Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 16 of 17 249 posts Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostFri Sep 09, 2011 5:22 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1434in a secret underground bunker
First off, I miss your comics and I was bored. I wanted to have a little fun at your expense, but apparently you have the ability to be very mundane. I'm sorry if I cannot try to be humorous around someone who is too straight like yourself. :(

Second...weird text messages? Dude I haven't sent you a text message since your birthday! You must have the wrong number or somethin. The only person who I send weird text messages to now is Shane because at least he tries to understand (to the best of my knowledge) where my sense of humor comes from.

I realize that my humor doesn't always come out the way it should and that people can misinterpret the meaning. That's probably why people thought I was so funny that I won $200 at a "last comic standing" contest at my school last year :mrgreen:

Look, I think that you just need time to re-evaulate what you believe are the important things in your life. You obviously are on the wrong side of the road right now, and you just have to pick yourself up and turn around and get back on track. I am hopeful that when you do so, you will write more comics again, start talking to the people who really do care for you, and begin to be that person lost inside. I'm not giving up hope unless you do. That is the time when all hope will truly be lost.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostFri Mar 02, 2012 6:31 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostFri Mar 02, 2012 7:31 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Glad to see "San Jose" has made a triumphant return :)
Last edited by zzyzx 1 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostFri Mar 02, 2012 9:14 pm Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2270Croatia (SE Europe)
Yay! San Jose's back! :D
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostSat Mar 03, 2012 7:59 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostSat Mar 03, 2012 10:40 am Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
If people are parted from their money this easy, i find it hard not to snigger at them, as I do at your 'prayer face'

Good to see you can make strips after you died :I
Zombie niles can draw braaaains :I
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostSat Mar 03, 2012 2:25 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
You know, this is way better than any Blogging or Twitterizing you could do.

...I never thought of it before, but dead Nils reminds me of the kid in the apartment in The Sixth Sense who shot himself while playing with his Dad's gun.
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostSat Mar 03, 2012 6:49 pm Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm263
Niels, I've always enjoyed your work, especially your work on deviantART it's really funny!
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostSat Mar 03, 2012 9:47 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
BRMBug wrote:
You know, this is way better than any Blogging or Twitterizing you could do.

...I never thought of it before, but dead Nils reminds me of the kid in the apartment in The Sixth Sense who shot himself while playing with his Dad's gun.

I see a future in political cartoons for him, seriously.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostMon Mar 12, 2012 9:37 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2270Croatia (SE Europe)
BRMBug wrote:

That was the first thing that poped to my mind when I saw it. Seriously.
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostMon Mar 12, 2012 12:21 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
Niels0827 wrote:

I got a good laugh out at the end. The whole thing was amusing, though.

I couldn't help being reminded of Advice God.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/fhy/
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostTue Mar 13, 2012 2:08 am Offline
Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:50 pm561
Is this the biggest media entity about San Jose, be it print, radio, or television? I know "Do you know the way to San Jose" and all, but still. For a city of a million people, it sure is under the radar. Even my sh*tty city that i full of crime and poverty has a show based in and around it. (Sons of Anarchy)

San Jose deserves more!
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostWed Mar 14, 2012 7:16 pm Offline
Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:24 pm7
I have just spent thirty minuites reading this thread. It was worth it; my opinion for using stories from your own life in cartoon is high. Especially since I do recognize many of these events in my own life, being a diabetic type-1 myself and having known some people who actually crossed the border to go aboard Charons' ferry. It is always a unfathomable dark experience as these people in a period of life were in your vicinity, be it in school or in the neighbourhood, a part of life just gone.
That said, I also enjoyed the humoristic strips. Life has its components and isn't just a straight line but more of a spiral where there some stretches are more weights on some parts of the line than on others.

I do hope Niels that you'll continue with your cartoon work, or any other form of creative action, as you seem have a knack for story telling.
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostTue Apr 17, 2012 8:36 am Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
Scavanger wrote:
I have just spent thirty minuites reading this thread. It was worth it; my opinion for using stories from your own life in cartoon is high. Especially since I do recognize many of these events in my own life, being a diabetic type-1 myself and having known some people who actually crossed the border to go aboard Charons' ferry. It is always a unfathomable dark experience as these people in a period of life were in your vicinity, be it in school or in the neighbourhood, a part of life just gone.
That said, I also enjoyed the humoristic strips. Life has its components and isn't just a straight line but more of a spiral where there some stretches are more weights on some parts of the line than on others.

I do hope Niels that you'll continue with your cartoon work, or any other form of creative action, as you seem have a knack for story telling.

Thank you, very much. I'm sorry I hadn't seen your comment until now. I do plan on releasing another one in the next few days. I'm working on it now but need some additional time to take the photographs I need (and to find some from many years ago).

I'm glad you and several others enjoy them. Admittedly, some of them are filler quality; they just suck. That's what happens when I run out of ideas. Because I base each one off of a real story, take photos of the actual locations where they happened, use sprites of actual friends, family, and people in my life, etc. I often run into dead ends. I'm not willing to create a fictional comic strip because it would lose its meaning. More than anything, they're meant to show people who I am, what I deal with, and what goes through my mind, so I'm really thrilled when people tell me they can relate to them. I'm hoping to achieve that specifically with my next one.
Re: "San Jose" - A South Park-Based Comic Strip PostTue Apr 17, 2012 6:37 pm Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
Your comic needs more asians - because there are many asians in San Jose.

Sort by  
Page 16 of 17 249 posts Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next