Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 10 posts
A verizon ad blew my speakers. Thanks. PostTue Aug 09, 2011 1:44 pm Offline
Wed May 20, 2009 7:36 pm2
I was watching The Return of Chef with a few friends, and therefore had the volume up so everyone could hear. It was fine, until the time for a commercial break. The volume for ads are so loud on this site, that it actually blew my speakers before I could hit the mute button, and my ears are still ringing from it.

Hasn't this been an issue for a while? Is it even -seen- as an issue that advertisements have a built in volume that's twice that of the show we're watching?

Or do we just really really really need to actually -pay- for the DVD sets?
Re: A verizon ad blew my speakers. Thanks. PostTue Aug 09, 2011 1:47 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Sound issues like this is why I have an ad blocker on my browser. :/
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: A verizon ad blew my speakers. Thanks. PostTue Aug 09, 2011 1:56 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
They release the DVD sets for a reason - because nothing is completely free the way you want it. The South Park staff is kind enough to let us watch episodes free on the official website. Yes, the commercials are annoying, but you're watching a TV show for free, legally and on-demand, even though you COULD go out and buy the DVDs. So I don't think there's any room for people to complain. People need to learn to either compromise or keep quiet.
Re: A verizon ad blew my speakers. Thanks. PostTue Aug 09, 2011 5:00 pm Offline
Wed May 20, 2009 7:36 pm2
Niels0827 wrote:
They release the DVD sets for a reason - because nothing is completely free the way you want it. The South Park staff is kind enough to let us watch episodes free on the official website. Yes, the commercials are annoying, but you're watching a TV show for free, legally and on-demand, even though you COULD go out and buy the DVDs. So I don't think there's any room for people to complain. People need to learn to either compromise or keep quiet.

I didn't have a problem with the commercials until my speakers exploded. o.o
Re: A verizon ad blew my speakers. Thanks. PostFri Aug 12, 2011 7:44 pm Offline
Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:21 pm2
Yeah, I don't think he was complaining about the commercials themselves so much as the fact that they were loud enough to destroy his audio equipment, which was likely not very cheap. I think I would be a bit upset as well, and I think it's a legit complaint. Granted, SPS may not have any control over the volume of the commercials (though it is possible they do, and if so, something should be done about it), but perhaps they could increase the volume of the episodes to match that of the commercials; that way, the volume level is relatively the same, and there's no surprise or possible damage when a commercial comes on.
Re: A verizon ad blew my speakers. Thanks. PostTue Aug 16, 2011 6:54 am Offline
Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:44 am4
Niels0827 wrote:

The reason this site can stay up for free is because the ads pay for it. We watch the show, we must watch the ads to go along with it, just how it works. But the problem is, and it IS a valid complaint, the audio of the show is MUCH lower than that of the ads. This makes it a pain in the ass when watching the show late at night while laying down for bed or just watching it when others are asleep and not get to the volume control on time before the ads come back on blaring at 5x the show volume. I see where you would become upset from people you think are complaining about a free privilege, but when we sit through ads 4 times per episode, it pays for itself. In other words Niels0827, go blow it out your ass.
Re: A verizon ad blew my speakers. Thanks. PostTue Aug 16, 2011 6:57 am Offline
Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:44 am4
I've had the same problem except luckily havnt had any damage done to my audio equipment
Re: A verizon ad blew my speakers. Thanks. PostWed Sep 07, 2011 5:31 am Offline
Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:19 am1
The ad volume is easily 5 times louder than the episodes, so annoying.
Re: A verizon ad blew my speakers. Thanks. PostThu Oct 20, 2011 10:17 pm Offline
Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:49 pm1
Agreed - would it really be so difficult to bring up the volume of the episodes to match the commercials? That way if there were a sudden volume change it would be quieter, and I wouldn't wake up my kid sleeping in the next room. But hey, I understand - it's more complicated than quantum physics, right?

And I agree with this statement as well: Neils, shove off. Are you just going from post to post with copy/paste? Sad, you're just running around complaining about complainers. What does that say about you?
Re: A verizon ad blew my speakers. Thanks. PostSat Oct 22, 2011 2:34 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Sorry folks, but the Studios aren't going to mess with the sound volume of the commercials Comedy Central puts in there.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 10 posts