Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 4 posts
Suggestion - Freedom of speech! PostThu Nov 11, 2010 2:41 am Offline
Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:47 am7
You know, that constitutional amendment our founding fathers placed on us at the birth of this country? It doesn't say anything about freedom of speech "as long as it doesn't offend the followers of a certain religion that crashed airplanes full of innocent people into buildings full of other innocent people".

I don't see how Comedy Central can remove episodes when it offends one religion but not when it bashes another. That seems pretty biased to me. Are they Muslims? Are they responsible?? Are we after the wrong people??? :D

I'm sure you have seen plenty of complaints like this, so one more couldn't hurt lol.

Rant over...thank you for watching.
Re: Suggestion - Freedom of speech! PostThu Nov 11, 2010 3:27 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Comedy Central is afraid of being bombed by Muslim extremists, plain and simple. That's what it told Matt and Trey when they made Cartoon Wars I and II. It's the reason Cartoon Wars I and II didn't show Muhammad and why the show was forbidden from showing him ever again, and the reason "Super Best Friends" is no longer on the site. And Comedy Central is not equipped to fight back, and it has no faith in our armed services for protection.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Suggestion - Freedom of speech! PostSun Nov 14, 2010 1:30 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
In that case, I suggest we volunteer our services to Comedy Central as an anti-extremist army in exchange for Muhammad :P
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: Suggestion - Freedom of speech! PostSun Nov 14, 2010 1:46 pm Offline
Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:01 am2
Then this is isn't a problem with southpark, it's a problem with the muslim people. They should simply censor the episode if thats how they feel and ban them from their country and tell their people not to watch it. For everyone else, we should be free to watch what we want and create what we want. I just don't understand why they simply can't just mind their own business and if something offensive is made then simply don't view it and tell others not to and if necessary, remove it from your community. Maybe they are just dicks and want to interfere with a cartoon when they could simply mind their own business and censor these episodes or don't show them in their country.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 4 posts