Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 4 posts
Advertisement is BLOWING my ears!! PostSun Mar 25, 2012 4:52 pm Offline
Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:36 pm2
plz guys could you ask your damn brazilian representatives to for god's sake edit/master/whatever their regional advertisements sound at a reasonable volume because i just can't take it!

i'm watching to past seasons' episodes this week but 3 times per episode there's this charlie sheen roast ad in portuguese that literally BLOWS my speakers waking up every fcking soul from hell and beyond and i have to jump from my bed to get to the pc as fast as i can and mute it, but it's not enough because the ad comes with no warning and the first thing i hear is a male voice YELLING LOUDER THAN SATAN HIMSELF WOULD YELL IF HE SAW HIS MOTHER BEING BANGED BY A TRUCK DRIVER and i just want to kill the announcer but i can't, which makes me even more upset.

actually, sometimes i'm out of things to do and think with myself "yay, let's watch some oldies", but as soon as the stream starts, i hear the son of a bitch SCREAMING at me and i'm just like "oh no, the annoying ad, nonono, can't take it, gonna watch some simpsons"

i know it's not your fault. brazilian office is to blame. FIRE THEM!

thanks
Re: Advertisement is BLOWING my ears!! PostSun Mar 25, 2012 11:54 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
This has been answered somewhere in the FAQ section; there's nothing that can be done at the Studios end.

But, Gonira, there are a few things you might try.

Do you have AdBlock installed?

Also, as the progress bar moves while you watch the episode, watch as a commercial break is about to happen. Then lower your sound or mute it right away. It's only a 22 minute show with at least 3 commercial breaks in the 22 minutes. Try AdBlock and muting the commercials before they start.

But as for your request that the commercials by default be lower in volume, that has been an issue for years and it is what it is - loud. At least the episodes are streamed to us for free :)
Re: Advertisement is BLOWING my ears!! PostMon Mar 26, 2012 6:37 am Offline
Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:36 pm2
never heard about this adblock. i'm gonna have a try. thank you man.
Re: Advertisement is BLOWING my ears!! PostWed Apr 25, 2012 11:49 am Offline
Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:41 am4
You should get the free addon Adblock Plus. It works like a charm!

Gonira wrote:
plz guys could you ask your damn brazilian representatives to for god's sake edit/master/whatever their regional advertisements sound at a reasonable volume because i just can't take it!

i'm watching to past seasons' episodes this week but 3 times per episode there's this charlie sheen roast ad in portuguese that literally BLOWS my speakers waking up every fcking soul from hell and beyond and i have to jump from my bed to get to the pc as fast as i can and mute it, but it's not enough because the ad comes with no warning and the first thing i hear is a male voice YELLING LOUDER THAN SATAN HIMSELF WOULD YELL IF HE SAW HIS MOTHER BEING BANGED BY A TRUCK DRIVER and i just want to kill the announcer but i can't, which makes me even more upset.

actually, sometimes i'm out of things to do and think with myself "yay, let's watch some oldies", but as soon as the stream starts, i hear the son of a bitch SCREAMING at me and i'm just like "oh no, the annoying ad, nonono, can't take it, gonna watch some simpsons"

i know it's not your fault. brazilian office is to blame. FIRE THEM!

thanks

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 4 posts