Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 2 24 posts 1, 2  Next
I will NEVER buy an AXE product... EVER PostFri Dec 24, 2010 11:46 am Offline
Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:49 pm13
I understand when broadcasters get a good advertiser they want to keep them, but it's beyond crazy how SPS will allow advertisers to run their ads into the ground at high decibels.

I remember it was blasting loud Dodge Trucks with Denis Leary when I last went through the vids at SPS.

Now it's blasting loud AXE, which is often playing 2 commercials each break.

Come on! That's crazy! I'm sick of AXE. You can't turn a good advertising customer away, but at least turn it down somewhat!

I've resorted to just muting out all the commercials for the 1.5 min breaks and I miss all the commercials, so NONE of the advertisers get face time. That's not good for anyone.

Thanks.

(Oh Geez! Another AXE is playing right now! Again! Argh!)
Re: I will NEVER buy an AXE product... EVER PostFri Dec 24, 2010 11:57 am Offline
By the way, I live in a SoCal house built in 1918--very thin walls. The volume (GEEZ! AXE PLAYING RIGHT NOW!) the volume differences between the program and commercials is out of whack.

I've just seen other people giving feedback on volume issues, too.

And I use IE to watch SPS, because I use FF to surf while watching. Doing both on FF sucks up too much memory. So any FF ad blockers is moot to me.

Anyway, ad blockers are a band aid. A respectful presentation of commercials will get interested viewers who welcome the commercial break. Pissing everyone off to use ad blockers and MUTE is no good.
Re: I will NEVER buy an AXE product... EVER PostFri Dec 24, 2010 11:57 am Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
That's nice.
Re: I will NEVER buy an AXE product... EVER PostFri Dec 24, 2010 12:33 pm Offline
Since I've seen about a dozen AXE commercials since I posted this, I figured I'd reply with commercials I do like, a thumbs up to those companies who get it right:

:arrow: Allstate (Mayhem and the President from 24 versions)

:arrow: Google (I especially like the one with the Japanese girls playing in front of the screen projection).

:arrow: Network commercials such as Ozzie and Futurama "Back by popular harassment" are ok, but too loud.

Thanks.

ps. This is a feedback post for South Park Studios as a consumer to help them run their business, not for losers from San Jose who hang out telling people "that's nice" to posts not ultimately meant for them. Cool? Cool.
Re: I will NEVER buy an AXE product... EVER PostFri Dec 24, 2010 12:35 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Well, why not play the eps using FF, and surf using IE?
Re: I will NEVER buy an AXE product... EVER PostFri Dec 24, 2010 12:38 pm Offline
Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:59 pm2914On The East Siyeeed!
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Re: I will NEVER buy an AXE product... EVER PostFri Dec 24, 2010 12:59 pm Offline
BRMBug, that seems like the logical solution. But Firefox is set up specifically for my surfing pleasure--add ons, extensions, etc. ;)

Seriously, I don't like surfing with IE. All IE is good for is streaming (Hulu, SPS, and a live atheist video stream from Austin I like to watch on Sundays).

I hope if enough people pipe-up about the volume and repetitive nature of the commercials, MAYBE they will begin to change a few things. I'm not on a crusade--once this thread is pretty played out, I'll drop it. But there will be others and that's what counts in the long run.

And in the long run, ad blockers are no good for SPS, the advertisers or the users.

Anyway...
Re: I will NEVER buy an AXE product... EVER PostFri Dec 24, 2010 1:10 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
Kensuke wrote:

Not exactly. There may be no video ads, which I understand is what the issue is, but there are advertisements on the pages...which means someone more than likely not associated with Comedy Central is making money off South Park.

On the other issue, yeah it sucks that the advertisements are actually louder than the content of the show. The OP has a point and the site should take note of it because I'm sure he's not the only one with a gripe.
Re: I will NEVER buy an AXE product... EVER PostFri Dec 24, 2010 1:27 pm Offline
ImNotYourBuddyGuy wrote:
ps. This is a feedback post for South Park Studios as a consumer to help them run their business, not for losers from San Jose who hang out telling people "that's nice" to posts not ultimately meant for them. Cool? Cool.

And I've got some feedback for you, as well.

Walls too thin so everyone can hear the ads? Get headphones or move into a newer house.

Got a problem with someone replying to your post when it's not "meant for them"? Flame everyone else who responded.

Don't like IE, and refuse to use FF because it's "set up for surfing pleasure"? Use Chrome.

Don't like commercials? Nobody does. They weren't made for you to like them.

Cool? Cool. :mrgreen:

Whiny Southern Californians.
Re: I will NEVER buy an AXE product... EVER PostFri Dec 24, 2010 1:35 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
Niels0827 wrote:

Whiny Southern Californians.

Yeah, what's up with them? :wink:
Re: I will NEVER buy an AXE product... EVER PostFri Dec 24, 2010 2:03 pm Offline
Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:37 am6
Fix your damn commercials.

I don't feel like switching from Chrome to bloated Firefox just to use Adblock, nor do I want to make a dash for the volume control whenever an advertisement's about to start.

I'm tempted to just torrent your episodes since I'm pretty sure my neighbors are sick of hearing loud orchestral music from that Book of Mormon advertisement every 10-or-so minutes.

I'm also not fond of the attitudes in this thread.

"That's nice."? What a bollocks answer.

I love South Park and I really am grateful you have almost all of your episodes available here, but is there not a way you could make advertisements less excruciating to listen to?
Re: I will NEVER buy an AXE product... EVER PostFri Dec 24, 2010 2:31 pm Offline
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm11176N/A - I'm only part of your imagination.
Eh, no great loss. Axe products smell terrible, anyways.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Re: I will NEVER buy an AXE product... EVER PostFri Dec 24, 2010 3:11 pm Offline
Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:26 pm2500the dangleberry of planet Earth
Wii fit man wrote:
Eh, no great loss. Axe products smell terrible, anyways.

IKR, It's like wow, you're going to make chicks soooo horny by smelling like cat piss
PopRocksAndSoda

Back off, snickerdick!
I wanna ride your Rapidash ;D
Re: I will NEVER buy an AXE product... EVER PostFri Dec 24, 2010 6:13 pm Offline
DaltonMan321 wrote:
I'm also not fond of the attitudes in this thread.

"That's nice."? What a bollocks answer.

You're right: it is a bollocks answer. Because it's not an answer. It would be an answer if it were in response to a question. The original two posts did not ask a question, thus "That's nice" is not an answer.

Sorry if I have an attitude AND actually know how to use it. :)

The tantrums you supposedly grown people are throwing over commercial advertisements is ridiculous. It's actually funny. Suck it up or watch the episodes on DVD.
Re: I will NEVER buy an AXE product... EVER PostFri Dec 24, 2010 10:36 pm Offline
Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:31 pm844Frozen wasteland
Ad-block plus with firefox.

My job here is done.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 2 24 posts 1, 2  Next