Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 3 posts
LAME :C PostMon Sep 26, 2011 11:21 am Offline
Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:10 am2
Seriously upset after buying SP14 DVD. Two omitted episodes...?

I've been a fan of the show since it first aired here. I even understand that these episodes may not be for mass consumption, but the DVDs /blu-rays etc. are bought out of personal choice.

This really isn't fair Comedy Central...by curtailing to minority pressure we're just that little bit less 'free', and terrorism is just that bit stronger.

I also object to the claims that this release is in anyway 'complete', had I known that episodes 200/201 had been completely removed from the box set I wouldn't have bothered at all and just ordered an R1 copy.

This is the first (and I hope only) time you guys have ever let me down. However, on a positive note thanks for all the laughs over the years and I prey the series hasn't totally been compromised...fart jokes are all well and good but SP's genius lies in over-stepping boundaries intelligently, too.

Keep pushing the envelope, don't let these guys keep winning.

Best wishes - a dejected |South Park fan
Re: LAME :C PostMon Sep 26, 2011 12:26 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
All twelve, internationally-broadcast episodes from South Park’s 14th season are packed into this exclusive three-disc set.

If you didn't see "201" in your country, you aren't going to get "200" or "201" on DVD. Sorry.

From now on, get the R1 copy. And tell these guys about it
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: LAME :C PostMon Sep 26, 2011 12:39 pm Offline
Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:10 am2
Understood.

However, what I really objected to was that even the back blurb merely states 'all episodes from South Park's notorious 14th season'.

Unlike the other box sets there's no mention of how many episodes the set actually contains.

Hardcore fans know that Trey and Matt typically make 14 per season; all the other box sets state that figure, why did this release not state '12 episodes'?

Also, the broadcasting issue is probably not the real reason for this omission; more likely that Region 2 releases include the Middle East.

So I understand somewhat why this decision has been made, but full transparency would've been nice.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 3 posts