Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 48 of 50 749 posts Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostWed Aug 15, 2012 4:21 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
Perfect game for Felix Hernandez!
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/seat ... ays-081512

Seattle is now 2-1 in no-hit games this year.
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostFri Oct 26, 2012 11:32 am Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Man I can't believe how well the Giants are playing in the World Series so far. The Tigers have talent coming out of their eyeballs. But the best pitcher in the majors gets shelled in game 1 and the first triple crown winner in like 35 years is stone cold at the plate. Maybe playing at home will kick them in the ass a little.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostSat Oct 27, 2012 9:07 pm Offline
triplemultiplex wrote:
Man I can't believe how well the Giants are playing in the World Series so far. The Tigers have talent coming out of their eyeballs. But the best pitcher in the majors gets shelled in game 1 and the first triple crown winner in like 35 years is stone cold at the plate. Maybe playing at home will kick them in the ass a little.

The sooner the ass-kicking the better; they're on the verge of getting swept!

:shock:
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostMon Oct 29, 2012 2:31 am Offline
Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:11 pm155
It's unfortunate for Detroit. The NL is just too good right now over the last few years. They're owning the All Star game, and that really matters for home field advantage. At least the Yankees were embarrassed in the playoffs.

The Patriots today RIPPED apart the Rams today. 45 unanswered points in a 45-7 blowout. Today's why I love the Patriots. Perfection.

Wow, the Cowboys can NOT catch a freaking break. No team in any sport loses more heartbreaking than they do. They were down 23-0, dead in the water, no prayer for them and were a FINGER from winning the game. Aw dang, but I have no idea why the refs picked up that obvious pass interference flag in the fourth quarter. Oh, wait, yes I do, it's the stinking New York Giants. The Steelers of the NFC, always relying on the officials to bail them out of blowing a game. Every time. The two play each other next week, I wonder who the refs will favor. Speaking of the Steelers, for the love of humanity, keep those uniforms you wore today in your closet. There's a reason teams changed uniforms.

Been a LONG time since I posted here, so I got one thing left to say: Fire Bettman! Drop the PUCK!!
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostMon Oct 29, 2012 1:09 pm Offline
raidpirate52 wrote:
Speaking of the Steelers, for the love of humanity, keep those uniforms you wore today in your closet. There's a reason teams changed uniforms.

Seriously!
And I thought the Tampa Bay creamsicle was the worst uniforms ever. Those bumble bee uni's looked like a group of prison inmates from 1890 doing children's ballet!

I stayed up for the end of the World Series. I guess they don't have to worry about the weather for tonight now. The Tigers just couldn't hit their way out of a paper bag. Especially the big boys, Cabrera and Fielder. Shit, I think Prince had one fucking hit all series. So much for living vicariously through him as a substitute for last year.

Well there's always next year. Nicely done Giants, you got hot at exactly the right time.
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostMon Nov 19, 2012 3:42 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
^^ Yeah, they wore again 'em last night. (But you already knew that. lol) Anyway, they're throwback unis from when they were known as the Pittsburgh (football) Pirates. This was back in the '30s.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostThu Jan 10, 2013 4:57 pm Offline
Well, some interesting stuff going on at the moment: The NHL is looking to launch what's left of its season on the 19th, and in basketball, the deal to try and bring the Sacramento Kings to Seattle for next season (the next new SuperSonics) was trying to be finalized yesterday.

Still no official word on the latter part. ESPN says it was still being worked on, while MSNnow said it was declined. Someone may have jumped the gun on that one.
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostMon Jan 14, 2013 6:33 am Offline
Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:53 pm303
Looking forward to going to L.A. Dodgers games this year. The new owners are pouring millions and millions of dollars into the 50 years old stadium for a better fan experience 8)

Among the changes (which will be ready for March exposition games) are new scoreboards in HD at 1080, aisles double wide, bigger (and nicer and cleaner) bathrooms, full cell services throughout the stadium (cell service has always been bad there), and now FREE WI-FI for fans everywhere in the stadium :D

So your devices can use wi-fi and not use your own data plan on 3G or 4G if you like 8)

And the Dodger Dogs - more locations to buy them, and as this is California where BBQ is King, more places for these grilled dogs in all parts of the stadium :yum:

Go Dodger Blue!
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostThu Jan 17, 2013 3:20 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Nothing will ever make me be a Dodgers fan! It's just fun to hate on a team at times lol.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostThu Apr 18, 2013 1:54 pm Offline
Bumping the sports thread for baseball season. :D

It's been a slow, injury marred start for Milwaukee, but they managed to sweep the defending champs this week. I tell you, that roof is paying for itself once again this season. The shitty weather is causing the other teams in this part of the continent to miss a lot of games.

One of my favorite parts about April baseball is the crazy-sounding statistics in certain categories. Things like batting average and ERA are of course averages and with so few games played they can swing around wildly. So when a guy comes out with a .500 average and gets K'ed on three pitches, I'm all like, "Yeah, way to regress toward the mean!"
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostMon Apr 22, 2013 7:13 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
The Brewers seem to be having some bullpen trouble. Then again, my Astros aren't doing very well either. :cry:
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostWed Apr 24, 2013 2:58 pm Offline
Now it seems like they've got their shit together. Pitching is improving, the bottom of the order is hitting well and Ryan Braun is Ryan Braun. The Brew Crew is on a 9 game winning streak going into today. They even swept the defending champs.

Since my last update to this thread, our best pitcher, Yovanni Gallardo, was picked up for DUI. On a Monday night. :?
But this is Wisconsin, the state with the softest penalties for a first time OWI. :oops:
His next start, though, he pitched great and hit a fucking home run! Go figure.
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostTue May 07, 2013 10:21 pm Offline
So the Giants swept the Dodgers in San Francisco. Nevertheless, a Dodger Fan, who is dying from cancer, got to meet Dodger Matt Kemp! Read this story and watch the video. It was a very nice thing to do; the fan has less that a month and a half to live (cancer):

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/22189865/d ... ns-applaud
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostThu May 09, 2013 12:15 pm Offline
Speaking of the Bay Area, the new stadium in Santa Clara, California (home of the '49er) will be called: Levi Strauss Stadium! Given the historic gold rush connection, this seems to be a match made in P.R. heaven!

Levi came to the bay area to sell tents made out of his denim during the gold rush of 1849. Levi made his money when he changed from tents to jeans as they were more durable for the miners being made out of tent material.
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostThu May 09, 2013 1:24 pm Offline
A move to Santa Clara will make the Niners even more of a "Bay Area" team and bolster my case to send the Raiders back to LA again, rather than robbing some other market of their only team.

Sort by  
Page 48 of 50 749 posts Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next