Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 12 posts
episode 201 on disc PostSat Apr 30, 2011 5:07 am Offline
Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:56 am2
Sorry to tell all of you this fact , but southpark episode 201 has been bleeped out by the network on the disc 2 of season 14 -- got it in the mail last night and was very dissapointed that they bleeped it out -- we will never know what profound thing was said in this episode ,, and I know that it was good , because I`ve watched every episode so far -- they always have a different view that is great on these contravershal subjects !!! The people at comedy central need to grow a set and stop being p@#$% they make fun of every other religion on this show and won`t even let us see or hear what is said about Mohamad ????? They didn`t make fun of him or kill him at all -- so what is the big deal -- grow up and be a man you wimps !!!!!!
Re: episode 201 on disc PostSat Apr 30, 2011 8:42 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Agreed. I won't be buying this set or any other set, myself. I think it's total bullcrap that they're claiming no uncensored version exists and we can't get it even if we're paying for the episode.
Surely an audiotrack exists somewhere from before all the bleeps were added. Fans paying in should get access to the original episode.
Re: episode 201 on disc PostSun May 01, 2011 7:17 am Offline
Sun May 01, 2011 6:57 am7
Yeah the makers of southpark probably have it, and probably have burned it in a bonfire by now so it truly does NOT exist now (but did at one point), as the creators of this show are just scared little assh*les.
Re: episode 201 on disc PostWed May 25, 2011 11:46 am Offline
Mon May 16, 2011 7:54 am9Kansas
Quote:
goonies999000: very dissapointed that they bleeped it out -- we will never know what profound thing was said in this episode ,, and I know that it was good , because I`ve watched every episode so far -- they always have a different view that is great on these contravershal subjects !!! The people at comedy central need to grow a set and stop being p@#$% they make fun of every other religion on this show and won`t even let us see or hear what is said about Mohamad ????? They didn`t make fun of him or kill him at all -- so what is the big deal -- grow up and be a man you wimps !!!!!!"

I wholeheartedly agree. Comedy Central needs to get the sand out of their vaginas.

Quote:
NeuroHeart: I won't be buying this set or any other set, myself.

The set is still worth buying... its not like 201 is the ONLY episode on it. Plus, a boycott may hurt SPstudios more than Comedy Central anyway... As for me, I'll be buying Season 14 and just hope that 200/201 gets its very own uncensored dvd release and buy that. Who knows? Maybe we could even see the uncensored bit at the end of Cartoon Wars pt. 2 as, like, a bonus feature or something! Here's hoping that justice prevails.
Re: episode 201 on disc PostWed May 25, 2011 11:48 am Offline
Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:43 pm496
goonies999000 wrote:
Sorry to tell all of you this fact , but southpark episode 201 has been bleeped out by the network on the disc 2 of season 14 -- got it in the mail last night and was very dissapointed that they bleeped it out -- we will never know what profound thing was said in this episode ,, and I know that it was good , because I`ve watched every episode so far -- they always have a different view that is great on these contravershal subjects !!! The people at comedy central need to grow a set and stop being p@#$% they make fun of every other religion on this show and won`t even let us see or hear what is said about Mohamad ????? They didn`t make fun of him or kill him at all -- so what is the big deal -- grow up and be a man you wimps !!!!!!

I hope you didn't buy this before you knew 200 and 201 were censored. I mean I will still end up getting the dvd set for myself, but I know a lot of people who are angry about have stated that "it's not worth buying"
Re: episode 201 on disc PostThu Jun 02, 2011 6:04 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
I think it's pretty stupid to boycott the whole DVD over one episode. We're pretty lucky "200" and "201" got released at ALL, in ANY form. It's not as if Comedy Central said they'd release the uncensored episodes and went back on their word. I don't see why anyone expected them to be uncensored in the first place.

We know Matt and Trey's opinion on the Muhammad issue damn well, and they've made it clear in the previous episodes, so losing the final speech isn't really that big of a deal. The censoring of his name isn't more than annoying. And I doubt anyone here cares about "sh*t" and "f*ck" still being censored.

Hell, Matt and Trey say on the commentary for "201" they expected Comedy Central to change the episode.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see "201" uncensored as well - but we need to stop acting like the episode is unwatchable.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: episode 201 on disc PostSat Jun 04, 2011 6:12 am Offline
^ Agreed 1,000,000% JVM :D
Re: episode 201 on disc PostSat Jun 04, 2011 8:36 am Offline
JVM wrote:
I think it's pretty stupid to boycott the whole DVD over one episode. We're pretty lucky "200" and "201" got released at ALL, in ANY form.

It's stupid to not buy something I don't wish to buy? Excuse me? Now that's just rude.

We're lucky it was released at all? Yes, it's so fortunate that art and freedom of speech has only been repressed to the extent it has, and clearly I should lick at whatever crumbs I am thrown, rather than have an opinion about whether to spend my money.
Dude, if I'm paying for something, it should be what I want. So your opinion is that it's perfectly watchable, fine. I find it painful to watch, and I'm certainly not going to pay for the "privilege." I never expected to change Viacom's mind or anything, I'm just not going to spend cash on something that is not what I want. I don't exactly have a money tree in my backyard; I don't buy anything if I'm reluctant about it.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: episode 201 on disc PostSat Jun 04, 2011 11:10 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
^ No, that's not what I mean.

I'm not saying it's stupid not to buy it if you don't want it, I'm saying it's stupid if you would buy it otherwise and am boycotting it solely over the editing of "201". There's a difference. If you wouldn't buy it anyway that's one thing and that's fine. It was more so aimed at someone who would buy it otherwise and had the money to and is boycotting it just over the censorship.

I think I worded my previous post poorly, but I think you understand what I mean now. And don't take it so personally it wasn't aimed solely at yourself
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: episode 201 on disc PostSun Jun 05, 2011 1:13 am Offline
JVM wrote:
I'm not saying it's stupid not to buy it if you don't want it, I'm saying it's stupid if you would buy it otherwise and am boycotting it solely over the editing of "201". There's a difference. If you wouldn't buy it anyway that's one thing and that's fine. It was more so aimed at someone who would buy it otherwise

I... probably would buy it otherwise. At this time I don't wish to buy it because I don't want to spend any money on something I consider unwatchable. Even a fraction of what I would be spending is too much when I can watch every other episode online. Had it been released uncensored, I would have been overjoyed and happily scraped together the sixty bucks it would cost me to buy it. Even though I would effectively be buying two episodes since I watch here more often than I watch any form of video disk, I would still probably have gone for it. As it stands, there's not a terribly compelling reason for me to buy it. I don't know if I would call it a 'boycott' so much as a, "Well, I would be interested in that sort of set, but I'm sure as hell not interested in what's on this one. Think I'll go buy groceries or something."
Quote:
I think I worded my previous post poorly

I think you did, too, so thank you for that. I gotta tell you, though, I'm not super psyched on a lot of the wording you're still sort of going with.
Quote:
And don't take it so personally it wasn't aimed solely at yourself

...Um Image I'm the only one in the thread to say I wasn't going to buy it. If you don't want someone to take a response personally, then don't respond solely to what they've said, yeah? Okay, good, glad we got that cleared up. Image
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: episode 201 on disc PostSun Jun 05, 2011 3:21 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
As the episodes are easily seen here, and recording on DVRs are easy to do, I don't buy the disk sets for the episodes anymore; I can see them anytime. I like the commentaries. But even those didn't reveal that much to me in the last few runs of the show because of all the info I learn in both the pre and post air threads right here on SPS :D

And Season 14 was great; it not only had the revelation of Jack Tenorman as Cartman's Dad, but it had the Mysterion trilogy as well. And again, I can see the episodes here or on my own recordings. It was only because I wanted to see 200 and 201 uncensored that I was going to buy the set this year. As 201 is still censored, I have no reason to buy it now. Maybe in a few years when it's on sale, idk. But I did record 200 and 201 as seen on TV, so I have those already and I can watch them anytime. And I do :)

I have a feeling that there's money to be made one day when the powers that be decide to finally release a special disk about 200/201; maybe after Season 17 or something as part of a future bonus disk. If so, I'll be the first in line to buy it! Just because 201 is not uncensored now that doesn't mean this will always be the case in the future :wink:
Re: episode 201 on disc PostTue Jun 07, 2011 8:45 am Offline
I thought this was an interesting read. And if I do say so myself, the writer of this review is correct! I'm sure you will all agree as well =)

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/S ... 32591.html

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 12 posts