Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 8 posts
South Park Getting Sadder? PostSun Jan 26, 2014 11:43 pm Offline
Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:08 pm13
Obviously since they started South Park in 1997 Matt and Trey have both grown and changed in their humor and ideas and it's been duly reflected, but does anyone else think that in the past few seasons it's gotten sadder, as well? There aren't many sad episodes to speak of but it seems as if most of them have been created more recently than the others.
Re: South Park Getting Sadder? PostMon Feb 03, 2014 1:33 pm Offline
  • YIM
Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:55 pm11Long island, NY
I would have to definitely agree with you I have noticed the change. Episodes have been getting sadder and sadder. :cry:
Favorite episodes: The ring and The red badge of gayness
Favorite season: Season 10
Favorite character: Kyle Broflovski
Re: South Park Getting Sadder? PostThu Feb 06, 2014 5:45 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2272Croatia (SE Europe)
I wouldn't say they're getting sadder. Just... not as goofy. A little more mature.
Re: South Park Getting Sadder? PostThu Feb 06, 2014 7:09 pm Offline
Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:08 pm13
Mamont wrote:
I wouldn't say they're getting sadder. Just... not as goofy. A little more mature.

Oh I have no question as to whether they've gotten more mature. But with that maturity, it seems they've become slightly more serious, as well. Not every episode and not even necessarily in every season, just overall.
Re: South Park Getting Sadder? PostMon Feb 17, 2014 5:24 am Offline
Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:19 am2Las Vegas, NV
:gaykenny:
Sad or not, its still amazin.
Re: South Park Getting Sadder? PostTue Feb 18, 2014 4:16 pm Offline
Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:02 pm1
no
Re: South Park Getting Sadder? PostWed Feb 26, 2014 2:18 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Mamont wrote:

I agree. Yes M&T have always used the boys as vehicles for how they feel about society and the media, but I think they are doing way more now than they did back when. SP has always had the same amount of 'sadness' I guess. Kenny Dies and You're Getting Old will always bring tears to my eyes. I know I speak for the majority when I say they need to have the boys be boys and not get involved so much about the latest in news and such. Have funny adventures in their backyard like Ladder to Heaven or Fun with Veal. Act more naive, like actual 9/10 year olds!

Not everything has to be about what's hot or not in the world.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: South Park Getting Sadder? PostMon Mar 03, 2014 11:11 am Offline
Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:42 pm26
Stanluv25 wrote:
Mamont wrote:

I agree. Yes M&T have always used the boys as vehicles for how they feel about society and the media, but I think they are doing way more now than they did back when. SP has always had the same amount of 'sadness' I guess. Kenny Dies and You're Getting Old will always bring tears to my eyes. I know I speak for the majority when I say they need to have the boys be boys and not get involved so much about the latest in news and such. Have funny adventures in their backyard like Ladder to Heaven or Fun with Veal. Act more naive, like actual 9/10 year olds!

Not everything has to be about what's hot or not in the world.

Amen! to that.
Top 5
1. Major Boobage
2. Tonsil Trouble
3. Imaginationland
4. Woodland Critter Christmas
5. 1%

Favorite Character: Kyle
Favorite Season: 4

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 8 posts