Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 49 of 50 749 posts Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostWed May 15, 2013 5:17 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostFri May 31, 2013 6:35 am Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
It's the last day of the month and my Brewers have only won 5 times this month. That's a franchise record, beating the old mark set in 1969 when they were the Seattle Pilots. :evil:

Can't really blame it on injuries; Corey Hart isn't going to be able to stop this free fall.

Pitching has been terribly inconsistent. The old closer sucks now for some reason. The new closer is hurt. The two decent arms (Gallardo & Lohse) either struggle or get no run support.

Rickie Weeks just plain sucks. The only reason he's not playing ball in Nashville is there's no one to call up and replace him. Which brings me to my next problem; no bench. Not enough decent bats to pinch hit late in games. Biggest mistake may have been not picking up a first basemen off of someone's scrap heap for the spring. The two guys the Crew has were injured and you knew it going into the season, but instead of getting a halfway decent guy to fill in for a couple months, they've got a mediocre shortstop playing 1st.

On top of all that, the bats have gone really cold. Even Braun is struggling at the plate recently.

The one bright spot has been shortstop Jean Segura. He is tearing it up. The Brewers picked him up last year from the Angels in exchange for Zach Grienke and Jean has been kicking ass this season. If we had Segura in '011 instead of Bettencourt, the Brewers would've been World Champs. That always seems to happen when teams trade old pitching for young bats; the bats light it up on their new team.

There's more than any of you cared to know about one MLB team. ;)
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostWed Jun 05, 2013 6:10 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
In light of Jason Kidd retiring, let's take a look at his short-lived musical career.
http://usave.it/media/rec-3r0bbg4hJSTz60pIWF2M.mp3
(starts around 2:57)
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostThu Jun 13, 2013 3:49 pm Offline
BRMBug wrote:
In light of Jason Kidd retiring, let's take a look at his short-lived musical career.
http://usave.it/media/rec-3r0bbg4hJSTz60pIWF2M.mp3
(starts around 2:57)

Busy week for Kidd, really. Retires, becomes the new coach for the Brooklyn Nets, now up for DWI charges.

MAN, that first game in the Stanley Cup Finals was something else! Chicago came roaring back from two goals down, forced overtime, scored in TRIPLE-OT to win it, 4-3!

This Boston/Chicago matchup marks the first Cup meeting for two Original Six teams since 1979, when Montreal beat the NY Rangers.

As for what "Original Six" means, here's an explanation:

In the early years of the NHL, many teams came and went, but the first six to enter the league and STAY are of interest here:

Montreal Canadiens, 1917 - first year of the NHL
Toronto Maple Leafs, 1917
Boston Bruins, 1924
Chicago Blackhawks, 1926
Detroit Red Wings, 1926
New York Rangers, 1926

At one point, from 1942 to 1967, they were the ONLY teams playing in the NHL, which adds to the significance.
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostThu Jul 04, 2013 11:27 pm Offline
AngusMcTavish wrote:
It's official: The NBA hates Seattle.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/owne ... tle-051513

Looks like the NHL gave us the snub, too. Tuesday was the due date for the Phoenix Coyotes and whether they'd get a new arena deal to stay in town. If it were to have been turned down, we were likely to get them. Alas, the arena had passed.

There's a guy who bought a huge tract of land in the south downtown (SODO) area, and I think it's a shame that the new arena he wanted to build there would be all for nothing.

However, I like what one person online had offered. Worst case scenario, he could just scrap the idea and make an offer for part-ownership of the Mariners. Not only could he get some cash back for the land, but the team can finally be run by someone who gives a fxxk about the team's performance.
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostMon Sep 09, 2013 3:59 pm Offline
Bump for football season.

Colin Kaepernick took my Packers to the woodshed again, this time using his arm instead of his legs. The offense was keeping pace, but that one turnover turned out to be the difference in the game. Pretty obvious the Niners are gonna be contenders this year again. Also pretty obvious that the Packers are going to have to score a lot of points this season to make up for that lackluster defense.

This early, Denver is my favorite to win it all. Should be a good season to make a Broncos reference in the show.
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostTue Sep 17, 2013 11:17 pm Offline
triplemultiplex wrote:
Bump for football season.

Colin Kaepernick took my Packers to the woodshed again, this time using his arm instead of his legs. The offense was keeping pace, but that one turnover turned out to be the difference in the game. Pretty obvious the Niners are gonna be contenders this year again. Also pretty obvious that the Packers are going to have to score a lot of points this season to make up for that lackluster defense.

This early, Denver is my favorite to win it all. Should be a good season to make a Broncos reference in the show.

If it's any consolation, 3MX, the Seahawks took care of Kaepernick in return.

It helped my fantasy team, too. I got a good 31.5 points off of Marshawn Lynch that night!
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostWed Sep 18, 2013 7:34 pm Offline
You all remember the butt fumble from last year?
Well it's 2013 and baseball sees your butt fumble and raises you one butt tag:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15L7IjGASg0

Gives poignant new meaning to the phrase, "In your face!"
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostSun Sep 22, 2013 10:24 pm Offline
Are you ready for some HOCKEY?!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frrFsXdhKZ8
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostTue Sep 24, 2013 7:55 pm Offline
Oh snap, that's not cool; leave the sticks out of it, gentlemen! Decorum dictates that hockey fights be conducted without weapons.
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostMon Sep 30, 2013 9:28 pm Offline
triplemultiplex wrote:
Oh snap, that's not cool; leave the sticks out of it, gentlemen! Decorum dictates that hockey fights be conducted without weapons.

Yeah, the stick attack WAS a bit much. Seriously, who did that guy think he was? Marty McSorley?

Look it up, hockey novices. :lol:

Saw most of the rally the Seahawks had yesterday against the Texans. What struggles they had in the first half were soon forgotten, as they came back from being down 20-3, forced overtime, and got the 45-yard field goal to win!

This puts them at 4-0 for the first time EVER!!
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostMon Nov 25, 2013 6:16 pm Offline
Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:11 pm155
Hey South Park: How about those Patriots?

I can't imagine what Trey's reaction was to seeing his Broncos blow a 24 point lead to Tom Brady and the Patriots...after mocking them this season. :lol:

Go Patriots!
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostMon Nov 25, 2013 7:18 pm Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
I watch the world cup only when my brother's around. He always invites all his friends (hilarious people) and excessive chips n' beer consumption follows with bellowing at the screen. ha, not su familiar w the teams tho.

Go Lions!
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostWed Nov 27, 2013 11:35 am Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
Lions? Do you mean Detroit or England? (Seriously, I'm kind of at a loss here.)

Anyway, the Texans are apparently the worst team in the league.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostThu Dec 05, 2013 12:53 am Offline
I seriously thought the Monday Night matchup was going to be a lot closer than what it was. Bad night for Drew Brees, for certain.

Still...ELEVEN AND ONE, MEEPS!

Sort by  
Page 49 of 50 749 posts Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next