Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 8 posts
201 UNCENSORED AND RESTORED (mostly) PostSat Jan 11, 2014 5:18 pm Offline
Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:53 pm87
Favorite Character(s): Kyle and Kenny
Favorite Episode: Scott Tenorman Must Die
Favorite Season(s): 1, 2, 3, and 8
First Episode Seen: Summer Sucks (officially)
Re: 201 UNCENSORED AND RESTORED (mostly) PostSat Jan 11, 2014 6:44 pm Offline
Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:53 pm302
This is your second post on this topic; your first post, made two minutes before your post here, is located at:

viewtopic.php?f=38&p=1086416#p1086416

I know that you say that you are the youngest board member here. So here's something you may not know about: you shouldn't post the same topic in multiple threads, let alone make a new thread for something you posted about elsewhere only two minutes earlier.

Go to the link I just provided, and read my answer to that post in the other thread.

/end thread (Will?)
Re: 201 UNCENSORED AND RESTORED (mostly) PostSat Jan 11, 2014 10:55 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Yes, the subs you see are crap, but that's better than not seeing the episode at all. THANKS, VIACOM.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: 201 UNCENSORED AND RESTORED (mostly) PostSun Jan 12, 2014 3:20 am Offline
Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:59 am8
This "restoration" attempt was not worth the effort, in my opinion.

All it amounts to is some sloppy audio editing, inserting the same single word a handful of times. The subs for the final speeches aren't even remotely related to the actual content. And the cussing is still bleeped. I'd rather watch the disc version.

I do miss the super best friends, though. I hope we haven't seen the last of them (for new episodes), but I fear that we have.
Re: 201 UNCENSORED AND RESTORED (mostly) PostMon Jan 13, 2014 3:41 pm Offline
Come on, it was close enough right?

zzyzx 2 wrote:
This is your second post on this topic; your first post, made two minutes before your post here, is located at:

viewtopic.php?f=38&p=1086416#p1086416

I know that you say that you are the youngest board member here. So here's something you may not know about: you shouldn't post the same topic in multiple threads, let alone make a new thread for something you posted about elsewhere only two minutes earlier.

Go to the link I just provided, and read my answer to that post in the other thread.

/end thread (Will?)

i know they still bleeped that one part and censored muhammad and i know i posted it twice but i didn't think that was a big deal
Re: 201 UNCENSORED AND RESTORED (mostly) PostTue Jan 14, 2014 7:02 pm Offline
Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:59 am8
bigstupidflyingfish wrote:
i know they still bleeped that one part and censored muhammad and i know i posted it twice but i didn't think that was a big deal

If by "censored muhammad" you mean something in the video, like the black boxes that are clearly part of the original animation, then you are incorrect. Nothing is censored in the video in 201. The black boxes bearing "censored" are part of the episode as originally constructed. The only censorship to the episode as delivered to CC was of the audio.
Re: 201 UNCENSORED AND RESTORED (mostly) PostWed Jan 15, 2014 3:37 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA

Close enough just doesn't cut it once the creators of the show have had their say.

Matt and Trey said this about the episode the day after it aired:

Quote:
Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too.

But what's the first sub we see in the video, which came out three months later?

Kyle: "Muhammad's just some made-up guy..."

Let's look at MnT's statement again:

Matt and Trey: "Kyle's customary final speech ... didn't mention Muhammad at all"

Thus, someone just put in there what he thought the speeches said, not knowing, or ignoring, that Kyle didn't mention Muhammad in his speech, and that right there is reason enough to not see that video again. If you want to see it, see it as it was aired, not with these bogus subs added in.

When that "UNCENSORED AND RESTORED" video popped up three and a half years ago, I reminded people what Matt and Trey said, and told them to avoid the video. I did it then, I'm doing it now: avoid the video, or you might end up thinking it's official when it's not.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: 201 UNCENSORED AND RESTORED (mostly) PostWed Jan 15, 2014 3:37 pm Offline
Big-Will wrote:

Close enough just doesn't cut it once the creators of the show have had their say.

Matt and Trey said this about the episode the day after it aired:

Quote:
Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too.

But what's the first sub we see in the video, which came out three months later?

Kyle: "Muhammad's just some made-up guy..."

Let's look at MnT's statement again:

Matt and Trey: "Kyle's customary final speech ... didn't mention Muhammad at all"

Thus, someone just put in there what he thought the speeches said, not knowing, or ignoring, that Kyle didn't mention Muhammad in his speech, and that right there is reason enough to not see that video again. If you want to see it, see it as it was aired, not with these bogus subs added in.

When that "UNCENSORED AND RESTORED" video popped up three and a half years ago, I reminded people what Matt and Trey said, and told them to avoid the video. I did it then, I'm doing it now: avoid the video, or you might end up thinking it's official when it's not.

oh i see what you mean. whoops

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 8 posts