Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 46 of 50 749 posts Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostThu Apr 05, 2012 2:14 pm Offline
Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:11 pm155
AngusMcTavish wrote:
They came up with an idea to put it up a few blocks away from Safeco Field, but Mariners' ownership had sent a letter suggesting to put it elsewhere, well away from there.

What, afraid of a little competition?

People go to Marienrs' games?
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostThu Apr 05, 2012 2:48 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Well, baseball has started up again. It's gonna take some time to get used to seeing Prince Fielder in that jersey. <sigh>

The Marlins new stadium looks interesting. The new logo & unis look kind of retro (reminds me of 1980's Astros). And the name change from "Florida" to "Miami" makes a lot of sense since there are two teams in that state now (and have been for a while.) Given how much it rains in Florida, that retractable roof makes a lot of sense. And with at least 81 games a year, baseball is the only sport where the expense of a retractable roof makes sense. A bunch of football teams have them, but they always seem to be closed during games. Seems like a waste of money to me. Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, Indy; I've never seen a game where those roofs are open.

Here in Milwaukee, we're going to try for consecutive playoff appearances for the first time since '81-'82. That's now slightly more attainable as there are now two Wild Card teams in each league starting this year. Two Wild Card Teams will play one game to see who gets to play the division winner with the best record in the Divisional Series. This makes the exciting one game playoffs we saw a couple years ago between the White Sox and the Twins an annual event in both leagues.

This is also the last season those of us in the NL Central will have to whoop up on the Houston Astros. Next year, the 'stros will become the second team in the modern era to switch leagues when they are moved from the NL Central to the AL West. It's a move that makes a lot of sense since there are 30 teams in 2 leagues and 6 divisions, so one would expect to have 5 teams in each division. But for some reason, the NL Central has had 6 teams and the AL West only has 4 teams. So in 2013, the Rangers and Astros will be in-state division rivals; something not seen outside of California.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostThu Apr 05, 2012 3:50 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1435in a secret underground bunker
hey I'm not the happiest Prince Fielder left either....I have to deal with him more often, like today.

He had a good hit against the BoSox, not a major factor but the Tigers won today 3-2. :|
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostFri Apr 06, 2012 9:46 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
raidpirate52 wrote:
AngusMcTavish wrote:
They came up with an idea to put it up a few blocks away from Safeco Field, but Mariners' ownership had sent a letter suggesting to put it elsewhere, well away from there.

What, afraid of a little competition?

People go to Marienrs' games?

Maybe not as many now. If only the owners gave more of a rip about their own team, rather than just filling up the seats...

Although they are doing okay so far tonight, up 7-2 in the 8th.
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostFri Apr 06, 2012 10:48 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Wow! Angels home opener against the Kansas City Royals: 5-0!

Go Halos :D

All 5 runs came in the 8th inning

Win/Loss percentage so far after one game: 1,000 % ;)
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostWed Apr 11, 2012 4:01 am Offline
Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:11 pm155
NHL Playoffs being TONIGHT!! :D

Let's GO BRUINS. Defend that title!!
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostMon Apr 16, 2012 12:21 am Offline
Quite a wild weekend in the hockey playoffs! A few big brawls, some great shots...
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostThu Apr 26, 2012 9:22 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
So the NFL Draft started earlier tonight. The first round is complete. Here's a recap, if you'd like to see who your favorite team took (Of course, some teams didn't pick in the first round.)

1. Indianapolis Colts - QB Andrew Luck; Stanford
2. Washington Redskins - QB Robert Griffin III; Baylor
3. Cleveland Browns - RB Trent Richardson; Alabama
4. Minnesota Vikings - OT Matt Kalil; Southern Cal
5. Jacksonville Jaguars - WR Justin Blackmon; Oklahoma State
6. Dallas Cowboys - CB Morris Claiborne; LSU
7. Tampa Bay - S Mark Barron; Alabama
8. Miami Dolphins - QB Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M
9. Carolina Panthers - Luke Kuechly; Boston College
10. Buffalo Bills - CB Stephon Gilmore; South Carolina
11. Kansas City - DT Dontari Poe; Memphis
12. Philadelphia Eagles - DT Fletcher Cox; Mississippi State
13. Arizona Cardinals - WR Michael Floyd; Notre Dame
14. St. Louis Rams - DT Michael Brockers; LSU
15. Seattle Seahawks - LB Bruce Irvin; West Virginia
16. New York Jets - DE Quinton Coples; North Carolina
17. Cincinnati Bengals - CB Dre Kirkpatrick; Alabama
18. San Diego Chargers - DE Melvin Ingram; South Carolina
19. Chicago Bears - LB Sea McClellin; Boise State
20. Tennessee Titans - WR Kendall Wright; Baylor
21. New England Patriots - DE Chandler Jones; Syracuse
22. Cleveland Browns - QB Brandon Weeden; Oklahoma State
23. Detroit Lions - OT Riley Reiff; Iowa
24. Pittsburgh Steelers - OG David DeCastro; Stanford
25. New England Patriots - LB Dont'a Hightower; Alabama
26. Houston Texans - DE Whitney Mercilus; Illinois
27. Cincinnati Bengals - OG Kevin Zeitler; Wisconsin
28. Green Bay Packers - DE Nick Perry; Southern Cal (could move to LB)
29. Minnesota Vikings - S Harrison Smith; Notre Dame
30. San Francisco 49ers - A.J Jenkins; Illinois
31. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - RB Doug Martin; Boise State
32. New York Giants - RB David Wilson; Virginia Tech
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostMon Apr 30, 2012 10:16 pm Offline
Been watching the LA Kings smacking the St. Louis Blues around in hockey today, 5-2.

With so many little altercations going on here and there, I was SO hoping for a line brawl near the end. Oh well...
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostThu May 03, 2012 12:35 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
WHOOOOOOOO JARED WEAVER PITCHED HIS FIRST NO-HITTER TONIGHT!!!!! Wish I was at the actual game but saw the miraculous and nail-biting moment on TV. So happy for him!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostSat May 05, 2012 3:51 pm Offline
Congrats to I'll Have Another, the winner of the 138th Kentucky Derby.

First time in history that post #19 won the race.

Possibly a triple crown winner this year :?:
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostSun May 27, 2012 9:19 pm Offline
zzyzx 1 wrote:
Congrats to I'll Have Another, the winner of the 138th Kentucky Derby.

First time in history that post #19 won the race.

Possibly a triple crown winner this year :?:

I saw how he snuck past Bodemeister for the Preakness Stakes as well.

Triple Crown? I like his chances! Affirmed got the last one in '78, so to be able to see it happen again would be SWEET!
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostFri Jun 08, 2012 11:59 am Offline
No Triple Crown This Year

The connections for I'll Have Another made the right choice by pulling I'll Have Another from the Belmont Stakes. I'll Have Another has the beginning stages of tendentious in his left foot, similar to the achilles tendon in a human.

If the horse ran the race he would likely be so injured that they would have to "put him down" (kill him; euthanize him). At least this way there was no tragedy to the horse, no animal cruelty. I'll Have Another won the Santa Anita Derby, the Kentucky Derby, and the Preakness. A true Southern Californian Horse.

The horse is now retired.

Get well soon, I'll Have Another :)

http://www.drf.com/news/ill-have-anothe ... don-injury
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostFri Jun 08, 2012 12:16 pm Offline
^ Damn! And I liked his chances, too.

:x
Re: NBA, NFL who do u go for, etc anything about the sports PostSat Jun 09, 2012 4:15 pm Offline
Congratulations to Union Rags :D

Winner of The 144th Belmont Stakes!

Union Rags, who came in 7th in the Kentucky Derby, skipped the Preakness Stakes two weeks later to prepare for the Belmont (5 weeks after the Derby).

A $2 win bet on Union Rags paid $7.50.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/horses/t ... 55485324/1

Sort by  
Page 46 of 50 749 posts Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next