Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 5 posts
Please return "200," "201," and "Super Best Friends"! PostSun May 29, 2011 9:41 am Offline
Sun May 29, 2011 9:10 am1
I'm new to the forum, so if this is a moot point, forgive me. I'm also a Muslim. (Woo, scaaaaarrrrrrryyyy, hide your towels....)

I've been watching South Park since it came out in 1997. Unfortunately, I was never able to see the episodes "200" or "201" because I was too broke for cable and internet at the time. I came back to South Park Studios recently to see if this censorship nonsense was finally over with. Not only is it still going, but "Super Best Friends" isn't even on here anymore! What the hell?!?

God has been portrayed as a Buddhist, lizard-platypus looking thing. Jesus had a cable access show. Moses was basically the MCP from Tron, or Zordon. Mohammed had awesome fire powers in Super Best Friends, and nobody complained then. Nobody complained about anybody (except some Scientologists, apparently.) South Park is basically the Wierd Al of television, and most people laugh at their parodies.

This whole thing is ridiculous. A few whackjobs don't speak for an entire group, let alone people who love this show. All this does is cause more latent prejudice, and keep us from enjoying the show. Islam clearly teaches to FOLLOW THE LAWS AND CUSTOMS of whatever nation you are in, while doing your best to not break any Islamic rules. Basically, if you don't like it, change the channel, and mind your damn business.

So, what can realistically be done about this?
Re: Please return "200," "201," and "Super Best Friends"! PostSun May 29, 2011 2:45 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
autobotm8rix wrote:
So, what can realistically be done about this?

Wish I knew, because I want the same thing. At the moment, I'm voting (completely ineffectually, I'm sure) with my dollars by not buying the season 14 blu-ray with the butchered version of 201 on it.
Perhaps we can replace all the corporate head honchos with manatees, who are immune to terrorist threats?
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: Please return "200," "201," and "Super Best Friends"! PostThu Jun 02, 2011 6:09 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
As I said in the other thread, it's a useless gesture to boycott the DVD over a single episode being censored that we're lucky was even released in the first place.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: Please return "200," "201," and "Super Best Friends"! PostThu Jun 02, 2011 11:06 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Yeah, it probably is, but you pointing that out isn't going to make me sink money into something I don't feel is worth buying due to its butchering. I can and do watch all the episodes here on this site, except the three that were pulled off, and those I can see elsewhere. The main motivation I would have had to buy the latest season was to be able to watch 200 and 201 as they were intended, or close to it. They aren't on there as intended, hence main motivation no longer applies, QED I'm not going to buy it.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: Please return "200," "201," and "Super Best Friends"! PostSat Jun 04, 2011 11:06 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
^ "200" is on as intended, it's uncensored and fine.

I guess I can understand, but since I was more concerned about Cartman's father and everything the Muhammad stuff didn't bother me.

Personally I think the biggest loss of the DVD set is the lack of true commentary for "201" since not counting the bleep it's about a minute long.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 5 posts