Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 56 of 56 834 posts Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56
Re: Toke Much? The Official Marijuana Thread. PostThu Jun 30, 2011 12:59 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
In the time and the place I smoked... whatever I could scrounge for free off my exceedingly generous peers. About 14 times, a lot considering i paid 0 pound 0 dollars for it. Success >_>

I frown at the resistance some still feel to legalization in the younger generation, I said it offhandedly as an example of something we all know should happen but isn't likely to for a while to a friend at college and felt like he kicked me in the head when he said he didn't support it. In that spirit i'll respond to a long dead comment with similar effects.

Quote:
if it was illegal before, why should it be legalised now?

The drug war hasn't been around as long as communism was when it fell little over half a century so far. Pessimistic acceptance needs to end before this goes the way of other unjust laws.

Quote:
being a Republican,

Accepting any idea just to fit in with your group or what people 'like you' are 'supposed to' think, makes me a sad panda.

Quote:
How is smoking something supposed to help you feel better?

If only I thought this was a legitimate question, not a lame attempt to use style over substance, revealing this mind is calcified on the topic like so many others :(

People push the means to an end so hard, they can start valuing it more than the thing it's supposed to bring them, to the point they forget the ultimate goal / justification all together. Happens all the time with laws and regulations not just pot laws. If cannabis should be regulated, it's to decrease the harm it does. If cannabis doesn't do any harm (I used to think there was no evidence until I saw this now I only highly suspect it doesn't) there's no reason to regulate. If it does, harm mitigation is the only justifiable game in town and locking people up or giving them records, that's no way to reduce harm to individuals, much less society that has to pay for them inside and deal with the convicts that come out the system in the end.

Tactics that could stop use altogether are out there (stoning addicts to death for one) but I somehow doubt that would reduce the harm. Some regulation is necessary as in all industries especially those involving sh*t we put inside ourselves. But so many other substances and activities that need regulation and could be easier done but don't get it (obesity for instance) it's a m00t point, the war is absurd.

I just finished with HBO's the wire so it's a timely time to pop this sh*t out it's grave.what anyone think of that show?
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: Toke Much? The Official Marijuana Thread. PostTue Jul 05, 2011 1:27 am Offline
Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:48 pm3652anywhere
aw.....dude........im so f*cking high right now
Re: Toke Much? The Official Marijuana Thread. PostTue Jul 05, 2011 10:12 am Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
RideTheLightning wrote:
aw.....dude........im so f*cking high right now

Heh heh..posted just minutes after 4:20 in my time zone. Good way to announce your return after, what's it been, two years?
Re: Toke Much? The Official Marijuana Thread. PostTue Jul 05, 2011 1:03 pm Offline
You don't need to be high to come back to the BBS after 2 years but it sure helps!
Can't believe it's been that long, feel old now, hope he stays around when he's sobered up.
Was it 4:20 in his timezone too, i.e. does he live in your part of the world? I forget :I
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: Toke Much? The Official Marijuana Thread. PostTue Jul 05, 2011 1:13 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Here's my question. I've always wondered about it - never found any answers, though. Maybe someone in this thread might know.

I know that lungs are designed to breath regular air; Nitrogen/Oxygen mix. I know that with cigarettes, nicotine is a carcinogen (and is tobacco itself?) and can lead to lung cancer.

My question re: Marijuana: it is still entering the body as cigarette smoke does; into the lungs. While there is no nicotine, have there been any studies (or not) that you may know of showing that marijuana usage might also lead to lung cancer? I have never heard this topic/answer before and I am just curious about it.

I ask because as I've said: lungs are designed to breath nitrogen/oxygen air. And marijuana adds other things to the lungs. So has anyone ever heard of a cancer link to smoking marijuana? I've always wondered about this, and who better to ask than people who post in this thread?

Thanks to whomever may know this answer :D

Thanks in advance!

~ZZ
Re: Toke Much? The Official Marijuana Thread. PostTue Jul 05, 2011 3:20 pm Offline
It'd definitely depend how it's smoked, and what it's mixed with. Hard to conduct a controlled study with it being illigal and all.

You can't go by just one study
The results from just googling it are a contradictory mess. The American Cancer society review highlights the mixed results.

I found this on psychology today but I'm not sure how reliable that source is. "While THC is a relatively safe drug, smoked marijuana is hazardous. Careful scientific analyses have identified at least 6,000 of the same chemicals in marijuana smoke as are present in tobacco (Iversen, 2008). The main difference between the two is THC in marijuana and nicotine in tobacco. Otherwise, smoked marijuana and smoked tobacco are chemically very similar."

"To date, no large scale, epidemiological studies exist demonstrating a correlation between THC and cancer. During the early 1980s, Kaiser Permanente studied over 65,000 patients with a ten-year follow-up. About half of these patients, admitted to having tried marijuana. One hundred eighty- two tobacco related cancers were found but no effects of marijuana use on the risk of cancer. This study has some important limitations. First, the marijuana smokers were young (15 to 39), their usage was relatively light, and the follow-up period was short."

Alternative medicine types pimp how there aren't known side effects to their products including pot, but that's only because there haven't been FDA requirements like with real medicine to see what side effects it may have.

Finding safer delivery methods would be awesome but I doubt anyone has an incentive since it's illigal and unregulated and all :I
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: Toke Much? The Official Marijuana Thread. PostThu Apr 11, 2013 5:45 pm Offline
Sat May 15, 2004 11:02 am4310U MWG OSS E NH NA USA EC NY SW in LI
My weed thread's been dead for almost two years, this cannot be.
Listen up here, BSR formerly known as THE assh*le Stoner Brave Sir Ribbit, has been weed free for 4 months and 11 days.
Kinda wish I quit earlier because I would have at the very least 60K saved up.
I do mushrooms every now and then but no more drugs for this dude anymore, except the occasional shroom which I haven't eaten in a few months.
The BBS' #1 Conan fan. The BBS' Official Retired assh*le.
Re: Toke Much? The Official Marijuana Thread. PostThu Apr 11, 2013 8:02 pm Offline
I bet you do alcohol, which is kinda a drug. *slurps my 12th liter of cider from today*
As long as they're cheap and make you feel good i don't see any problem with this stuff. Cheap compared to the alternatives that is.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: Toke Much? The Official Marijuana Thread. PostSun Apr 14, 2013 10:01 am Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
$60K; woo that's impressive.

Lot has changed in those two years. The shit's no longer illegal in two states following referendums last fall in Colorado and Washington. The amount of states where it's legal for 'medicinal' uses is also going up every election cycle.

Seems like it's only a matter of time until the cannabis is legal and taxed like alcohol and tobacco. Then we can finally end at least part of this destructive 'drug war' that has done more harm to America than every illegal drug combined.
You read it! You can't unread it!

Sort by  
Page 56 of 56 834 posts Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56