Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 22 321 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
The Thread That Must Not Be Named PostSat Apr 22, 2006 11:19 pm Offline
Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:51 am616Sandy Eggo
Thanks to everyone for a rousing few days of debate and rock-throwing. Hey, kids, we closed the bar!
Re: The Thread That Must Not Be Named PostSat Apr 22, 2006 11:39 pm Offline
Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:50 pm293
nojo wrote:
Thanks to everyone for a rousing few days of debate and rock-throwing. Hey, kids, we closed the bar!

Yes, I'll definitely remember these past few days here.

Between recent controversy in the news with South Park, the latest episode which a ton of people hated A LOT, and crazy ol' Notty's little visit, this place hasn't felt NORMAL in a while. I almost can't wait for this spring run to end so things calm down around here a little.
PostSat Apr 22, 2006 11:43 pm Offline
Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:42 am934Engerrland =]
What the hell is this thread about? :?
Re: The Thread That Must Not Be Named PostSat Apr 22, 2006 11:43 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
nojo wrote:

I'll drink to that!

Hell, rousing few days? It's been a rousing episode run. Some good thoughts, lotta not-so-good thoughts. We'll see how many quality posters we got out of the spring run soon enough.
You read it! You can't unread it!
PostSat Apr 22, 2006 11:54 pm Offline
Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:06 pm2254New Atlanta, Sector 11, Building 71G
How ironic is this? After spending weeks on end debating bullsh*t conspiracy theories on other boards, I decide to come to SPS to chill out and talk about a TV show I happen to like-- only to come across a very lengthy flame war stemming from a bullsh*t conspiracy theory.

As Stan said at the end of episode 702, "Dude, I am so glad we stayed out of that one."

All I can say is that a true skeptic demands to be convinced with evidence. I saw no such evidence furnished throughout the length of the thread in question, only disparate "facts" mixed with irrational paranoia. If an argument is inconsistent with basic logic then there is no reason for anyone to believe it.

A couple of links on conspiracy theories:

http://skepdic.com/illuminati.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theories
PostSat Apr 22, 2006 11:57 pm Offline
megan*w wrote:
What the hell is this thread about?

It's meta-commentary on the 21-page food fight called (last I checked...) "Do not edit my titles", now locked. A new member was expressing some peculiar political, social and historical views, and many of us were offering spirited objections, while many others seemed to be enjoying the spectacle.

Beats discussing Oprah's minge.
PostSat Apr 22, 2006 11:58 pm Offline
megan*w wrote:

Check out these now-locked threads to see what some of us have been up to, but you've been warned, there's some crazy-ass stuff in them:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/bb ... hp?t=19739
http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/bb ... hp?t=19737
http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/bb ... hp?t=19855

They've been locked and I think the guy who started them (who only joined the board to start them) is gone now. Could be wrong though.
PostSun Apr 23, 2006 12:02 am Offline
Kyle the Skeptic wrote:
All I can say is that a true skeptic demands to be convinced with evidence. I saw no such evidence furnished throughout the length of the thread in question

That's threads, plural. It began with "Do not change my titles" (which got moved from General to Off-Topic and went through 3 subject line changes), camped out at the "SP reference on Colbert" thread at General SP Disc. for a while, and ended at "note to big-will" with NAFB literally demanding that the site admin do as he says. It's been a fun couple of days.

Quote:
A couple of links on conspiracy theories:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theories

I brought up the Wikipedia article and asked him to prove that his beliefs didn't include any of the 14 features. He side-stepped that little request.
PostSun Apr 23, 2006 12:03 am Offline
Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:42 am934Engerrland =]
JDG128 wrote:
megan*w wrote:

Check out these now-locked threads to see what some of us have been up to, but you've been warned, there's some crazy-ass stuff in them:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/bb ... hp?t=19739
http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/bb ... hp?t=19737
http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/bb ... hp?t=19855

They've been locked and I think the guy who started them (who only joined the board to start them) is gone now. Could be wrong though.

Woa.... How long have I been gone? I'm not reading all that.....
PostSun Apr 23, 2006 12:05 am Offline
megan*w wrote:
Woa.... How long have I been gone? I'm not reading all that.....

LOL. At least browse through some of NotAFanBoy's own posts to get a sense of the insanity we've been up against / laughing at.
PostSun Apr 23, 2006 12:20 am Offline
I particularly enjoyed the Colbert drive-by. I had a brief vision of every thread on the board being hijacked.
PostSun Apr 23, 2006 12:32 am Offline
nojo wrote:
I particularly enjoyed the Colbert drive-by. I had a brief vision of every thread on the board being hijacked.

I was kinda irked that it took a racist to get replies to a thread I started. That woulda been kinda funny, in a sad way, to click "reload" every 5 seconds and watch Big-Will literally chase NAFB down the board, locking post after post.

This board needs an archive section. These NAFB threads, I feel, qualify as notorious enough to warrant immortalization.
Last edited by JDG128 on Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostSun Apr 23, 2006 12:35 am Offline
Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:15 pm300
(Smug alert for this thread)

Godverdomme if he's gone without responding. I was hoping to advise him to add one of Terry Jones's greatest little poems to his arsenal of anti-semitic tirades:
[with John Cheese as the maitre d and Jones as cleaning lady maria]

Quote:
ANNOUNCER: The Meaning of Life: Part Six B: The Meaning of Life.
MAÎTRE D: M-hm-hmm. You know, Maria, I sometimes wonder if we'll ever discover the meaning of it all working in a place like this.
MARIA: Oh, I've worked in worse places, philosophically speaking.
MAÎTRE D: Really, Maria?
MARIA: Yes. I used to work in the Académie Française, but it didn't do me any good at all,
A-- and I once worked in the library in the Prado in Madrid, but it didn't teach me nothing, I recall,
And the Library of Congress you'd have thought would hold some key,
But it didn't, and neither did the Bodleian Library.
In the British Museum I hoped to find some clue.
I worked there from nine till six, read every volume through,
But it didn't teach me nothing about life's mystery.
I just kept getting older, and it got more difficult to see,
Till, eventually, me eyes went and me arthritis got bad,
And so now I'm cleaning up in here, but I can't be really sad,
'Cause, you see, I feel that life's a game. You sometimes win or lose,
And though I may be down right now, at least I don't work for Jews.
PostSun Apr 23, 2006 12:41 am Offline
Cedric Digsby wrote:
Godverdomme if he's gone without responding. I was hoping to advise him to add one of Terry Jones's greatest little poems to his arsenal of anti-semitic tirades:
[with John Cheese as the maitre d and Jones as cleaning lady maria]

Don't you see you're ADDICTED to British comedy, you poor, sad child?
PostSun Apr 23, 2006 12:43 am Offline
Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:08 pm1756
^ It's funny that you mentioned the movie "It's a Wonderful Life." I just watched the "Hebrew Hammer" and there was a part in that movie where Santa's evil brother gives out copies of that movie to children in Jewish communities to decrease Jewish pride and make all the children self hating Jews. You wouldn't really understand if you didn't see the "Hebrew Hammer" but it's funny you mentioned it right after I saw it. :lol: Anyones else see that movie. (the Hebrew Hammer)
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!

Sort by  
Page 1 of 22 321 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next