black Friday/Game of Thrones parody was great, however my favorite is the "do the handicapped go to hell" two parter. Cartman as a preacher was hilarious.
Re: Favorite Trilogy or 2 part Episode PostFri Jan 03, 2014 3:15 am Offline
Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:35 am22derbyshire England
cartoon wars because they really ripped on family guy and i hate family guy :cartmanlaugh:
favorite ep:all of them
favorite character:Kyle i think
favorite colour:rainbow....
favorite animal:doggy
first episode watched:cripple fight
Re: Favorite Trilogy or 2 part Episode PostSat Jan 11, 2014 11:03 pm Offline
Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:48 pm8
jamesy66 wrote:
cartoon wars because they really ripped on family guy and i hate family guy :cartmanlaugh:

I forgot about that one, Family Guy sucks chef's black salty balls
Re: Favorite Trilogy or 2 part Episode PostSat Jan 11, 2014 11:05 pm Online
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18790I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
triplemultiplex wrote:
Season 4; "Do the Handicapped Go to Hell?" and "Probably."

It's still my favorite even after all the great multi-parters we've gotten since.

Dammit. Yeah, I've gotta agree with that.
Re: Favorite Trilogy or 2 part Episode PostTue Jan 14, 2014 4:17 pm Offline
Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:53 pm87
The Coon Trilogy
Favorite Character(s): Kyle and Kenny
Favorite Episode: Scott Tenorman Must Die
Favorite Season(s): 1, 2, 3, and 8
First Episode Seen: Summer Sucks (officially)
Re: Favorite Trilogy or 2 part Episode PostWed Jan 15, 2014 4:42 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
This is a super tough question because I'm fond of pretty much all of them. If I had to pick one, though, I'd probably say Imaginationland. (I'd say Coon and Friends if the end hadn't annoyed me so much.)
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: Favorite Trilogy or 2 part Episode PostThu Jan 16, 2014 1:57 am Offline
NeuroHeart wrote:
(I'd say Coon and Friends if the end hadn't annoyed me so much.)

Annoyed? Which part in particular?
Re: Favorite Trilogy or 2 part Episode PostThu Jan 16, 2014 1:20 pm Offline
Mamont wrote:
NeuroHeart wrote:
(I'd say Coon and Friends if the end hadn't annoyed me so much.)

Annoyed? Which part in particular?

What do you mean, which part? The ending. The last... three minutes or so of the last episode.
Up until then, it was Mysterion's story. But nope, we're not going to give you the ending to Mysterion's story, it's actually all about Mintberry Annoying-ass Crunch, because f*ck you.
I seriously can't watch that episode all the way through anymore. It pisses me off too much.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: Favorite Trilogy or 2 part Episode PostThu Jan 16, 2014 1:34 pm Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am563
Indeed, the lamest superhero's sudden rise to fame, wtf? I know it was supposed to be hysterical, blah blah blah, yet all it made me do was puke up mint and berries. Ugh! Cthulhu should have just crushed that asswipe Bradley "Gok-zarah" Biggle's skull between his fingers like he did with another faggot whose name I have difficulty recalling. In the meantime, I realize there was no chance for such a satisfying crunch, given it was just a parody of some cliche-ridden superhero comics/flicks.

My personal favorite multi-farter has got to be the "Go God Go" saga. As a militant atheist, I find it rather peculiar to be made fun of by a couple of irreligious guys who feel the need to send love letters to religion every so often. But it's not so much the message, which I do find somewhat relevant, as it is the story arc connecting Cartman's obsession with Nintendo Wii and Dawkins' unlikely crush on Garrison into one fucked up adventure that makes this two-farter so special. So very special.
Re: Favorite Trilogy or 2 part Episode PostSun Jan 19, 2014 9:10 pm Offline
Well, it's South Park! What did you expect?
Re: Favorite Trilogy or 2 part Episode PostMon Jan 20, 2014 2:32 am Offline
Mamont wrote:
Well, it's South Park! What did you expect?

:| Really? What, because South Park isn't capable of ending the story they began? Nope, I call horseshit on that.
What if, say, Imaginationland had turned into Snarf's f*cking story in the last few minutes? That would have been lame. But it wrapped up beautifully, and it deserved the awards it won.
Now, don't misunderstand me. Mysterion Rises is my favorite episode of South Park. The trilogy could have been absolutely amazing. But the cowardly and annoying character who runs away and has a voice like a dental drill should not get the big ending. I think if they had carried the story through, it probably could have deserved awards as well. But they didn't.
They dropped a lot of balls in the last episode, to be honest, but it still could have been salvaged.
Hell, if Kenny had confronted Cthulhu and Cthulhu had just shrugged and been like, "Sure, dude, I like you. I think you get me. I can do you a favor and bring back your friends. And hey I'm kind of tired, think I'll just go home now." (only in mimes and grunts) it would have that South Parkian sort of anticlimactic climax, still would have pissed off Cartman, and maybe wouldn't solve the full mystery of Kenny's story, but it wouldn't have made me want to put a brick through my TV.

One of the only other times they sort of pull a stunt like that is in Stanley's Cup, and that episode commonly comes up in the discussions of the worst South Park episodes of all time (for a lot of reasons, but the tacked-on and unsatisfying nature of the ending is one of them.) It's actually not a stunt they pull all that often, is what I'm saying, and it's not one they generally get away with.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 14 posts