Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 15 posts
Get an auto play option!!!! PostThu Jan 26, 2012 1:17 am Offline
Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:05 pm5
Why dont you guys put in an autoplay like hulu so i can put on multiple episodes with out having to press play for a new episode?.. It gets annoying when ive got my computer plugged into my tv and i have to go to my computer to start the next episode.
Re: Get an auto play option!!!! PostThu Jan 26, 2012 1:39 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Oh, QQ more :cry: Sheesh, it's a simple click. Get a wireless mouse, it's not that hard.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: Get an auto play option!!!! PostThu Jan 26, 2012 9:10 am Offline
Hard to use a wireless mouse from the couch with no mousepad.. you invent one that works on my knee and ill be your first customer genius. :D
Re: Get an auto play option!!!! PostThu Jan 26, 2012 11:34 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
just grab a book or thick magazine, or a notepad and use your mouse on that.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Get an auto play option!!!! PostThu Jan 26, 2012 11:42 am Offline
Or just use the couch cushions, or your thigh, since optical mice will work on just about any surface. I've literally used my bent knee as a little mousepad.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: Get an auto play option!!!! PostThu Jan 26, 2012 2:51 pm Offline
adding an option to just click once and have it continuously play is cheaper and easier than me buying a wireless mouse, the fact that this site would have that option would just make the site better.. i dont see how anyone could argue that.......
Re: Get an auto play option!!!! PostThu Jan 26, 2012 3:24 pm Offline
rickcartmen2012 wrote:
adding an option to just click once and have it continuously play is cheaper and easier than me buying a wireless mouse...

You clearly know nothing about programming. The time and money it would take for a programmer to rewrite the code for the video player FAR exceeds what it would cost you to go to the office supply store and drop $18 on a mouse. It might be slightly easier for you, but it would not be easier for the programmer or the staff that would need to deal with your entitlement issues.
Quote:
the fact that this site would have that option would just make the site better.. i dont see how anyone could argue that.......

I find autoplay irritating. I like being able to decide which episode I'm going to watch next without having to wait for the next auto-played page to load. I don't think it would improve the site. There, there's my argument.
If you're so gung-ho for autoplay, buy the DVDs. They have a 'play all' option.
Re: Get an auto play option!!!! PostThu Jan 26, 2012 3:43 pm Offline
You clearly know nothing about the budget this website has.. not to mention if you look at hulu's auto play option you can turn it off... this is a minor improvement that my roommate, who is a CSE major, could write tomorrow... this is an EXTREMELY minor fix to an even smaller problem.. I just thought this would be something the head of the website might see and take into consideration wireless mouse or not I would still put the auto play on and i feel many others would do the same. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean others dont agree with me having the OPTION to choose it would only make this site better.. i still cant believe this addition to the website would come with such scrutiny.
Re: Get an auto play option!!!! PostThu Jan 26, 2012 10:09 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
rickcartmen2012 wrote:
i still cant believe this addition to the website would come with such scrutiny.

Remember this next time you want to suggest another addition. :lol:

As for the guys who actually make sure the site works, maybe they'll add something like this someday, maybe not. PM BearyBear about it. :)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Get an auto play option!!!! PostFri Jan 27, 2012 3:31 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Siig and MicroGear make wireless keyboards with built-in track pads for under $50 by the way.
But yeah, it'd be nice if there was a playlist or "shuffle" option on the player.
Re: Get an auto play option!!!! PostFri Jan 27, 2012 3:33 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Oh, well... Adult Swim has autoplay on their player, and it gets annoying. So I only want it here if there's a way to turn it off.
Re: Get an auto play option!!!! PostFri Jan 27, 2012 3:49 pm Offline
rickcartmen2012 wrote:
You clearly know nothing about the budget this website has..

It's not about the budget. You're claim that it's "cheaper and easier" to reprogram a video player than it is to buy a wireless mouse is patently false. Even if it's something your roommate could "write tomorrow," it would cost more than twenty bucks. Ask this roomate what he would charge to completely rewrite a website's video player. If he has any desire to ever live off his schooling, he will charge double-digits per hour. Ask him how long it would take, as well. I would bet my bank account that it would take much longer than a fifteen-minute trip to an office supply store. Ergo, not cheaper, and not easier.
Quote:
i still cant believe this addition to the website would come with such scrutiny.

Well, when you start banging around and yelling your (unnecessary) demands instead of making a polite mention of something, you should expect some level of scrutiny, and mentions of why your demands might not be reasonable. The player works. They generously offer us nearly every episode of South Park for free. This site deserves our gratitude.
Re: Get an auto play option!!!! PostSat Jan 28, 2012 2:16 am Offline
As if requesting and autoplay option is unreasonable.. your ridiculous ive been a fan since 1999 i love everything about what they stand for and everything this website embodies.. It just makes sense to add an auto play option, its hilarious that you think the OPTION to have an autoplay is a bad idea.. but to each his own apparently you are all knowing and this site is perfect, by the way he said he would do it for me for free.
New feature - Queue episodes PostWed Feb 08, 2012 2:54 pm Offline
Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:46 pm1
I miss the function to be able to queue episodes in a playlist. I hate to get of the couch to start another episode :D
Re: Get an auto play option!!!! PostThu Apr 05, 2012 6:54 pm Offline
Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:34 am1
rickcartmen2012 wrote:
Hard to use a wireless mouse from the couch with no mousepad.. you invent one that works on my knee and ill be your first customer genius. :D

get a mouse pad

rickcartmen2012 wrote:

my couch works juuuust fine with my wireless mouse

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 15 posts