Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 12 posts
Your flash coding needs work PostMon Oct 25, 2010 4:44 pm Offline
Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:19 am6
Seriously. I have crap for internet here. (Dont blame me, everything's in my roommate's name and I haven't been able to talk him into upgrading. Ugh.) I need to be able to easily alter the streamrate. I could get it with a bit of luck before, but I think the latest firefox update jacked it up; now the video streamrate is set to 450 by default, and it jumps to 500 if I try to do anything to it.. But the internet speed here is usually between 200-300.
:(
I need it where I can set it back to 250.
Re: Your flash coding needs work PostTue Oct 26, 2010 2:00 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Try a different browser. Google Chrome is excellent: http://www.google.com/chrome

Another browser that will speed up your internet connection is Safari: http://www.apple.com/safari/

Both links above work on both PC and Mac.

Good luck! I hope that you can stream soon the way you used to :)
Re: Your flash coding needs work PostTue Oct 26, 2010 2:06 am Offline
Sorry for the double post - I forgot that in this particular forum that editing of a post is not permitted.

Another suggestion is to make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash. The Current Version is: 10,1,75,3. In order to check you version, and upgrade to it if you don't have 10,1,75,3, try this:

First, determine your flash version: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

If it is a version lower than 10,1,73,3, download the latest version here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Again, good luck, and I hope these two posts I made above help :)
Re: Your flash coding needs work PostTue Oct 26, 2010 3:35 am Offline
I'm running windows vista. There's no such thing as an excellent browser. I have Google Chrome installed as well, and it does some crazy sht at random moments. I havent tried safari before, though. Can I get the adblock plus addon for it?
Re: Your flash coding needs work PostTue Oct 26, 2010 4:06 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I'm not really sure. Have you tried Firefox?
Re: Your flash coding needs work PostTue Oct 26, 2010 4:13 am Offline
Arkainon wrote:
I'm running windows vista. There's no such thing as an excellent browser. I have Google Chrome installed as well, and it does some crazy sht at random moments. I havent tried safari before, though. Can I get the adblock plus addon for it?

Yes! Try this link:

http://download.cnet.com/Safari-AdBlock ... 93198.html
Re: Your flash coding needs work PostTue Oct 26, 2010 4:15 am Offline
Again, I can't edit posts in this forum :(

The above link was for Mac computers. Sorry.

Here is the link you need for Ad Block for Safari for Windows:

http://www.uptodown.com/en/search/adblock-plus-safari
Re: Your flash coding needs work PostTue Oct 26, 2010 10:31 am Offline
Once again, I apologize for "no edit" button located in this Feedback forum, so please ignore this "triple post."

Please, Arkainon, use this link:

http://lifehacker.com/5561134/adblock-for-safari

Among other things, including a "download button," the link says:

"AdBlock is a free download, works wherever Safari does."

In fact, the link says: "Mac/Windows: Safari 5 is out, and there are already quite a few extensions available. One of the most sought after, however, is AdBlock, and the developer of AdBlock for Chrome has already ported it to Safari.

We've shown you how to enable extensions in Safari, so once you do that the installation is quite simple. Just go to AdBlock for Safari's home page, download the extension, and double click on it—it'll install itself right away, no restart necessary. You'll see a new button in Safari's toolbar with the AdBlock logo on it, which links you to AdBlock's editable preferences, filter lists, and whitelist so you can fully customize what you do and don't block. If you want to disable or uninstall the extension, you can do so from the Extensions tab in Safari's preferences.

Note that while this is a port of the Chrome version, it does not load all the ads before blocking them—that was a limitation of Chrome that is not present in Safari, so this add-on will actually block the script tags themselves, and thus have better performance.

As always, we encourage you to add sites you like to your whitelist. A lot of sites have some really obnoxious ads, and we love a good AdBlock as much as anyone on those pages, but we and our friends at other blogs 'round the net make our living from ad support, and are able to keep our sites free to you guys for the same reason. So please take a bit of time to tweak your preferences and your whitelist for sites you support; we really appreciate it."

I hope this helps with the shared computer that you use with your roommate :)

zzyzx 1 a/k/a ZZ
Re: Your flash coding needs work PostTue Oct 26, 2010 10:38 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
You shouldn't be apologizing for something you had no part in making. This forum and a few others were configured so only mods could edit posts. Blame nall or BearyBear for this.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Your flash coding needs work PostTue Oct 26, 2010 2:13 pm Offline
BRMBug wrote:
I'm not really sure. Have you tried Firefox?

Am using Firefox. I have Firefox, Google Chrome, and Opera on my computer, although I never use Opera anymore. And of course, Internet Explorer. Because I haven't found a way to get rid of it yet.
Re: Your flash coding needs work PostTue Oct 26, 2010 3:26 pm Offline
zzyzx 1 wrote:
Once again, I apologize for "no edit" button located in this Feedback forum, so please ignore this "triple post."

Please, Arkainon, use this link:

http://lifehacker.com/5561134/adblock-for-safari

Among other things, including a "download button," the link says:

"AdBlock is a free download, works wherever Safari does."

In fact, the link says: "Mac/Windows: Safari 5 is out, and there are already quite a few extensions available. One of the most sought after, however, is AdBlock, and the developer of AdBlock for Chrome has already ported it to Safari.

We've shown you how to enable extensions in Safari, so once you do that the installation is quite simple. Just go to AdBlock for Safari's home page, download the extension, and double click on it—it'll install itself right away, no restart necessary. You'll see a new button in Safari's toolbar with the AdBlock logo on it, which links you to AdBlock's editable preferences, filter lists, and whitelist so you can fully customize what you do and don't block. If you want to disable or uninstall the extension, you can do so from the Extensions tab in Safari's preferences.

Note that while this is a port of the Chrome version, it does not load all the ads before blocking them—that was a limitation of Chrome that is not present in Safari, so this add-on will actually block the script tags themselves, and thus have better performance.

As always, we encourage you to add sites you like to your whitelist. A lot of sites have some really obnoxious ads, and we love a good AdBlock as much as anyone on those pages, but we and our friends at other blogs 'round the net make our living from ad support, and are able to keep our sites free to you guys for the same reason. So please take a bit of time to tweak your preferences and your whitelist for sites you support; we really appreciate it."

I hope this helps with the shared computer that you use with your roommate :)

zzyzx 1 a/k/a ZZ

1) no one touches my computer but me.
2) installed safari. it was interesting. I may have to play with it a bit to see if I like it or not, though it did seem that the pages loaded faster.
3) but, it still didnt fix my original problem of taking an hour to watch a 21-minute show because I cant change the streamrate. Halp meh? Mod? Site admin? Chick sitting at her cubicle with a stuffed penguin doll and a poster of a bearded dude with swords?
Re: Your flash coding needs work PostTue Oct 26, 2010 3:45 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
How did you discover the stream rate in the first place?

Anyway, if you're having problems seeing the video smoothly, right-click on the video at any time, click on "Settings...", click on the first icon at lower left (that's the display icon), then uncheck the box next to "Enable hardware acceleration." Flash should then use software (itself) to scale and display the content. If that doesn't work, then you should upgrade your broadband. There's no going back around here.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 12 posts