Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 3 posts
why the religion in comedy? PostSat Nov 13, 2010 7:31 pm Offline
Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:57 pm1
Hi guys,
Well hope this post will reach the writers
Please respect the prophets and the religious symbols and don’t show them in sarcastic cartoons, though these characters who made and you today...

My name is Osama and I'm a Muslim, idk if this post never reaches anyone after I mentioned my name, but I have to post.
Anyway, I'm a big fan of your works , the reason that I posted this topic is when I watched the episodes 200, 201 in season 14 which had a 0% comedy in it except the part of fudge packer,
what made me Disappointed is the prophets part of course, when you bring a characters that are Sacred to some religions and humiliate them on your shows you lose your fans, I know that the first thought about us (Muslims) is Terrorism, I don't care about that, and I'm not here to defend my religion, I mean I never been ashamed about any episode or even any show that makes fun of us and our religion, it's ok we all here to have fun so it's not a big deal, but let me tell you one thing, ISLAM respects all the other religions!. In our book (((And do not abuse those whom they call upon besides Allah, lest exceeding the limits they should abuse Allah out of ignorance. Thus have We made fair seeming to every people their deeds; then to their Lord shall be their return, so He will inform them of what they did))) we respect Jesus in fact the only difference between Islam and Christians is that we say that Jesus is a prophet and christens says that he is a god, we respect Moses and he is also a prophet, and so we respect all our prophets which Mohammad, Jesus and Moses are ones of them, all what I ask for is just that u never show them as a funny characters that disgrace them, for Christians Jews and Muslims, these are our messengers, they carried the heaviness of the message they got till the last moment, the least thing we can do for them is to respect them.
again i know that this topic might not be published, and I don't care, all what i want is that the writers read it, I'm not racist, but these Ideas increases the gaps between our nations,
I want you to know that I can't go to any of USA, UK, France and many other EUROPIAN and American countries because of my name, and I really don't care about it, all what I do care about is that when i die and god asks me (what did you do for your religion and your prophets and your people) i will answer that i posted this topic and it's the least I can do
Many asks about why we shouldn’t show Mohammad's (the prophet of Islam) pic's I have a simple answer: showing him or drawing him in a sarcastic cartoons ,to us it's like when someone disgrace the cross to the Christians… no offence to any one .
Thanks
Re: why the religion in comedy? PostSun Nov 14, 2010 9:30 am Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
IcedBurned wrote:
Many asks about why we shouldn’t show Mohammad's (the prophet of Islam) pic's I have a simple answer: showing him or drawing him in a sarcastic cartoons ,to us it's like when someone disgrace the cross to the Christians… no offence to any one .
Thanks

Except that when the cross is "disgraced", a lot of Christians don't care.

I'm sorry to be blunt here, but I fail to see how your opinion on this matter will influence anyone else's. No religion is superior to the other (and in my personal opinion, each religion is equally inferior to the other).

You know why religion is meant to be made fun of? Because people get worked up when their beliefs are mocked or disproven. People become extremely irate and defend their beliefs, which they don't even know for a fact are true.

This is exactly what you're doing. You're claiming to know for a fact that you're going to answer to your deity when you die. Truth is, you don't know jack shit. That's only what you THINK is going to happen.

Yet when other people think differently, all of the sudden it's a problem. Please go away. For real.
Re: why the religion in comedy? PostSun Nov 14, 2010 12:07 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
The whole point of South Park is that nothing is sacred.

Quote:
all what I do care about is that when i die and god asks me (what did you do for your religion and your prophets and your people) i will answer that i posted this topic and it's the least I can do

You really think god is going to care that you posted this topic and that he'll be happy with the least you can do?

Honor your religion by tending to the suffering, and being kind to your fellow people. If South Park offends you this much, don't watch it. You'll do better by your religion by not defiling your own mind with images that offend you.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 3 posts