Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 50 of 50 749 posts Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostTue Dec 31, 2013 1:35 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5689The Mormon Homeland
Looks like a couple of us have teams to root for this post-season.

Seattle locked in the NFC #1 seed; really important for a team that plays that well at home.
Carolina snuck into the #2 when no one was looking.
Dallas proved they can lose in December no matter who's taking snaps so it's the Eagles hosting the Saints.
Last, but not least, it's a week 1 rematch, but this time, in the cold as Green Bay hosts the Niners.

Really is amazing that the Packers made the playoffs without having Aaron Rodgers for two months. I can't thank Chicago and Detroit enough for sucking so much.

Is anyone going to beat Denver in the AFC? I don't think so. The fact that Eli Manning is the one with two rings has been a disturbance in The Force that cannot continue. San Diego, Cincinnati, Kansas City and Indy are all just cannon fodder. Unlike many a previous AFC playoff game, Manning has the upper hand in a potential matchup against Brady and the Pats.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostSun Jan 05, 2014 2:22 pm Offline
Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:53 pm303
So its 5°F in Green Bay right now at kick off (feels like -10°F they say), but here in SoCal we're watching the game where it's 74°F, a little chilly for us :mrgreen:

Go 49ers :)

=================
/off topic

I just noticed that the OP of this thread last posted anywhere on this BBS on 8/18/2006 :o
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostSun Jan 05, 2014 10:04 pm Offline
zzyzx 2 wrote:
Go 49ers :)

Ah, f*ck you bastards...

Good games this weekend, from an objective point of view.
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostSun Jan 19, 2014 9:36 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
If you were to go back thirty years and say that one day, the Seahawks and the Broncos would face each other in the Super Bowl, those people would laugh at you and call you whatever insults that came to mind.

Because the two teams were division rivals from 1977 through 2001.

But here we are, and that's the set up for the big game two weeks from now!
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostFri Jan 24, 2014 10:34 am Offline
Man, I completely forgot that the Seahawks used to be in the AFC.

I'm rooting for snow during the Super Bowl. And then none of the equipment works during the halftime show. That'll show those idiots for doing it outdoors in the Northeast.

If they can hold the Super Bowl in New York, then why not Foxboro or Cleveland or even Green Bay? Fuck it, let's have one in Toronto; or at Wembly! Let's combine all of Roger Godell's worst ideas into one! Outdoor Super Bowl in London; c;mon Godell, you know you want to!

On the plus side, since Super Bowl tickets are only for rich people, at least I can laugh at them freezing their expensive little behinds. :twisted:
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostThu Jan 30, 2014 11:54 pm Offline
^ How's the weather, richer? :lol: Couldn't resist!

I know I had put this up in my art thread, but in anticipation of the upcoming game, I just HAD to put it here as well:

Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostSun Feb 02, 2014 8:57 pm Offline
Hey, guys! Sorry for the double-post, but I just couldn't help but say it:

SEAHAWKS 43
BRONCOS 8

Super Bowl Champs for the first time, and man, does it feel great!
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostTue Feb 04, 2014 7:04 pm Offline
I can't believe how lopsided that game was. As a football fan without a dog in the fight, it quickly became sad and uninteresting. High point of the entire night was the yogurt commercial with John Stamos. :lol:
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostWed Feb 05, 2014 7:05 pm Offline
triplemultiplex wrote:
I can't believe how lopsided that game was. As a football fan without a dog in the fight, it quickly became sad and uninteresting. High point of the entire night was the yogurt commercial with John Stamos. :lol:

To be fair, if it weren't for that bad snap on the first play, I think Denver would have had a bit more momentum, and it probably would have been a closer game.

Sometimes, it doesn't take much to suck the wind out of a team's sails. Trust me on this one; look at what Seattle has to go through in baseball!

:lol:
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostMon Feb 10, 2014 10:31 am Offline
Winter Olympics, eh?

Since other channels have decided to take these couple weeks off, I guess I'll watch people slide down hills and whatnot.
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostThu Mar 27, 2014 9:59 pm Offline
Holy crap! The Dayton Flyers are ROASTING in the brackets right now! First they beat Ohio State, then Syracuse (who were already on the downslide, but regardless...), and now they've taken down Stanford!

Think they'll get any further?
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostFri Mar 28, 2014 12:21 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18790I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
triplemultiplex wrote:
Winter Olympics, eh?

Since other channels have decided to take these couple weeks off, I guess I'll watch people slide down hills and whatnot.

I just realized that you could probably look out your window and see that.
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostSun Mar 30, 2014 11:54 am Offline
BRMBug wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:
Winter Olympics, eh?

I just realized that you could probably look out your window and see that.

Vestiges of the '02 games are all around me. Pretty sure this hockey arena a few doors down was built for them.
Two greatest legacies that I have observed:
Salt Lake City has an outstanding mass transit system.
Laws about the sale of alcohol are less sh*tty than they were before the Olympics.

Used to be that bars needed to function as "membership clubs" like it's fuckin' Costco; a pointless exercise that made it inconvenient for out of state residents to duck in and grab a drink. They're still stuck with 3.2 beer. That part sucks. All your tap beers are of the low octane variety. But at least I don't need a "membership".

In other sports news, Wisconsin is in the Final Four! 8) 8)
Frank Kaminsky is the man!
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostFri Apr 04, 2014 1:23 pm Offline
Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:40 am9Northeastern France
Since i am French i f*cking don't care about every damn American sport.

But i love the Ligue 1 and the Champions League :mrgreen:
I f*cking love South Park dudes
Proud NOT-SURRENDERING French
Also Eurovision Fan

Sort by  
Page 50 of 50 749 posts Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50