Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 4 posts
Advertising PostThu Dec 30, 2010 3:06 am Offline
Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:33 am1
Please understand that we all know you need advertising to allow users to watch your content for free. After all something must fund the program, however the manor in which this advertising has been brought to the public is, irritating and ineffective. From reading a sample of the posts by other individuals its apparent that several problems exist, problems that could easily be fixed to make a more pleasurable viewing experience for your consumers. You have a die hard fan base, you might consider listening to them once in a while.
The main problems I personally have noticed are. . .
1. Volume increases when a commercial is played
2. The same commercial is played twice sometimes three times in a row
3. Only one or two commercials are played again and again and again and ... you get the point.
These problems create a high level of irritation with the consumer, most people mute the commercials, or in several instances get so irritated that they quit watching all together.
I dont think your sponsors would be happy to know their advertising campaigns are actually causing them to loose business because of the way they are used.
Take for example the Axe commercial, It was an entertaining commercial the first time i saw it, maybe even the second. Upon viewing it for the 200th time I vowed to myself to never buy an axe product again. Not because axe makes bad products, not because they made a bad commercial, but because I had the same add blasted out of my computer so many times that it will forever be engraved in my subconscious along with the horrors of Its a small world and the final count down.

All of this aside I offer a simple solution that I BEG you to consider.

Play a comercial once at the beginning of an episode.
Play a different commercial ONCE half way through
PLay yet a different commercial ONCE at the beginning of the next episode
Rinse and Repeat.
Play a comercial at a lower volume rather than higher, it will make a viewer interested in what is being said, turn up the volume and maybe just maybe pay attention the add. .. the whole point behind advertising if I'm not mistaken.

You will gain more advertisers and piss off fewer customers.
Thanks for Reading, I can only hope you will take some of this advice.[/size]
Re: Advertising PostThu Dec 30, 2010 5:38 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Good luck with that. Requests like this are just ignored here.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Advertising PostSat Jan 01, 2011 8:19 pm Offline
Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:36 am3
Big-Will wrote:

That's too bad. I don't mind the repetition, I mean come on its a commercial. There's gonna be a lot of repeats. However, the volume issue is too much. When the volume of the ads is so ridiculously loud that the people in the apt next to me can hear it (its got to be double) that's just plain not respecting your users. I've stopped watching episodes on SPS. Its too bad, I like this site and don't mind watching an ad before my entertainment but when I have to be deafened to do it I'm calling it quits.
Re: Advertising PostThu Jan 06, 2011 2:04 am Offline
Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:42 am3
canada42 wrote:
Big-Will wrote:

That's too bad. I don't mind the repetition, I mean come on its a commercial. There's gonna be a lot of repeats. However, the volume issue is too much. When the volume of the ads is so ridiculously loud that the people in the apt next to me can hear it (its got to be double) that's just plain not respecting your users. I've stopped watching episodes on SPS. Its too bad, I like this site and don't mind watching an ad before my entertainment but when I have to be deafened to do it I'm calling it quits.

Same here about the apartment next to me. I'm torrenting all episodes now instead of riding the mute/unmute switch on my taskbar. I'd much rather steal all of this than deal with how loud it gets all of a sudden while I'm, for instance, in the other room cooking, doing homework, or switching back and forth between browsers while it plays. Way to fail SPS.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 4 posts