Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 2 17 posts Previous  1, 2
Re: Need Explanation About Turkish Flag Appearance PostSun Oct 24, 2010 4:55 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
Anka123 wrote:
Please someone explain to me why my country flag is on the terrorist planes?

Because the star and crescent moon is the official and universal symbol of Islam, which in recent times is equated in many societies with radical Muslim jihadists. The only national flags with the star and crescent moon, that I can recall, are Pakistan, Mauritania, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Algeria, Tunisia, and Malaysia, and the United States maintains a positive or neutral relationship with all these countries. So take your pick. They did not choose your nation's flag with the intention of offending anybody. Amongst Islamic countries and secular nations where Islam is the predominant religion, Turkey's flag is the most recognizable in Western societies because of the country's secular, liberal, and progressive nature.

Anka123 wrote:
Why when I see news about Turkey on any US channel its always something bad or absurd? Why any photo broadcasted on western media always shows Turkish women in headscarf?

I'm sorry, but I never see this. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I have never seen it. If it truly offended you, I believe you would remember which stations you've seen this on, and I'd like you to share them. FOX News doesn't count, either. Nobody in their right mind likes those ultra-conservative douchebags.

Seriously, Finland didn't give a fuck when South Park bombed the hell out of it in 'Pinewood Derby', Denmark didn't care when they were mocked in 'Canada on Strike', and I didn't hear the Afghans complain about their country's portrayal in 'Osama bin Laden has Farty Pants' (and this can be attributed to more than just the fact that the internet hardly exists over there in the average common household). Please, people, stop being insecure and maintaining the notion that you and your 'people' are free from comedic ridicule and pointless, random humor. I took it lightly because I know Turkey is an ally of ours and a very nice country with a distinct culture and people. Lots of people don't even know what Turkey's flag looks like.
Re: I condemn your use of Turkish flag on attacking planes PostMon Oct 25, 2010 4:38 pm Offline
Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:19 am6
Ya'll be postin in a troll thread

Sort by  
Page 2 of 2 17 posts Previous  1, 2