Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 17 249 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
"San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostWed Oct 06, 2010 11:01 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
I've been through a lot of weird, funny, and serious moments in my life, and lately I've decided to 'recreate' many of those moments in a 'comic strip' of sorts to show people the weird, fun, and strange life I live. I've done my best to recreate each moment as accurately as I can, word for word.

The plot isn't continuous; each strip will feature a funny, serious, or strange event or occurrence that happened in my lifetime. If I remember the date it happened, it will be mentioned in the first box of each strip, which will also introduce characters if they haven't been previously introduced.

Obviously, the comic strip series will star myself. Friends, family members, co-workers, etc., like myself, will be presented in the form of South Park-based characters which I've tried to make look as much like the real people as possible with the tools I have. Though I will be using the actual names of my friends, family, co-workers, etc., last names won't be mentioned for privacy reasons.

The backgrounds are photographs I took of the actual local locations where the events actually occurred.

This is the 'title screen', which I made entirely in Microsoft Word except for my avatar:

I've completed a couple strips, but I'll just post the first one for now. If it catches on here on the BBS, I may post the rest. We'll see.

This happened a couple months ago. It should give you an idea of how weird and eccentric my co-workers are. I work with about 15 other people - all of them guys, most of them in their 20s and 30s - and we constantly play jokes on eachother.

Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostWed Oct 06, 2010 11:21 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Cool. Looking forward to see what you make :)

And yes, I do know the way to San Jose :P
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostWed Oct 06, 2010 11:29 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18776I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostWed Oct 06, 2010 11:32 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostWed Oct 06, 2010 11:54 pm Offline
No, I know that. The strip made me say "what", and laugh.
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostThu Oct 07, 2010 12:26 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
That's cool as hell. Great artwork and funny in a sort of "I can relate" to that kind of moment where you're the observer of a bizarre moment among your colleagues.

btw, JPG compression is your friend.
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostThu Oct 07, 2010 3:59 pm Offline
Pip Tweek wrote:
That's cool as hell. Great artwork and funny in a sort of "I can relate" to that kind of moment where you're the observer of a bizarre moment among your colleagues.

btw, JPG compression is your friend.

JPG compression and I are bitter enemies. It worked for a little while, but his consistent blurriness and quality reduction meant the sour end of our relationship. :P
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostFri Oct 08, 2010 8:15 pm Offline
I've finished strip number two. It's a three-parter. It happened almost exactly four years ago. It was life-changing for me, but it could have been too much worse.

Toby's doing fine today. I hung out with him not too long ago. And our friend Kenny still has no idea. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Niels0827 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostFri Oct 08, 2010 11:14 pm Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am560
Das ist tits. An autobiography made into a comic strip. I'm not sure I got the joke of the first "episode," but I'm pretty sure I like the idea.

And about the second oneā€¦ So you finally decided to give away the secret, huh? But what if Kenny comes here and sees it? What if I'm Kennyyy? :twisted:

All right, I'm not Kenny. :P Keep going!
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostSat Oct 09, 2010 5:56 am Offline
VACOOLA wrote:
Das ist tits. An autobiography made into a comic strip. I'm not sure I got the joke of the first "episode," but I'm pretty sure I like the idea.

There isn't anything to get there - that's why it was so funny to me. It was 100% random. That's how my co-workers are. I could be in the warehouse pulling products from the shelves and all of the sudden one of my co-workers will make an extremely loud moan like he's having an orgasm. We're a very unusual group of people.
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostTue Oct 12, 2010 9:59 pm Offline
I just finished work on the third strip. It's a two-parter depicting an awkward moment I had in 2007.

Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostWed Oct 13, 2010 6:13 am Offline
Heh, bear trap moment.
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostWed Oct 13, 2010 7:07 pm Offline
Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:42 pm545Elsewhere
I just read all three of them and I must say my already-tremendous amount of respect for you has grown after looking at the second and third comics. I'm so glad your friend is still alive and well and has people like you for support. :) Plus it speaks volumes about your character and how trustworthy you are.

Also, the third strip hit home because diabetes runs in my family. My sister has Type I and my dad had Type II so I can't say I know exactly how you feel, but I have an idea of what it's like to monitor your blood glucose on a regular basis and what sorts of health issues they may bring. On a less serious note, nice transition to your professor's face!

You made that entire title screen on Word? WOW! I'd have never had the patience to draw all of those windows, or those stars and fireflies at that :P

Looking forward to more! :mrgreen:
Illegitimi non carborundum.
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostSat Oct 16, 2010 7:06 pm Offline
Blue Twilight wrote:
I just read all three of them and I must say my already-tremendous amount of respect for you has grown after looking at the second and third comics. I'm so glad your friend is still alive and well and has people like you for support. :) Plus it speaks volumes about your character and how trustworthy you are.

BT, you're too sweet. Thanks. :mrgreen:

I just finished number four. Here it is:

Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostSat Oct 16, 2010 8:18 pm Offline
Tap that hard son! :lol:

Sort by  
Page 1 of 17 249 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next