Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 10 posts
Offensive advertisements? PostFri Jun 03, 2011 9:20 pm Offline
Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:14 pm9
Hello good people at South Park Studios. I really love watching South Park on your site. Unfortunately, there's one group of advertisements, the ones for Axe something or other, that I find really offensive. The one where they talk about "the most subjective (or was it 'objective'? 'Objectifying' is more like it) game show on the internet." Anyway, this one in particular is something I find really sexist and it's making me not want to watch videos on the site anymore. I understand the site/the show cant exist if it doesn't break even, but these advertisements in particular I find go too far. I wasn't sure where to post this, so thank you for your time.
Re: Offensive advertisements? PostSat Jun 04, 2011 8:12 am Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
If you're that easily offended why do you watch SP to begin with?
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: Offensive advertisements? PostSat Jun 04, 2011 9:45 am Offline
Because when South Park is offensive, it's usually in a satirical way, or at least it's intention is to be funny. When a company is completely relying on "hot chicks" to sell a product, it just feels manipulative and it pisses me off.
Re: Offensive advertisements? PostSat Jun 04, 2011 10:10 am Offline
Just as people who are targets of SP don't have to watch the show, you don't have to buy the product. Funny how the one who can get cash just by unbuttoning your shirt complains about being oppressed, if anyone's being exploited it's the guys throwing the cash they earn away. Objectifying is vague to the point of meaninglessness, abstracted from reality, harms nothing, and is mostly used as a buzzword. If there's a problem here it's companies getting rich through manipulative advertising, but that applies when they appeal to our slow to adapt food drive as much as to sex, the problem isn't sexism it's unregulated advertising getting us to buy sh*t we don't need, but that drives the economy so maybe it's for the best. If you can't loose the company more money than these ads bring in by not watching the show on this site, you can't stop the ad. There's other ways to watch though.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: Offensive advertisements? PostSat Jun 04, 2011 10:32 am Offline
I don't believe I asked for your opinion. f*ck off jack ass.
Re: Offensive advertisements? PostSat Jun 04, 2011 10:41 am Offline
No you just asked a company to stop doing something profitable because of your oppinions and expected something to be done, or them to even read what you posted on a public forum and desired no public responses to. It's offensive so let's ban it and be offensive when pushing for it to be banned, nice strategy?
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: Offensive advertisements? PostSat Jun 04, 2011 10:57 am Offline
If nobody reads the Feedback section, why would they have it?

I'm not asking them to stop their sponsorship with Axe or any of their other partners. However, a company can choose what they want and what they don't want to endorse them, because they realize those choices can affect their viewers. For example, while Miley Cyrus was still working with Disney, she refused to sponsor a line of condoms because it was not in her best interest to piss off the parents of her many fans. If South Park Studios is aware of the negative impact this particular line of advertisements has on their viewers they may be more inclined to do something about it. This is why I felt if I didn't like the advertisements, it would be the best course of action to let the company know, and thats what I'm doing.
Re: Offensive advertisements? PostSat Jun 04, 2011 11:05 am Offline
Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:19 pm10139Billy bonka's amazing Drug Factory
You could always look away when this advertisement comes on..
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
Re: Offensive advertisements? PostSat Jun 04, 2011 11:33 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18790I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Or use Adblock Plus, and you won't see it at all.
Re: Offensive advertisements? PostSat Jun 04, 2011 11:51 am Offline
I do use AdBlock Plus, but I use the Google Chrome version and it's not quite as useful for video advertisements.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 10 posts