Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 17 of 17 249 posts Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostTue Apr 17, 2012 8:09 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
John_117 wrote:
Your comic needs more asians - because there are many asians in San Jose.

San Jose does have lots of Asians. But more than half the Asians in the city live in the northern and eastern parts of the city. I live in 95124, which is predominantly white, along with nearby 95125. The suburbs of Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, and Cupertino on the northwest and Milpitas on the northeast have substantially more Asians proportional to their populations. The suburbs I'm closest to are Campbell and Los Gatos, where I lived for 13 years. They doesn't have very many Asians at all, but nearby Saratoga has more.
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostThu Apr 19, 2012 7:02 pm Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
Niels0827 wrote:
John_117 wrote:
Your comic needs more asians - because there are many asians in San Jose.

San Jose does have lots of Asians. But more than half the Asians in the city live in the northern and eastern parts of the city. I live in 95124, which is predominantly white, along with nearby 95125. The suburbs of Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, and Cupertino on the northwest and Milpitas on the northeast have substantially more Asians proportional to their populations. The suburbs I'm closest to are Campbell and Los Gatos, where I lived for 13 years. They doesn't have very many Asians at all, but nearby Saratoga has more.

I was born in San Jose, but where I come from, it's an asian fest. I guess it's because I haven't really set foot in the western part of San Jose.

Ever been to Tully? That place is a nightmare to drive through.
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostThu Apr 19, 2012 7:21 pm Offline
Tully, the neighborhood? A few times, but not frequently. That's all the way on the east side where it's mostly Mexicans, Salvadoreans, Portuguese, Filipinos, and Chinese. It's pretty far away from me and there really isn't anything over there.

If you're referring to Tully Road, I barely drive on that, though it does become Curtner Avenue once it reaches the western part of the city, and I drive on Curtner all the time, though usually not past CA-87.

And yes...the south-southwestern part of San Jose is pretty much honkeyville. Nothing but whites, with a few Hispanics and Asians here and there, but not many.
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostThu Apr 19, 2012 10:20 pm Offline
Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:50 pm562
San Jose never has anything interesting happen. It is a big behemoth of 1 million+ people with no crime or strange happenings. It is a great place to live thanks to that, but you will rarely see anything interesting like drug addicts bent over a cop's hood being searched, or coroner vans and police tape around a murder scene. I seriously am amazed at how close it is to Oakland and to a lesser extent Stockton yet has the crime of a European city.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostSun Apr 22, 2012 10:21 am Offline
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostSun Apr 22, 2012 8:48 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
I can relate to that last one
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostWed Apr 25, 2012 8:51 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2272Croatia (SE Europe)
You miss elementary school? I don't. I don't miss my childhood at all. Not that it was bad, I just didn't like being a child.
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostWed Apr 25, 2012 4:46 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I was by my old Elementary last weekend because the church next door has a 2nd Monday Trade Days (flea market). It always saddens me to see that they took out the old metal jungle gym and monkey bars that had probably been there since the 60's. Those were awesome. The whole playground used to be pretty good, actually. They had the best and biggest mix of new and old equipment of any of the schools around. And it took up about an acre of the grounds too. Then a couple of years ago they pulled it all out and put in this little set on about a 20x20 patch of the field. :? Hell, it's hard for me to get nostalgic about any of my old schools because they've changed so much since I was there.
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostWed Apr 25, 2012 5:02 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1436in a secret underground bunker

The first real year of my memory, and frankly its still a scattered year with me.

I was 5. I didn't go to Kidnergarden, I went to SNAP (Special Needs Program-kinda like preschool/kidnergraden mix). I also took a trip to visit my cousins in Virginia (2nd time ever there) who had moved there about 2 1/2 years before.

I remember watching TV shows from that date (usually news or primetime programs)....probably my favorite show during that year was Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? Yes I was a little bit before my time.

a lot happened to me in 1994....but that is for another day. Also, I don't even remember what my elementry school mascot was. I know middle school we were the wolves...and High School the "astros" (looong story) :P I had a lot of memories at both places (SNAP and my elementary school. A lot has changed, and a lot hasn't. I guess it's just time.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.

Sort by  
Page 17 of 17 249 posts Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17